C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

Looking superb :wink: looking forward to seeing it at the weekend 8)

Gotta say, I almost bought this car but for various job reasons didn't do so. While I regret missing such a great car, in some ways I'm glad I did. There is no way I'd have had the time, money, or ability to do what you've done. It's gone to a better home :)

The engine bay will be properly detailed and restored over winter but couldn`t resist tidying it further today..painted the manifold but then rubbed it back with wirewool to weather the finish as the rest was not painted..just wanted to make the apperance of the bay a littler cleaner...

When i bought it..!!

DSC00047-1.jpg

First clean down..

mumspictures179-1.jpg

Painted sections and will clean and degrease before tatton..

DSCF7050.jpg

Battery cover on and cleaned up the washer bottle and surrounding area, defo not finished but happy enough till winter and a big improvement from when i got it..

DSCF7165.jpg

Looking good! Especially compared to when you first got it.

Any shots of the stereo? 9887 right? Was going to go for it myself but had to settle for the 9880.... for now!

Couldn`t resist a blast out to my local vw dealership, ordered some more parts and quick polish...

DSCF7248.jpg

DSCF7243.jpg

DSCF7241.jpg

the bbs are looking 8)

out of interest, what pads and polish do you like using?

used pinnacle finishing polish with a blue finishing pad..but have used autosmart restore when i first machined it and thats good stuff..

then sealed with autosmart sealer polish and then autoglym HD wax... and autosmart cherry glaze evrytime its wiped over..

Few more bits,battery cover fits well over the factory plastic one.

DSCF7425.jpg

DSCF7429.jpg

Rear number plate surround and various catches and fixings..

DSCF7423.jpg

DSCF7420.jpg

DSCF7422.jpg

DSCF7424.jpg

DSCF7418.jpg

DSCF7421.jpg

Got the part number for the battery cover mate?? looks nice may have to get myself one

Also do you know if the plastic cover for the top of the battery is still available??

Nice work but are your rad bracket screws missing or have the heads sheared off?

there in the bags on the seat..!!! missing when i got it so ordered new ones..

Got the part number for the battery cover mate?? looks nice may have to get myself one

Also do you know if the plastic cover for the top of the battery is still available??

both still available, i`ll dig out the part numbers mate.

both still available, i`ll dig out the part numbers mate.[/quote:1x9vwc0o]

Nice one bud

bet the part man at Vw hyde is sick of seeing your face lol he must think bloody hell not him again

both still available, i`ll dig out the part numbers mate.[/quote:36awiwdf]

Nice one bud

bet the part man at Vw hyde is sick of seeing your face lol he must think bloody hell not him again[/quote:36awiwdf]

He`s been there 25 years and does love his dubs... willing to have a chat and help out everytime...same with the service guys...

Good to know theres still some really helpful ones around still, the old bloke in VW stockport parts always seems dead apologetic when he tells me the price even though i know what the price is going to be lol

I miss my old local stealer (Hyde) :( New local one in Nottingham is a bit pants.

Nice work btw, its making me want to get up early and sort mine bit by bit. What did you use to clean the leather? I did mine with Autoglym leather cleaner the other day but it smells of cat wee and there didn't appear to be any change.

I miss my old local stealer (Hyde) :( New local one in Nottingham is a bit pants.

Nice work btw, its making me want to get up early and sort mine bit by bit. What did you use to clean the leather? I did mine with Autoglym leather cleaner the other day but it smells of cat wee and there didn't appear to be any change.

Well you'll have a few shiney bits to put on when they arrive