Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Metal Fabrication

It is indeed Andrew, can you help?

Dave i'll send you the drawing i have. Its nothing special its only an upside down L with a few brackets on it to allow me to fasten it to the cabinet to keep it in place.

I was going to suggest using some heavy duty shelf brackets!

When I had my Jewel trigon 350 which is basically the same tank as yours i removed the centre upright support and screwed lengths of 2x2 timber underneath the base, I had it for several years with no problems! If you wanted a bit more reasurance you could always do the same but with angle iron or box section steel!!!

Ahhh not a bad idea actually, i'll will look into this. But then it it doesnt cost too much to get a metal frame made up, i may still do that.

Cheers Andrew

PM me the drawing, ill take a look. If its a simple bracket made from angle or box section then i may be able to help you out.

Dave, any news mate?

Sorry mate, I did take a brief look. It is angle iron or box section, I couldn't quite make the drawing out?

Well i received the bracket today Dave (Dave16v) thankfully made for me, he's done a fantastic job with it, it fits like a glove inside the aquarium cabinet. Its very well made too! Plus he was kind enough to powder coat it for me, which wasnt necessary as it wont be seen, but it does finish off the metal work nicely.

Thanks again Dave! Top bloke!

:lol: ooh nice, makes me want another fish tank :clap: well done dave. :salute:

:lol: i thought that would get your pulse racing Kip. What did you keep fish wise? Ive had tropical fish for the last 5 years or so. But since getting another tank ive decided to set up a marine tank instead.

Dave, got the bracket all fitted tonight, fits a treat, i'm really happy with it :-D