Sign in to follow this  
Jim

JimsG60's Corrado G60 (New pics taken 13/03/2005)

How is the Magnex for sound Jim? Need to get rid of the pea-shooter and it's a toss up between the milltec and the Magnex small oval. Wouldn't mind tose figs btw 8)

Magnex sounds good - to be honest, I find it a little loud but then i've never been a fan outright NOISY cars! :)

Good quality system though, and makes a very nice rumble on tickover and sounds fantastic on song.. certainly wouldn't be a bad buy :)

Cool. How is it on the motorway? Mine is a bit loud on the M/way and gets tiring on the ears. Looking for something that has a nice rumble at tickover, a bit meaty when plodding and as bit meatier when giving it some. Do I want too much? Perhaps, I am quite greedy :-P

To be honest it can be a little relentless on the motorway.. about 70 is bearable, but if you notch that up to 80 then it starts to get annoying.. you just gotta crank the music up and get on with it. I think having various mods to the exhaust and intake system doesn't help matters though - I guess it all contributes to the drone.

But then I am not a regular motorway driver so its not a big problem for me :)

That's probably where the Milltek comes in nicely. I have one on my Rado and motorway cruising is more than pleasant at any speed. OK, my G60 does not have any mods, but I know from the Powerflow on my Storm Rocco that the exhaust alone can make a huge difference in the noise department.

Tempest

nice g60 you have there mate, very good power aswell, i bet the ic helps alot that's what i need to get. what sort of boost is your gauge showing ? :)

Only seems to be showing about 10PSI for some reason. This is from about 3000RPM on full bore - haven't been able to look at the boost gauge and keep my eye on the road, whilst taking it to the redline to get a proper look at the PSI.

Doesnt feel like its short on power or anything though.

That seem's pretty good, your probaly making at least 15psi at the red line , my is about 14.5- 15psi or 1 bar just wondering what sort of power mine would be, need to take it to a rolling road and find out. :roll:

I think I can say I am still in the 'honeymoon' period with my car, so a few more pictures here and there is acceptable. Ahem :)

I still really really like how the Corrado looks from the front :)

they loook soooo much better imho on the e30 bbs fill those arch's very well indeed. looking good jim!

As this is kinda a place to make notes about the car and stuff, and as I just posted them in Tempests thread, here are the compression test results for my car :

#1 : 11.1 bar

#2 : 12.0 bar

#3 : 11.5 bar

#4 : 11.5 bar

And finally, after a 2 and a half hour wait at the tyre centre this morning (not exactly fast there) my Comp2's are on :)

I know they won't be to everyones taste but.. its all about what YOU like I spose, and I think these wheels suit the Rado perfectly.

Cheers.

Thats why there is a huuuuge gap between wheel and curb there.. taking it extra carefully :)

Nice wheels but where did you get those strange looking wiper arms from??

Er standard Corrado ones I thought?!

Shilakadaddy - cheers! To be honest its just quite photogenic - i'm anyone who's seen it would tell you there are a few bits that need taking care of (little rust on drivers door, some panel gaps from a previous repair job, small touch ups needed, etc) but with a bit of time they will be all correctable and are nothing unfixable :)

looks sweet matey.. :D

reckon you should lower it a little N fit some clear side repeaters n do something with them orange rear lamps... :roll:

Not sure what to do next mate to be honest... its all money isn't it.

Need to sort out my speakers at the minute now that my basslink has died a death and one of my 6x9's has also packed up.

I no what you mean m8..

I don't have any sounds in myn, not to fussed to be honest at mo...

I love playing 'spot the photographer' in photos of shiney cars.. hehe.

Looks nice m8! :)