C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

Bloody hell it does feel like you've had it ages, you've done loads in the 8 months you've had it good work fella and congrats on the MOT pass :D

cheers mate

Quick try of the new polish, good stuff and doesn`t mark your black trim.. has had a great write up on detailing world.

DSCF4132.jpg

DSCF4124.jpg

I think your colour coded badge looks good, more subtle. Will do the same with mine now I think

I think your colour coded badge looks good, more subtle. Will do the same with mine now I think

front badge is a new standard chrome one, just the photo

Just took the car out for a spin, did give it some stick and whilst accelerating hard heard a noise and thought nothing of it untill i got home and saw a nice dent in the bonnet which has cracked the paint..!!!!

Looks like the front mount has gone..!!! even though it felt ok when i put it back together... nice rub mark on the manifold..!!!!!

:bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

Damn unlucky mate hope you manage to get it fixed and your wallet doesnt take too much of a spanking

wont be that much for the mount and i`ll fit that myself, paint wise i`ll see the guy tomorrow but its just something else to pay for..!!!!

Just had another look and dont know if i`ll need the gearbox mount as well; the engines moving corner to corner...???

Wow shizer! Did you notice the mounts on their way out before this happened or was it out of the blue?

Wow shizer! Did you notice the mounts on their way out before this happened or was it out of the blue?

fitted the front end back together couple of weeks ago and everything felt ok.. did give it some beens today..!!??? oh well...

sick as a chip.!!!!!

Sorry to read your news bud, keep your chin up! At the end of the day, you have a very nice C and one to be proud of.

What front mount were you using? Did the bolt snap? or was it loose/worked loose?

Sorry to read your news bud, keep your chin up! At the end of the day, you have a very nice C and one to be proud of.

What front mount were you using? Did the bolt snap? or was it loose/worked loose?

standard mount, dont thin its worked loose but will look closer in the morning.. oh well good time to up grade i suppose..

Really sorry to hear that mate especially now you've just had all that top work done.

Hope you can get it sorted soon. Are you gonna go for the vibra-technics one? I was thinking of gettin that done in mine at some point but reading this has made it a definite before it gets driven again.

Just had another look and dont know if i`ll need the gearbox mount as well; the engines moving corner to corner...???

i'm sure you'll ensure teh paint shop does a good job,

Replace the gearbox mount with one froma golf Mk2 diesel, about £15 from GSF. Its solid rubber.

Sorry to hear about the setback. You've done great things with this car so just look at what you've achieved. In the grand scheme of things this is a minor issue. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Think i`ll go for the genuine front mount first and go from there, the one thats in is prob the original so worth starting there and then looking at the gearbox if that doesnt cure it..

It`ll be sorted asap as i`m a fussy sod with my cars and wont even drive to the shops if its not polished and clean... big time ocd... :eek:

Sorry to hear that Andy :( I'd definately recomend a vibra technics mount on the front though. a standard new one is good but you can feel a good improvement with a VT one.

The bolt that holds the lower part of the front mount had fallen out, i must have forgot to tighten it up when rebuilding the front end..!!

fitted it back on but still feels a bit of movement from the gearbox mount... whats the part number for the mk2 diesel one....??

Just ordered the gearbox mount from vw and they only list the solid rubber mount for the vr6 now..

Sorry to hear that Andy :( I'd definately recomend a vibra technics mount on the front though. a standard new one is good but you can feel a good improvement with a VT one.

I had my engine mounts changed last year and went for standard ones instead of the Vibra Technics ........what kind of improvements would I have seen with the Vibra ones then KIP :scratch: ??

Hope this doesnt clog your thread up too much C5 OEM :?

I had my engine mounts changed last year and went for standard ones instead of the Vibra Technics ........what kind of improvements would I have seen with the Vibra ones then KIP :scratch: ??

Hope this doesnt clog your thread up too much C5 OEM :?

from what people say there`s less engine movement and better response but sometime makes the gear change a bit harsh..

from what people say there`s less engine movement and better response but sometime makes the gear change a bit harsh..

Yep I've heard that said too but can only speak from experience and say I've not had the slightest issue since getting mine fitted at D&G last year.