Vince@Stealth

ABS Pedal distance sensor now obsolete... Grrrrrrr

ABS Pedal distance sensor now obsolete! :bad-words:

I can't believe it, it also fits Golfs, passats and 2 other Seat models that I know of.

I have tried everywhere including putting in an official complaint to VW customer care (who don't care).

Anyone know where i can get one? (NEW)

Cheers

Vince

ABS Distance Sensor.jpg[/attachment:2esgwisp]

hmmm, this is what comes up as a fault on vag-com on my and, from what i've read, quite a few other peoples cars. its been intermittent so i've not worried about it much but if its the cause of my ABS light coming on occasionally too then I'll be quite annoyed if that cant be fixed..

Hi Jim

Yea I get TPS to check dialog, they said maybe VW St Albans and VW Bath may have one, I called them both but thay said they sold em....

Maybe if we can get enough people together to order one It may be worth me trying to contact ATE direct, a group buy as such.

Could be worth investigating?

ABS Light on = MOT Failure, we need a solution for this

So true why stop making parts that are needed, if the price is right im in for a group buy just incase i ever need one

I will take 2 spares

Sodding hell! :(

Not good news, as said, MOT fail, and no new part available to fix it would leave you properly high and dry.

Good luck with ATE Vince, i'm in for a GB...

Maybe if we can get enough people together to order one It may be worth me trying to contact ATE direct, a group buy as such.

Could be worth investigating?

ABS Light on = MOT Failure, we need a solution for this

Good stuff Vince.

A knackered pedal position sensor on mine caused the ABS to cut in when it's not wanted, I assume because the ECU thinks the pedal is pushed hard down?

I've had to replace mine twice in 7 years, so I'll definitely be up for a couple for stock!

It must literally have been obsoleted within the last few months as I fitted one to a mate's VR in Jan/Feb time. VW are just trying to force people to buy new cars from them it seems, but all they're doing is alienating loyal fans instead.

i reckon my car suffers from this, have had ABS come on a couple of times when stopping really slowly and i hardly touched the brakes.

my ABS light has never worked, some previous owner has cut all the bulb out, disconnected the wiring on top of brake fluid thing too. (not failed MOT because of it though)

B@stards, i've had occasional errors from this for a bit now but never worried about it too much. You best add me to the list if you have any joy. Cheers.

So true why stop making parts that are needed, if the price is right im in for a group buy just incase i ever need one

Because they want to sell you new cars, not prolong the life of old ones!

We really should stop being VW enthusiasts and switch to being Merc or BMW enthusiasts.. they have a huge framework and schemes in place specifically for supporting older BMW's and Mercs. Parts on cars even 20+ years old are readily available from Germany and the dealer network know all about them and how to maintain them it seems.

I feel like we're doing VW a favour by keeping these great cars on the road but they seem to have f*ck all interest in doing their bit.

How much are these likely to cost - ballpark?

If they are not horrendously expensive I'd probably be up for a couple too to see me through to my dotage.

Would be interesting to know what other owners in other countries are doing to overcome this.

From a business perspective it can't make sense for VW to stop supplying them when they must have millions of other Corrado spare parts still to offload? Maybe they are already written off (hence the bargain prices - not!)

if this is an issue for all the other cars that Vince mentioned then its an issue for all of the VR6 Owners club, half of Edition 38 and any number of other regional clubs. If there was a common letter produced for each and every member of all the clubs to send to VW then hopefully they might start paying attention and stop being such er, c***s..

The problem is the number of parts going obsolete. This is just one of many which seem to be dropping off the VW systems now, and not just cosmetic / trim pieces but important stuff...

I hate to say it but it's all downhill from here!

i think there should be a difference made between trim or bodywork and safety or service parts though.

this is a consumable item that is fundamental to the functioning of a vehicle and not something that can be allowed to wear out like cosmetic items. put another way, its the equivalent of not supplying brake discs anymore..

I'd consider joining a group buy - let me know a price if it materialises

cheers Vince!

Chris

i think there should be a difference made between trim or bodywork and safety or service parts though.

this is a consumable item that is fundamental to the functioning of a vehicle and not something that can be allowed to wear out like cosmetic items. put another way, its the equivalent of not supplying brake discs anymore..

Indeed. There's other stuff too like, I think, handbrake cables are obsoleted? So what are we supposed to do when they break?!