rsgntx

Post a Pic Only - your best pic of your car

Bump,

I can't believe its been nearly 7 years since someone posted here.

Had the 8v wet sanded and machine polished a couple of weeks back by the team at the body shop. While it’s possibly not the best picture of the car, it’s the best it’s been in the eleven years I’ve owned it.

58F2A87A-95B5-4C23-90C3-6A13AB2680FD.jpeg

1 hour ago, James. said:

Had the 8v wet sanded and machine polished a couple of weeks back by the team at the body shop. While it’s possibly not the best picture of the car, it’s the best it’s been in the eleven years I’ve owned it.

58F2A87A-95B5-4C23-90C3-6A13AB2680FD.jpeg

Looks very different since the last time I saw it

Here is my favourite pic of my Moonlight Blue 95 VR6.

corrado1.PNG

Edited by branty

Gave it a quick wash this morning but liked it in twilight out the window so took a pic.0ce22c761a67cb527ef4e3d472e9e7d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, MJA said:

Gave it a quick wash this morning but liked it in twilight out the window so took a pic.0ce22c761a67cb527ef4e3d472e9e7d5.jpg

You’d be a fool to sell that….

• Like 1

Cheers Dox, concluding the same myself these days. Im invested too deep in time, money and jobs done vs its ultimate value on the market. I still enjoy both the car and looking at it so I made my bed when I set out so had may as well lie in it so to speak.

It isnt perfect, stonechip is too thick/wrong paint on that side in the pic, the car is high miles (155k) so anything I have done isn't going to net it a strong marketable value because of mileage. I did know that when I set out but thought I'd never sell it. I need to stop chasing perfection and just enjoy it for what it is.

Shines nice in the sun too.

b68ad7b2cf905046575ecbcde4aa8742.jpg

. I need to stop chasing perfection and just enjoy it for what it is.

That right there is what it’s all about.

My wife said this with a smirk 11 years ago “ it’ll never be finished “ but I don’t care as long as I can use and enjoy it most of the time. There is always something I’ve got to look at but it doesn’t have to be perfect or I’ll be too frightened of anything happening to it, to use it. 

• Like 1

Its a good phrase and only one I came across the other day! I should get it printed and put up in the garage to rationalise things when the chips are down.

The whole of idea of it never being finished was the attraction.

I think also, for me, I simply have too many old VWs and not enough time (or funds) to get them where I want them. The mk2 16v needs to stay but the mk3 16v I need to let go of, trouble is I've gone mad on that one too - massive chassis and floor pan refurb 90% done, more so than I have done on corrado - but it is low miles (78k), 3 door, red and should sell cleanly on the market. I bought a miltek (rare now), recaro edition interior and some nice 16in BBS but will refrain fitting them and sell it as a stock 16v.

On 9/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, MJA said:

I need to stop chasing perfection and just enjoy it for what it is.

New forum title 🙂

Looks great from here. First Corrado I had was a 2.0 16v in white. Freshly polished in fading light makes all those lines/curves really pop. I said I wouldn’t have another white car, but I’d have that in a breath 👍🏻.

• Like 1

Loving that Graham. Stripes suit is really well as Cressa mentions. Special car that with all the (complex) work you've put into it.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:31 PM, Cressa said:

I do love those stripes 👍

On 10/3/2022 at 11:23 PM, MJA said:

Loving that Graham. Stripes suit is really well as Cressa mentions. Special car that with all the (complex) work you've put into it.

thanks, appreciate your comments