Critical_Mass

Gaz's Bordeaux Pearl VR NEW WHEELS!

for some reason I've missed this thread till now chap, nice looking VR :D

don't know much about the VR engine, but those top hoses to the matrix seem to be a favourite to pop. Must be hot over the exhaust manifold there and the hoses get a lot of temperature cycling :shrug:

Thanks very much David, cheers for the comments. It does scrub up nice, but the paint work is a little tatty in places... odd scuff and those damn stone chips on the front!!!!

Yeah they do get hot especially above the manifold. Though the 6 branch is wrapped so that will help. It was only a very very small hole but the coolant didnt half shoot out of it. Funnily enough the hole was on top of the pipe and not underneath.

Still if it was original, which i suspect it was, it did well to last 17 years without being replaced. Should be good for another 17 years! :D

Bordeaux Pearl is my favourite Corrado colour.

I would have held out for a Bordeaux but I was kind of in a hurry when I bought my Ice Grey Violet; with my old car’s insurance running out and I managed to find this low-ish mileage sample (76k) that’s within my budget.

Anyway I’ve grown to really like the Ice Grey now plus it’s fairly uncommon, so all is good!

Happy motoring!

:lol: @ Dirtytorque

Wy906 - to be honest i didnt aim for a specific colour when i was hunting for cars i just found one that was a good un and it just happened to be a Bordeaux pearl one. There are a few colours i like, cant decide which is the best... without being biased :D

Right... i havent posted on this thread for a while - simply due to their been nothing to update.

First off, ive noticed by steering is all over the please, feels terrible. Loose feeling, bump steer is terrible and theres a vibration, but the vibration is there all the time, only on certain road surfaces and only when accelerating. Any thoughts? Tie rod ends, ball joints?

Also ive noticed, where the sill meets the front wing, the stone chip stuff the put on before painting seems to be working it way loose. By loose i mean its 'peeling' away from the metal below. I guess water has some how got under it some how and has progressively gotten worse. Anyone heard this happen before? I know its going to be a body shop job.

Can anything more be done to slow it down until i can afford to get it sorted. Along with a few other bits of rust on the front wing and behind reg plate lights panel? Ive put stone chip over it for now.

Right another update of this thread, but a good one.

My georgeous gal got me some wind deflectors (for the car :lol: ) for my birthday - Between you and me i think she got tired of me moaning about the water dripping from the roof into the car :lol:.

I'm well chuffed with them, they are the Team Heko ones off ebay. I got them fitted in about 5 mins. 8) They look smart. Just hope the tiny stick pad on them manages to hold them ok. May have to do something to secure it better - dont want them falling off whilst going down the road :?

Well after about a year of having the 6 branch manifold fitted and not being 100% happy with it. I got the original manifold and downpipe fitted and i have to say im kind of relieved that i made the right choice. No more sucking/blowing noise, id never been able to get it to join onto the cat correctly. Always sounded like it was blowing despite attempts to sort it :(

Sounds mean as h3ll now, especially having the BMC and sports cat fitted, the car has a nice deep rumble to it. :D

although it shouldnt be a surprise sometimes that happens doesnt it, the car just works better on standard stuff ....... recently felt the same when putting my cat back on and standard air box - just seemed smoother and more refined - sometimes its best just to concede VW knew what they were doing !!

although it shouldnt be a surprise sometimes that happens doesnt it, the car just works better on standard stuff ....... recently felt the same when putting my cat back on and standard air box - just seemed smoother and more refined - sometimes its best just to concede VW knew what they were doing !!

:lol: They are my mechanics sentiments exactly Danny. He is a believer on standard, he likes things to be left alone and i can appreciate that - but sometimes aftermarket can be an improvement.

Its funny really, the day he fitted it he said to me, "You'll be asking him to swap it back over sometime in the future". How right was he! :lol:

Also got these to fit - sorry pics arent clear, so i'll just tell you what they are :lol:

This is a pair of window rubbers, the bit that runs along the bottom of the window/top of door panel on the outside. Mine are a bit rotten and mouldy. Not cheap though :-/

Apparently the last ones in stock also.

WOW! :shock:

The car feels so much better, must have been down on power before, its running alot better now.

Goes like stink :D 8)

Very happy. Shame it cost so much to get it swapped over, as he had to drill and retap the studs :(

WOW! :shock:

The car feels so much better, must have been down on power before, its running alot better now.

Goes like stink :D 8)

Very happy. Shame it cost so much to get it swapped over, as he had to drill and retap the studs :(

Haha, you didn't tell me all this!!!

What would you say it needs doing to it, to make it sit right and connect up as it should?

Sorry mate, not something thats common with these. It was down on power before because it was letting air in just before the cat and making it run rich.

For a start you'll need a new donut gasket for between manifold and CAT. Also needs a new metal gasket for between the head and the manifold - cheap as chips though.

Im providing an adaptor which the flexi bolts go into. But the adaptor is attached to your cat by 3 nuts. The problem i think is that the flexi bolts will only screw so far in before they hit the cat flange , i couldnt get them tight enough - shorter bolts prob would do the trick, though ive been running it with a sports cat, not the standard cat. Or you could get the cat flange taken off and the adaptor welded straight onto the cat. At least then the bolts wouldnt hit the cat flange.

The donut was provided by the person i bought the manifold off but it was new when i got it. Maybe the wrong donut was provided, i didnt have any reason to think otherwise.

I've asked about this issue on the forum and not come across anyone with the same issue who has a 6 branch.

Sorry if you think ive kept anything from you, that wasnt my intentions. If this puts you off buying the manifold, then im happy to refund the cash. Ive just had enough of it being unable to get it to seal right.

Hence my Haha at the start of my post, I was only teasing fella! Still happy to buy.

I might just zip the bolts down in length if needed to fit right and buy the proper gaskets. Looking forward to the extra 20bhp it'll bring :nuts: or maybe not!

Hence my Haha at the start of my post, I was only teasing fella! Still happy to buy.

I might just zip the bolts down in length if needed to fit right and buy the proper gaskets. Looking forward to the extra 20bhp it'll bring :nuts: or maybe not!

Cool. Pleased to hear it :D

Thats one thing the 6 branch does give you, and thats a sharper throttle response. Which i have noticed is gone since removing it.

Right i need some help. Had a go at fitting the new window scraper seals. I managed to get the old one off my destroying it. The seals have a lip on then that seems to hook under the metal in the door so once the seals are in, its hard to get them off.

This is where my problem lies, fitted the new one but there's a gap between the scraper and the window. I think the problem is that the lip has not hooked under the the metal that runs along the top of the door on the inside skin - between it and the actual window. I cant get to the seal on the inside as the window is in the way.

Any one got a guide or something as to how to fit them?

Yeah, whip the door card off and there's 2x 10mm bolts holding the regulator to the bottom of the glass, I reckon if you just take them out it might drop far enough for you to pop it in properly.

Yeah, whip the door card off and there's 2x 10mm bolts holding the regulator to the bottom of the glass, I reckon if you just take them out it might drop far enough for you to pop it in properly.

Ah is the regulator the metal scissor mechanism that moves the window up and down.

Cheers Tom, i'll take a gander. :D