n3p

Green Storm Turbo - Sold :(

Cheers yep the Merc is certainly an antithesis of a VRT! After the summer we've had I needed air con in my life

You're not wrong!

R32 has gone. I am coming back to boost as I've missed it. New project being collected on Sat :D

Oi oi! What's all this then? Doubt you'll be back in a Corrado after having something a near ten tenths car? Will be interested to see what you've gone for though ;)

You're not wrong!

R32 has gone. I am coming back to boost as I've missed it. New project being collected on Sat :D

Kev, seriously, you cant tease us with such a short burst of critical info......details please? :D

Lol, I don't want to pollute this gentleman's thread :D I'll update my own shortly!

ha ha, im sure nick wouldnt mind a slight reveal but i understand...eyes peeled for your thread update!!

Nothing that wild gentlemen :D

I wanted something bonkers like my Corrado VRT but slightly updated. I think my choice of steed fits that brief perfectly :D I've updated my thread!

You were lucky there mate! Did the officer happen to ask about the car in any detail? Would have probably caused a raised eyebrow if he'd found it was pushing the better part of 400BHP :)

Luckily the copper was alone and seemed quite interested in the car

I was driving normally down a dual carriageway when I saw a grey BMW 530D Touring come up behind me at a fairly fast pace. Thinking he wanted to try and bully me out of the lane, I decided to shift down and boot it off so he was a spec in my rear view mirror - then the blues started flashing through the grille... oops! :lol:

All I could do was hold my hands up (not literally), apologising and saying I was just having a bit too much fun on a fast road. Couldn't deny that I wasn't driving like a berk. Aside from the safety spiel and speed limits, he asked to see what I had under my bonnet and asked what top speed I've had out of the car (like I was going to tell him!). Commented on its condition and said that next time I'll get done. Very lucky to have not been prosecuted, and I'll be more careful in the future. I think that if he wasn't alone I would have definitely had some points on my license.

Funnily enough yesterday I saw an unmarked little Kia hatchback pull over a different car. Seems that they are using a wider variety of motors these days in South London/Surrey.

Argg speeding awarness course , i had to do one a few months back

Boring as hell but it keeps the licence clean and insurance down

One thing that does pain me though is that you pay to do a driving awarness course and to keep points of your licence then when you renew your license they ask if you have done a course !! I assume this is so they can still hike your insurance up even though you have no extra points

Id remember to tell them you havent had and dealings with anything Speeding based when you renew mate

I think some unmarked coppers try and goad people into flooring it, then stick the blues on. Next time, look carefully at what he's wearing before issuing the full steam ahead command down to the boiler room.

You can usually see their bulky police gear and an extra aerial or two.

Similar thing happened to me in 2010. I got impatient waiting for some dithering tool doing 40mph on the slip road, so I over took him on the chevrons and then proceeded to blast up the outside lane carriageway, grumping to myself about dithering zombies. And then I noticed some flashing blues behind. Arse! They were OK actually and joked that they gave up trying to keep up with me at 95mph :lol: They were in a Volvo T5R patrol car. They gave me a choice of a TS10 (white line offense) or an SP70 (IIRC, speeding offense), so I took the lesser of the two! Nice blokes.

They were only interested in the corrado from a; "It's a tiny car, you want to be careful you don't drive under a truck in it" perspective, lol.

Id remember to tell them you havent had and dealings with anything Speeding based when you renew mate

I wouldn't withhold any info to the insurance co as should the worse happen this is a £10K+ car at current prices?

Works out at 195,088 people a year not that badly hurt in a traffic accidents, i think that's only an 8% chance of being seriously hurt or dead if in an accident.

32 million cars on the road today, so less than a 1% chance your going to crash.

Sorry for the delay in replying, forgot about this

Argg speeding awarness course , i had to do one a few months back

Boring as hell but it keeps the licence clean and insurance down

One thing that does pain me though is that you pay to do a driving awarness course and to keep points of your licence then when you renew your license they ask if you have done a course !! I assume this is so they can still hike your insurance up even though you have no extra points

Luckily I didn't have to attend any kind of course, it is some new scheme they have rolled out down this way where they will just give you a written warning that if they catch you again you will definitely get done. Can't be fairer than that really, I was driving like an idiot although it didn't help that the copper looked like he wanted to play! What's annoying is that my friend got stopped by the same car a couple of months prior and warned me about that particular stretch of road and an unmarked BMW. I only twigged a nanosecond before he turned on his blue lights :(

I think some unmarked coppers try and goad people into flooring it, then stick the blues on. Next time, look carefully at what he's wearing before issuing the full steam ahead command down to the boiler room.

You can usually see their bulky police gear and an extra aerial or two.

Similar thing happened to me in 2010. I got impatient waiting for some dithering tool doing 40mph on the slip road, so I over took him on the chevrons and then proceeded to blast up the outside lane carriageway, grumping to myself about dithering zombies. And then I noticed some flashing blues behind. Arse! They were OK actually and joked that they gave up trying to keep up with me at 95mph :lol: They were in a Volvo T5R patrol car. They gave me a choice of a TS10 (white line offense) or an SP70 (IIRC, speeding offense), so I took the lesser of the two! Nice blokes.

They were only interested in the corrado from a; "It's a tiny car, you want to be careful you don't drive under a truck in it" perspective, lol.

The Corrado is now a really tiny car, so I can see where they are coming from. Having seen badly crashed Corrado pictures in the past, it doesn't fill me with confidence. The most annoying thing now, especially that I'm running a bit lower is that I get dazzled in my mirrors by most big cars/vans on the road, and with these LED lights it is even worse! By the way, love your new motor!

I wouldn't withhold any info to the insurance co as should the worse happen this is a £10K+ car at current prices?

I declare everything, and if anyone wants to give me £10k for the car then I may well take it :lol:

Works out at 195,088 people a year not that badly hurt in a traffic accidents, i think that's only an 8% chance of being seriously hurt or dead if in an accident.

32 million cars on the road today, so less than a 1% chance your going to crash.

I like those odds!

---

Back on to the car, Jon @ Stealth text me this :norty:

IMG-20141002-WA0004_zpsiizak0xg.jpg

Now I'm not 100% sure if this pic is for mine or his (we have ordered together to save on costs) but what I can tell you is that they are strong, straight cut, from the continent, and according to Jon will be "loud as f**k" :lol:

Updates to follow...

Awesome :) How is your (presumably standard) gearbox holding up with the extra power?

But a lot stronger than a Metro :lol:

The most annoying thing now, especially that I'm running a bit lower is that I get dazzled in my mirrors by most big cars/vans on the road, and with these LED lights it is even worse! By the way, love your new motor!

Yeah that used to annoy me too and mine wasn't lowered very much at all!

Cheers dude. It's nearly as bonkers as a VRT :D

Now up for sale as i have found a dream replacement. Please see classifieds for info. Only advertised here for now, but even if I don't sell then I won't mind because this car is a hoot to drive :norty:

Dare I ask what you've found that means getting rid of this beast?

Please tell me to bugger off if it's a secret

Dare I ask what you've found that means getting rid of this beast?

Please tell me to bugger off if it's a secret

In the spirit of the forum, I can tell you that it is ham related :norty: