Sign in to follow this  
twofourten

Air ride

I want to look into air ride, does anyone know who makes them, stocks them etc?

Cheers,

Not for your C i hope matey! it'll ruin the handling and for what? so you can scrape the sump on the ground when you park? :camp:

bags are for... (insert derogatory term here)

rayvern i think they are called do it, they did my mates bora and a very tidy install it is too.

Voodoo motorsport

http://www.voodoomotorsport.com/ just done a mk2 Jetta!

Thanks vwdeviant - i just love the idea of being to change ride heights to cope with bloody speed bumps etc so it's practical as well means you can have a totally stupid, lower than satan's sluts option for showing off etc...

I want to look into air ride, does anyone know who makes them, stocks them etc?

Cheers,

Not for your C i hope matey! it'll ruin the handling and for what? so you can scrape the sump on the ground when you park? :camp:

Thanks dude & swiftkid + your right, but i just want to look into it really... My Koni coilovers have been very good to me thus far... :salute:

you can also get remotely adjustable suspension that isn't airride in the traditional sense, depends on your budget..

I don't personally see anything wrong with air ride. best of both worlds stance and practicality. HK do a hydraulic insert that goes between the coil and damper platform allowing a height change of around 4cm but I have no idea of costs.

The performance vw mag did a short write up about air ride made by bag yards this month.

I wouldn't mind having a try in a bagged car to see how they ride, Ive heard that the handling with these is much improved. obviousely never as good as coil overs but as good if not better than standard dampers and springs.

But all of this depends on budget, reason for use etc.

Some of us aren't out and out street/track racers and would never benefit from a top notch coilover setup and would preffer ride quality and practicality as I said.

Kw do a hydraulic front coilover kit which you can raise with a switch. It's gonna be mega expensive though!

I have a mate who fitted a Rayvern air ride system to his MK 3 Golf recently. Very straighforwrd job by all accounts. The kit came in at around £1650 with DIY fitting. The kit included everything required ......... tank, compressor, air lines, bagged struts, valves and switches.

I have found these people (Voodoo Motorsport) who say they can make a kit to fit my existing Koni coilovers, there are a few options so price yet to be discussed, but i'll let you know...

Luke at Plush is now the sole uk distributor for airlift products who do a corrado kit (released 1st April). The kits range from £1800 up to about 3k plus fitting depending how you spec them. 3k kits has digital management, preset ride heights, bigger compressors for quicker filling times, anti leak detection & 4 corner individual control (better handling and no cross loading on corners).

FYI:

Voodoo have just come back to me saying that the custom kit to fit my existing Koni coilovers will be £3480 using Accu Air Touch pad management system...