Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Struggling to find SLC bumper side lights

Can anyone help me find the SLC bumper side lights from the USA spec cars. I'm looking for clear ones. Found a chap on ebay in usa, but he wouldnt send to uk.

Any help is appreciated

Rams

not sure about clear ones but you can get amber ones from TPS and maybe even VAG.. I got some amber ones if your interested

Maybe find a member of the forum in the US then maybe ask them if they could be a middle man and post on.........just a thought

not sure about clear ones but you can get amber ones from TPS and maybe even VAG.. I got some amber ones if your interested

Did that include the bulb holders?

less the £20 for the 2 holders and lenses. im looking on ETKA for PN, I dont have them at home so I cant tell

Cool, the thought did pass through my mind to try TPS, will call then tomorrow. Nice one!

Its also a good idea for me to ask a USA member. Is there a particular friendly American I should ask ?

Otherwise, failing that, Iwhat would you be after for them? Are the bulb holders for day light running bulbs or indicators? I'm thinking outloud, but they are different to MK2 Golf bumber indicators....??

they are just day/running lights, do you have us spec bumper? i would imagine it being straight forward enough to make them flash

I have managed to find a set in clear from Ebay, if you need the link, just shout

I just picked up my American style indicators from my main dealers,

i got both indicators,bulb holders,bulbs and speed nuts for £31.08

thanks Kempy for the part numbers.

Does anybody know if it`s the same plug on the back of the USA bulb holders and the original ones ?

I'm not that clear on your question,

I have the slc bumper lights which are indicators and have them fitted so might be able to help?

I have bought the bulb holders that go with the usa spec indicators, the plug that goes into the bulb holder,is it the same as the euro spec one? Or should i buy a new plug ?

Sorry if i'am confusing you !

I'am doing away with the old side indicators,and using the USA ones.

Could i just plug the loom from the original side marker into the new one ?

Yes you can, I used connectors from the loom to socket holder. I had to make the wiring a bit longer to reach into the bumper. Nice and easy.

The MOT is due on the 24th of Jan but my old school friend is the tester and hes seen the mods and said they were fine. They are amber flashing indicators which are clearly visable so you shouldn't have MOT problems even with a non friend testing.

You could always use different repeators in the bumper like M3 style? Or would you only use the slc ones? I really should have moulded mine in and it might be a job I ask the body shop to do??

Any pics of yours? Thats my dilemma. Do I cut a bumper (which is hard to get) or redrill the wings for the standard one. I might just try and get away with taping the original ones to the outside if the wing.

Did your car not have them fitted then? I know some C models don't have the side repeators. I wouldnt have thought sticking them to the wing was a good idea..

Or even original side repeators mounted into the bumper could work?