VR6matty

Vr6matty's VRT... Respray Complete

Hi Mark

Sorry for late reply lol I am good at reading other peoples threads just not my own!

The wastegate that is supplied with the turbo kit is pretty generic and sourced from a company in the US it does its job well, however I think that with all the heat from the turbo and manifold over time and numerous heat cycles this causes a weakness in the rubber diaphragm inside, which eventually splits in my case leaving the gate closed and the car to over boost. It hasn't gone since however I did get a Tial diaphragm upgrade put into the housing last time I was up but the old one was still looking pretty good when it came out over a year later with good 30ish miles use each day so may have just had bad luck previously.

As for the turbo kit as a whole I cannot recommend it highly enough extremely solid gets daily abuse and never misses a beat whilst being just as if not more efficient than stock in most normal situations,

Now I just need to get the respray sorted and it may stand still long enough to look good too

Fantastic work, this is definitely the sort of direction I'd like to take my car in... What was the problem with the wastegates? What type/brand were you using?

Mark

seen this at national day last year I am sure?

Hi

Yep it certainly was, I live local to Brooklands so was an easy one to get to and cracking day too. Loved the banking and somehow managed to get a slot on second row, well chuffed. Once its been repainted I will try and keep it clean for show season and get down to some more events

After the best part of 8 years of repairing/improving the mechanicals I am finally treating the c to a full cosmetic makeover.

Didn't have too much time to get many pics but will get some more of the progress next time, I am liking the silver arrow look think I may just leave it naked :)

Thanks Guys, has been a long wait to get it going as I have had to acquire all the bits including new scraper seals and my paint guy has been busy on other jobs. Happy with the attention he is giving it now anyway, looking forward to seeing the end results.

Are they not taking the wings of to spray them ? Just a question as mine is stripped for paint as we speak aswell and i took wings off

Are they not taking the wings of to spray them ? Just a question as mine is stripped for paint as we speak aswell and i took wings off

Not entirely sure will find out what he is planning to do. I know he wanted to take the doors off for prep until I explained the loom situation I.e no multiplug :) is it easier to paint or do you get a better finish on them when they are off?

Yea im not going as far as to take the doors off , bonnet will come off and wings are off , not entirely sure about wings tbh bud but wile mine are off there getting dollied flat and chemical metal sealed shut so no water can get in there , also a good time to clean the chassis legs and inner wings

Cant wait for mine to be in this position, off for quotes and hopefully book it in tomorrow! :dance:

Cant wait for mine to be in this position, off for quotes and hopefully book it in tomorrow! :dance:

Good news Sean keep us updated :thumbleft: (Love you):rolleyes::camp:

Good news Sean keep us updated :thumbleft: (Love you):rolleyes::camp:

I'm starting to worry now, I'm sure there's been a Vectra cruising slowly up and down my street lately too.................:lol:

Well after what seems like a lifetime my car is finally all back together again, but now with new paint :D bar some minor niggles I am very happy with all the work that has been done.

I will try and put up some better pics before it gets too dirty if the weather stays clear. Biggest result was definitely the replacement windscreen managed to get a green top tint privately fitted (and well) for £235. After all the horror stories it was such a relief to see it done right and after todays rain not to be swimming in condensation or getting wet feet.

Very very glad to be back in a Corrado again,

Congrats, looks well!

Thanks Sean. I am just glad its finally done, worst part was when we discovered my brand new scraper seals had been chucked away! They came from classic parts in a cardboard tube which must have been taken out and put in the wrong place and assumed to be rubbish :( that was s costly mistake for him anyway.

Well so long as it gets rectified, then no harm done! How long did you loose your car for?

Was just over 2 and a half months in total, was pretty slow due to it being just him and hitting lots of sticking points along the way. Needless to say his not a fan of the Corrado anymore