Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

How Many 24V corrados around?

I only just noticed this thread :)

Can confirm that mine was, I'm fairly sure, only the second conversion that PSI did. And back then it seemed pretty special. Now, with all the R32 conversions, turboed 24v cars, and talk of R36 transplants - it seemes quite tame.

And, after 2 years or so, I'm STILL not used to the hair-trigger throttle - which makes it just so jerky around town. One of these days I'll pop over to Vince's and get it re-mapped to smooth out the response.

Love the low-down tractibility of it tho - but it seems to lack the old urge at high revs that the 12v engine had. Now about that re-mapping ... ...

Are there any UK 3.6's?

:D

Now thats good thinking batman

Bye bye 2.8 24v

13042010455.jpg

:lol:[/quote:20bq68tk]

Hmm, might have to make a trip to Stylehaus and have a look at this if it's still in there! 8)

not liking how they are resting the front bumper :cuckoo:

So you must be the first rado owner to go for the r36. Good call, I was almost going the same direction but couldnt afford the costs and time off the road (daily and only car lol). Good luck with it all, and look forward to seeing it.....which will be when and where?

not liking how they are resting the front bumper :cuckoo:

So you must be the first rado owner to go for the r36. Good call, I was almost going the same direction but couldnt afford the costs and time off the road (daily and only car lol). Good luck with it all, and look forward to seeing it.....which will be when and where?

How should the front bumper be rested.. :shock: :lol: (It is due to be painted now due to a nice collection of stone chips after Germany! :norty: )

No plans to have it done for a certain time and date as I have never known of any car to be built to a schedule, not sure 100% if we are going 3.6 as I have just sourced a low mileage (6k) Mk5 R32 but seeing there are a few, but me and Jay discuss this subject and I guess It will be ata show sometime in the future with quite possibley one of the other!

Vick :D

tbh I didnt think it sounded that great, plus do you reckon the price is suitable? Not sure it's worth that much, if it is......anyone wanna buy mine? :tongue:

really not a fan of that sound, sounds far too raspy for my liking and very loud. prefer a nice deep roar but then again im probably only saying that because im jealous i didn't get to finish mine.

tbh I didnt think it sounded that great, plus do you reckon the price is suitable? Not sure it's worth that much, if it is......anyone wanna buy mine? :tongue:

Yeah I thought the price was a bit strong too! I assumed mine would probs be worth £5k maybe but if that's anything to go by I'm thinking it might be worth more :shrug:

Old thread, would be good to where these cars are now. There was also coxylaads 24v 4wd with the golf dash or something along those lines but whether it got completed was another story