C5 OEM

C5 oem .....great white hope

from what people say there`s less engine movement and better response but sometime makes the gear change a bit harsh..

Yep I've heard that said too but can only speak from experience and say I've not had the slightest issue since getting mine fitted at D&G last year.

which ones have you had replaced..?

Sorry to hear that Andy :( I'd definately recomend a vibra technics mount on the front though. a standard new one is good but you can feel a good improvement with a VT one.

All 3 of my engine mounts are VT Road mounts (not the harsher Race ones) as recommended by Dave (D&G Autotech) they work a treat no nasty vibrations etc :D

All my 3 mounts are VT Road mounts (not the harsher Race ones) as recommended by Dave (D&G Autotech) they work a treat no nasty vibrations etc

Think that might need a bit of amending to read more clearly to what I think you meant i.e. VT Road mounts as recommended by Dave.

I've added more brackets above. :)

from what people say there`s less engine movement and better response but sometime makes the gear change a bit harsh..

Yep I've heard that said too but can only speak from experience and say I've not had the slightest issue since getting mine fitted at D&G last year.

which ones have you had replaced..?[/quote:prp0ijaj]

Pretty sure its just the front and gear box ones and like Jon they are the fast road variety - think thats what they were called?

Sorry to hear that Andy :( I'd definately recomend a vibra technics mount on the front though. a standard new one is good but you can feel a good improvement with a VT one.

I had my engine mounts changed last year and went for standard ones instead of the Vibra Technics ........what kind of improvements would I have seen with the Vibra ones then KIP :scratch: ??

Hope this doesnt clog your thread up too much C5 OEM :?

I'll not ramble on too much in Andy's thread but gear change under load if givin it some beans is superb compared to a standard mount, also worth looking how much a VR engine moves with a standard mount compared to a VT one when you go to a rolling road day.

The differance is simple phenomenal :shock:

I'm sure a new standard one will be a great improvement though over a tired one.

Had the rear mounts replaced with standard items as opposed to VT ones though when mine was at DG a year or so ago :grin:

I'll not ramble on too much in Andy's thread but gear change under load if givin it some beans is superb compared to a standard mount, also worth looking how much a VR engine moves with a standard mount compared to a VT one when you go to a rolling road day.

The differance is simple phenomenal :shock:

I'm sure a new standard one will be a great improvement though over a tired one.

Had the rear mounts replaced with standard items as opposed to VT ones though when mine was at DG a year or so ago :grin:

Interesting thanks mate......might contemplate changing mine soon as my engine seems to bulk quite a lot.

Picked up the new vw mount today, genuine solid rubber mount. Took about 30minutes to fit and engine feels alot better,still has movement but much improved.

Hi mate, i did a search on the alpine 9887 and your thread popped up, i really want an alpine stereo in my life so just wondered if you wouldnt mind giving me your thoughts on the 9887r, also does it come with a usb cable in the back so i can hook my usb pen into it and any bad points you have come across? Just dont want to buy it and it turns out to be not very good

Cheers fella

Jon

Hi mate, i did a search on the alpine 9887 and your thread popped up, i really want an alpine stereo in my life so just wondered if you wouldnt mind giving me your thoughts on the 9887r, also does it come with a usb cable in the back so i can hook my usb pen into it and any bad points you have come across? Just dont want to buy it and it turns out to be not very good

Cheers fella

Jon

it comes with the usb cable and its great, not too many features to baffle you but just what you need for a good sound and illuminates green to match the dash..

mine came fitted with the silver one but then sourced a black one which suits better..

you can always try mine first if you want

Back to the bodyshop tomorrow, having the bonnet and both wings done, inside the petrol cap for laquer peel and small dent on roof.. plus all the buffing to be done on previous parts they`ve painted..

Hopefully that should be it then, it should be pretty mint...fingers crossed.. :?

Cheers fella

Jon

it comes with the usb cable and its great, not too many features to baffle you but just what you need for a good sound and illuminates green to match the dash..

mine came fitted with the silver one but then sourced a black one which suits better..

you can always try mine first if you want[/quote:1klkfiww]

Cheers fella Funny that you said about it illuminating green as the missus has been having a go at me for years saying my pioneer doesnt match the dash very well and looks like blackpool illuminations (as it flashes) haha

also was it easy to fit ive seen a couple of the units wiring harnesses and they have a big silver box coming out of the back and with the corrado having feck all room at the back to get the stereo in?

Cheers fella

Jon

you can always try mine first if you want[/quote:245dhyz1]

Cheers fella Funny that you said about it illuminating green as the missus has been having a go at me for years saying my pioneer doesnt match the dash very well and looks like blackpool illuminations (as it flashes) haha

also was it easy to fit ive seen a couple of the units wiring harnesses and they have a big silver box coming out of the back and with the corrado having feck all room at the back to get the stereo in?[/quote:245dhyz1]

took the side panel off from the passenger side to make it easier.

Been to see the car today, got told off because the car has so much polish on it..!! reacts with the painting.. :nono:

Ended up having more work done now..wont see it till middle of next week..

What extra work did you go for? Color coding number plate trim? Headlight surrounds? I am wondering if I should do mine?

Rear arch`s folded and sealed, for 2 reasons; 1. clear my rear wheels 2. future proof the car;no lip for the dirt to sit on and actually same as the mk4 is from factory.

Rear arch`s folded and sealed, for 2 reasons; 1. clear my rear wheels 2. future proof the car;no lip for the dirt to sit on and actually same as the mk4 is from factory.

Could i ask how much they charged for that?

Be interested to know this as well. Mate lives down near Hyde and if they we're a good shop I'd travel for it. Pm if you would please mate, cheers

you got any pics

you got any pics[/quote:ydduentd]

kids decided to attempt to merge bread with the camera and thus the lense is fubard..!!!

went today and its looking good..roll on friday

kids decided to attempt to merge bread with the camera and thus the lense is fubard..!!!

I will look at my mk 4 tomorrow and if its like it I might have it done, I take it this was done at the garage you recomended to me in Hyde

I will look at my mk 4 tomorrow and if its like it I might have it done, I take it this was done at the garage you recomended to me in Hyde

yes mate, lightfoot motor bodies

went today and its looking good..roll on friday

bread merged with camera makes a roll on friday! thats impressive must be using Corra dough

yes mate, lightfoot motor bodies[/quote:1k3k3b54]

Def gonna get it booked in there as soon as its back 8)

Didn`t realise the rear quarter windows were bonded in..!!lol

just spent the last hour in the bodyshop taking the rear trim out..!! oh fun oh joy i love corrados...

start back at 8am to get it ready for the window guy and prep for paint