KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Well sorry for begging your sympathies but some silly old woman has just written off my Nugget and i dont know where else or who else to talk to, Jude is in bristol working so home alone too :(

Was just sat at the roundabout watching for the cars to move past then bang! Freelander up the rear.

I know it sounds sad crying but i cant tell you how long i have wanted a nugget 16v god i really cant believe it i've never been in an accident so dont even know what to do...........

Edited by KIPVW

Oh Kip... I'm so sorry mate :( That is an absolute fracking nightmare :( And of all of the stereotypes who'd do it, a woman in a 4x4.

Is it definitely a write off? :(

I'm utterly gutted for you :(

Mate, gutted to read this.... You sure its a write off?

Little comfort but so long as you are ok, cars can be replaced (although i know itll be hard to find another)..

Cant really say much but better to have loved and lost than not loved at all. Easy for me to say but at the end of the day its just a lump of metal, as long as you are fine thats all that matters.

sorry Kip... you must be gutted. but at the end of the day, its the car and not you thats hurt (by the sound of it) which is important. and you cant help for silly old women (or men) in the world. there'll be another if you just cant live without it..

Awful news ;-) Bad luck mate. As others have said, you're ok, it could be worse. Not much consolation I'm sure.

Will upload some pics and see what you guys think, i know its only a car but wish it was the daily. i'm ok but back and neck is hurting a bit, feels like its tightening up if that makes any sense? as i said i've never been involved in a bump so not sure what to expect. Sigh!

Oh Kip, what a sh*tter. What a dappy tart. So so sorry to hear about this and I know how you feel dude, had the same happen to my first C. There's not much that can be done, but try to distract yourself so you're not thinking about it. (do you play consoles?)

You've got 24 hours to ring your insurance and try to hold out for the full money because they will most likely try to pull a fast one.

You can take solace in the fact you own 2 other gorgeous Corrados and another nugget will come along soon.

I'm gutted for you, I made a very unhappy noise when I read it. :(

try not to get too disheartened kip, most important thing as already mentioned is that your ok... fingers crossed the nugget is saveable as its a lovely car..

all the best chap..

Its the rear wing thats making me feel sick, i think the rear panel may be replacable but cant get in the boot to look at the floor to see how bent that is.

Oh Damn shit twat.

Hi Paul,

What can I say except I'm gutted for you mate. I remember how tormented you became when we up in Scotland during the summer and Yandards joined us for a couple of days with his nugget. Before we'd even finished the trip you'd been checking the web to find one, and how quickly afterwards you found the one which has now been trashed. You've only had the car a couple of months :(

What an utter shame, although I'm pleased to hear that you weren't hurt in the incident.

Make sure you sell Yan the good leftover yellow bits. Try and keep your chin up mate, it could have been the VR6...

John

Glad you're ok mate though and remember you have a few more and at least it wasn't the VR.

Unfortunatly that's about twice as bad as mine was - must have been a really heavy shunt too!

Mine was a rear panel, number plate panel, bumper and badges and that came to £2200.

Yours needs a rear quarter and boot floor straightening too - £3500 / 4000 worth there I'd say... is it on an agreed value at all?

Glad you're ok mate though and remember you have a few more and at least it wasn't the VR.

Unfortunatly that's about twice as bad as mine was - must have been a really heavy shunt too!

Mine was a rear panel, number plate panel, bumper and badges and that came to £2200.

Yours needs a rear quarter and boot floor straightening too - £3500 / 4000 worth there I'd say... is it on an agreed value at all?

It is on agreed value mate as it cost me a lot so i didn't want to risk it, guess we will see how good my insurance company is now :(

Ok, is it 5,000 agreed? (This is what mine was)

Unbelievably the Bumper, Boot and rear lights all look ok from here and the rear quarter could be fixed without replacement - you'd deffo need the rear apron though but these are only £380...

It's a lot of damage but I reckon £3k and a (very) good body shop - proper panel craft place could sort it to a high standard

Gutting when so much love and hard work is destroyed in seconds by an idiot.

Saying that it is only a car at the end of the day, so glad that the crash wasnt more serious and you are ok.

Let us know how you get on with the guaranteed value, always wondered if they would pay up no questions asked!

oh effin sh1t! - how the hell do you miss a yellow car FFS!

that's terrible news, but anything can be sorted, I had a mk1 with a bent round inner wing (I drove it up a kerb and into a brick wall - don't ask) was labelled as doomed by almost everyone but it was jigged perfectly straight, you just need the right place to do it, no reason it can't be put back perfectly right.

take care of your neck, it might be a while before things tighten up and you feel the effects