VWVW

VWVW - New home needed for VR. SOLD

Hi Everyone.

Just thought I will start a members gallery thread of my Corrado VR6 Storm that I purchased back in Feb 09 this Year. To date it has already been treated to a D and G Autotech visit to have the Chains, tensioner, crack pipe, clutch and flywheel done just to be on the safe side (Thanks to Graham and Dave for a job well done). So HOPEFULLY its going to be trouble free motoring for NOW…We all know about the slippery slopes of corrado ownership :D

Anyway managed to do a bit of wax on and wax off recently on the car and whilst it was looking minty clean. I took the car out for a few photo shoots. Hope you like them.

Edited by VWVW

The car looks superb, congratulations on your fine purchase.

How much did the chains and clutch change cost?

Thanks for the positive feedbacks...Iam going to maintain her the best I can and hopefully take her to a few shows and meets in the coming warmer months. The only mod I am itching for is a BMC CDA induction kit.

by vornwend » Today, 5:38 pm

That looks superb

Great photos as well - where abouts are you based

Hi vornwend Iam based in Anglesey

by mr.ots » Today, 7:34 pm

The car looks superb, congratulations on your fine purchase.

How much did the chains and clutch change cost?

mr.otis I will pm you the cost list breakdown of exactly what the package price from D and G Autotech was. Its involves mk 4 tensioners etc and other bits and bobs.

Looks superb! Proof yet again that you don't need to do much to a VR6 to make it look sweet other than keep it clean and drop it a bit :)

mr.otis I will pm you the cost list breakdown of exactly what the package price from D and G Autotech was. Its involves mk 4 tensioners etc and other bits and bobs.

Would you mind PMing me the same info - I'm going to pay DG a visit too in the near future and would be keen to know how many of my livers I need to sell!

mate lovely C i`m on anglesy too havent seen you around! make sure you gimme a wave although mine aint as clean and shiney as yours

ben

Would you mind PMing me the same info - I'm going to pay DG a visit too in the near future and would be keen to know how many of my livers I need to sell!

Me too, please pm me.

Did you get the work done at DG Autotech as precautionary? Or did the work actually need doing?

I’ve just bought a '94 VR6 yesterday, the Seller has just had it serviced and MOT'd, but I'm wondering if I should take it to DG Auto / G-werks to give it a check up.

Thanks!

Me too, please pm me.

Did you get the work done at DG Autotech as precautionary? Or did the work actually need doing?

I’ve just bought a '94 VR6 yesterday, the Seller has just had it serviced and MOT'd, but I'm wondering if I should take it to DG Auto / G-werks to give it a check up.

Thanks

details pm'd to you mate

Its been a long while since I last updated my members thread. Today Ive been busy dismantling the front end. Here is a pic of the work in progress so far...My plan is to get the dismantled parts sand blasted/powder coated and painted.

It all started with taking the bumper off...then while I have that off I might as well take the cross member off and it all spiralled out of control :) Looks like I am going to need loads of new bolts and screws as the ones I have taken off are rusted and dont fancy reusing them again. Iam Still undecided if I am going to change the radiator...It doesnt look too bad but since I have everything off it may make sense to change it at this point.

Edited by VWVW

Had originally purchased a pair of front VR calipers from here for sending to Biggred to get them refurbished. Then found VW dealer did a pretty good price on old exchanged calipers and they even gave me a 10 percent discount and with them being local to me there was non of that extra postage charge had I gone the Biggred route.

I also found out that if you didn’t have the old caliper for exchange there and then they will still be willing to accept your old caliper within a month but you had to pay an extra 20 pounds per caliper. This was returnable to you when you bring your old ones in

Thought I’d take a picture of them whilst they are nice and shinny as a reminder before they go on the car. It even came supplied free with 4 new carrier bolts which was a result! and each calipers in their own VW logo "goody" bag??!! Nice touch !!!

So all in these callipers were 61 pounds each. (that’s with my 10 percent discount and for taking in my old calipers)

Now…do I need to give the caliper surface an extra lick of transparent coating of some sort to keep them staying shinny????

Wow, that's a very reasonable price! Can't do any harm to put an extra coat of something on top...