KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Shit mate that's crap sorry to see and know the feeling I stood looking at mine for half an hour when a crazy drunk woman drove into it :( :( bad times !

But least you went hurt mate !

Hey sorry to hear what has happened, i know how bad i felt when some drunk driver (who was only 17 and didnt actually have a license) stole his mums volvo, went for a joy ride, lost control and wrote of my first car (renault 19). Luckily i wasn't in it, he hit my car so hard that it was pushed up the curb and bent the street lamp! He then continued going and took the civic out behind mine! Woke up to a police note on my car saying it was involved in an accident and not much of it remaining, i was devastated. I can't imagine how you're feeling but I bet its on par with that.

Good luck getting it sorted, unfortunately i couldn't claim as he wasn't insured...clearly...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfHPIM0715.jpg[/attachment:29rcbz5f]

HPIM0721.jpg[/attachment:29rcbz5f]

For reference my 19 was inline with the civic before the volvo hit me...

I know its not the same but I thought it might make you feel better

Gutted for you Paul :(

How can some one not see a YELLOW car :confused4: :bad-words: Idiot :censored:

But at least your resonably all right, hope you can get it all sorted mate

Shitter mate :( feel really bad for you as seen as you got this car all youve done is talk about it! hope you get it sorted to the standards you want but as everyone has said at least your still here and ok-ish!

when i had my accident the woman who decided the front end of my car was pretty wasnt insured so i had to claim off the MIB which we all pay into through our insurances. i got next to shit all for the car and pretty much buggar all for injuries! :(

OK. Kips birthday party tonight and the cake has arrived.

Another reason I was extra gutted on Wednesday.

Nice to see you guys last night, still got his sense of humour against all odds, and a brilliant cake :notworthy:

Don't worry, If you take a bite out of the back of the cake it's look just like the nugget again :tongue:

And it was another slightly older woman that damaged the cake too! Cough!!! Wendy!

And it was another slightly older woman that damaged the cake too! Cough!!! Wendy!

:lol: Asking for trouble, though, Kip :lol:

Was great to see everyone last night :clap:

Good luck with the rest of the claim.

Tempest

Paul, just seen this I feel for you mate, i been there is the nuggut a write off??? as long as your ok that the most important thing, and i cried when t happened to me.

Happy Birthday mate btw

chris

loving that cake!!!!

wheres my piece :wink:

Pop over and you can have a piece. I ordered a BIG cake cause we had 80 / 90 people expected then thought it looked too good to stick candles in and cut up. It wasn't until there were only those staying over / die hards left standing that we cut it.

The 40 candles had to go in another cake.

ETKA Corrado.pdf5 (2).jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]

Though the CCGB chairman found the partying a little too hard going at his age and had a lie down (though give him his due he's been a bit stressed/busy these last few days) . But sleeping was risky business seeing as the die hards were the same crowd as the National Day camping escapade of Chris M (VAG-hag) asleep and the make up.

Chris called for a game of Buckaroo which was great fun :)

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf28.jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]Corrado92.pdf29.jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf31.jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf35.jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf36.jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]40.jpg[/attachment:15sybiv8]

:lol: I'll get you! Each and every one of you! :lol: a fantastic evening though and despite the what happened on wednesday i managed to fully appreciate the party and thoroughly enjoyed it. thanks for making it so special you lot. You know who you are :wave:

Noooo :( Paul so sorry to hear this! :shock:

Assume you had it insured for an agreed value? If not, use your whiplash injuries to pay for the repair :)

Noooo :( Paul so sorry to hear this! :shock:

Assume you had it insured for an agreed value? If not, use your whiplash injuries to pay for the repair :)

Hi Neil, yes have agreed value mate. Got the assessor coming out on wednesday to look at it so got my fingers crossed. :?

Some more pics of the cake. It really was a very good Corrado.

I lent the baker my Revel model and printed a photo of the nugget to get the right colour so the cake is actualy a VR6 - bonnet hump not dip, speedline wheels etc. The attention to detail is superb. VW badge on the front, lines of the wheel arch, it even had an orange side repeater. No roof strips or side bump strips but I don't think they were very noticable on the model as it is a dark colour.

I lent the baker my Revel model and printed a photo of the nugget to get the right colour so the cake is actualy a VR6 - bonnet hump not dip, speedline wheels etc. The attention to detail is superb. VW badge on the front, lines of the wheel arch, it even had an orange side repeater. No roof strips or side bump strips but I don't think they were very noticable on the model as it is a dark colour.

Anorak alert !!! :clap:

So glad you had the opportunity to have your spirits lifted after a tough week.

By the way, you did look rather "three sheets to the wind" in the first picture....

But that's a good thing :D

Sad to say it but if the nugget doesn't get written off you will have trouble matching the paint. Yellow fades so badly. I was looking for a Toucan Yellow A3 but I gave up after I looked at four and it was obvious they had all had paint. Some were better matches than others but even one in an Audi dealer had a slightly different coloured wing.

Good luck with the negotiations.

Andy

Sad to say it but if the nugget doesn't get written off you will have trouble matching the paint. Yellow fades so badly. I was looking for a Toucan Yellow A3 but I gave up after I looked at four and it was obvious they had all had paint. Some were better matches than others but even one in an Audi dealer had a slightly different coloured wing.

Andy

After many years being around Corrados I think I can safely say that I've never come across a nugget car where the vivid, retina burning yellow has ever faded.

Unfortunately. :D

Andy

After many years being around Corrados I think I can safely say that I've never come across a nugget car where the vivid, retina burning yellow has ever faded.

Unfortunately. :D

It does seem to suffer the same UV / pigmentation problems that you see in tornado red but this one was one of the very best I've seen - no paint issues, low miles and garaged so no fade at all too the paint and the dash plastics looked like new.. :-(