Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

advice please

I'm going to view this car tomorrow and the guy told me that it has a split water pipe and that if I fix it I can have it cheaper. Now what can I offer him if it turns out to be a good car.

link to ad

Is the car based in Stroud?

if so i saw a green VR6 parked up near the Peugeot garage a few weeks back and had a little look around and noticed a pool of water/coolant underneith it. My suspicion on a VR is top radiator hose of crack pipe both of which can be quite expensive plus you dont know how long he has been driving it with low coolant or pure water mix.

Is the car based in Stroud?

if so i saw a green VR6 parked up near the Peugeot garage a few weeks back and had a little look around and noticed a pool of water/coolant underneith it. My suspicion on a VR is top radiator hose of crack pipe both of which can be quite expensive plus you dont know how long he has been driving it with low coolant or pure water mix.

According to a text I had off Jake the car is in Stonehouse.

Ian.

there are plenty of great examples for sale on this very site

that advert is crap

very vaigue#

you take your chance if you dont know what to look for ask someone local with knowledge to go with you :D

there are plenty of great examples for sale on this very site

that advert is crap

very vaigue#

Exactly. I certainly wouldn't give anyone the time of day who can't be f'cked to type up a proper advert. They deserve the pittance they will inevitably get for it.

As its reasonable close to me I'm only going to have a look and see if its worth a punt.

He said on the phone its the 3 way pipe at the top.

have a look if in doubt walk away

there are plenty of good examples for sale

ask lots of questions

I will be dont worry, will hopefully be taking Ian or Andy with me tomorrow.

Had another chat with him and its looking more and more like a no as he said it is preaty much standard but some how has 275bhp :scratch:

And said something about doing a swap with mine but ould want money my way tbh

i wouldnt buy it, it hasnt even got mats :lol:

might be worth a look but even with that mileage, sounds like its going to need all the usual stuff doing to me

275bhp :cuckoo:

my advice is run away! sounds like a bullsh*t artist to me trying to pass off a broken car as a modded monster.

but the karmann interior is an added 20 bhp...

my advice is run away! sounds like a bullsh*t artist to me trying to pass off a broken car as a modded monster.

but the karmann interior is an added 20 bhp...

I think he said something about it being a monster :lol:

Just go and have a look and maybe warn people off if need be :D

As above really Jake. He's either a idiot who thinks people will come and see a car and give him £2K for such a pathetic advert (I could write a better one in 30 seconds ffs) or he's got plenty to hide - which no doubt you'll unearth. Would want a good look at the service history which he's decent enough to describe as "some". Write down the date and mileage on a piece of paper and see it makes any kind of sense. Right now my money is on it being a lemon.

Any water pipe is not 'expensive' to fix on a VR. The crack pipe is the hardest, but not exactly expensive. However the advert stinks of , "I can't be bothered". I wouldn't bother with it personally. If he can't be bothered with a proper advert, what are the chances he could be bothered about the car. Where does it say in the ad that a water pipe had gone? T0sser!

Not going to see this car now. Got a txt at 6.20 this morning telling me its been sold. Just as well I start work at 6.

I think he realised I know more about corrados than him after telling him I own one.

No loss there