KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Got the assessor/engineer coming tomorrow so not really sure what to say so if anyone has any little tips that'd be most helpfull. :?

Are you going to insist it's repaired?

Can i do that Chris? i want it fixing yes but can i insist that? :shrug:

Are you going to insist it's repaired?

Can i do that Chris? i want it fixing yes but can i insist that? :shrug:

the boot floor is perfect so mainly outer wing and rear panel, even the inner section of the wing looks ok and the area under the bumper too so feel it definately needs to be saved/repaired rather than writing off and then buy it back......

no you cant insist it sadly.

all he will do is have a good poke round make a note of the work required, if its repairable he will tell you, possibly will tell you on the spot if its beyond econimcal repair. if not you wait for a phone call and then go from there.

you need to be making sure he pays attention to the overall condition of the car as this affects the pay out and therefore how likely it will be classed as beyond economical repair.

good luck.

gonna pop to my local dealers in the morning too for a quote just out of curiosity.

Paul, I think you'll be ok on £4k but I would try and take it to at least 2-3 body shops first if it's drivable and get some quotes - I think if you also explain the price of parts and the rear wing they may suggest what I said before which is to replace the rear panel which is fairy straight forward and designed to be repaired where the wing is more tricky and may be a better repair if it's panel beaten / re-aligned which is probably around the same labour cost as replacement. Good luck!!

Paul, I think you'll be ok on £4k but I would try and take it to at least 2-3 body shops first if it's drivable and get some quotes - I think if you also explain the price of parts and the rear wing they may suggest what I said before which is to replace the rear panel which is fairy straight forward and designed to be repaired where the wing is more tricky and may be a better repair if it's panel beaten / re-aligned which is probably around the same labour cost as replacement. Good luck!!

Thanks for that info Steve, a very knowledgable friend also suggested it would be better to panel beat the rear wing and replace the rear panel.

see what the main dealers say in the morning first then i'll do some more searching and gather a few quotes in the engineer is in my favour so fingers crossed.

Thanks for that info Steve, a very knowledgable friend also suggested it would be better to panel beat the rear wing and replace the rear panel.

see what the main dealers say in the morning first then i'll do some more searching and gather a few quotes in the engineer is in my favour so fingers crossed.

Rear quarter is £600 +VAT..I know I've had to get one once and thats if they're are any left! Rear Panel will be 200-300 +Vat, Bumper and bumper Iron about the same if they're damaged too!

I think you're looking at £2K -£2.5K to put it back on the road, Which I hope will be deemed not beyond economical repair!

Fingers Corssed mate!

If the worse happens, buy it back and get it fixed using good 2nd hand parts and a good paint shop as nugget yellow is the worse colour ever to colour match!!!

Good Luck :salute:

Got the assessor/engineer coming tomorrow so not really sure what to say so if anyone has any little tips that'd be most helpfull. :?

Get the kettle on as soon as he arrives and leave them to it.

I'm sure that they'll gauge that your a collector/enthusisat by the collection of hardware dotted about, so there's no need to sell them a story.

With any luck, if the repair/write off conversation needs to be had, he\she will bring it to the table.

All the very best, James

Parts prices as of 2 months ago - trade prices so will be less than bodyshops quote as standard practice seems to be to base the quotes on RRP - another way of making a bit of extra cash it seems.

Rear apron £380 + vat

Rear Quarter £700 + vat (RHS slightly more because of fuel filler)

Rear Bumper £420 + vat (early obselete so late one has to be used as alternative)

Corrado script in primer £12+vat, rear VW roundel obselete but MK2 part is £10 + vat

Number plate panel £45 + vat

Yeah, go with the coffee and chocolate biscuits first.

Then try bribing him !! :lol: :lol:

After that Hit him hard if the result is not as you want !!!!! :lol: :lol:

Forever helpful me - heh ?? :lol: :lol:

just dont except what they offer, try and find mint examples of corrados for sale to prove its value, haggle basically and you will get a better price

fingers crossed but it doesnt look good i dont think :(

:( :( :( , just seen this sorry to read about this. Keep the faith and it will all go right. Good luck with the assessor, would be ashamed to see this die

Least of the worries I think mate! Could just pick up a good second hand one of those.

Na! got 2 new ones in my garage :roll: :lol:

Main dealer quote was astonomical beyond extreme :shock:

always is, they wanted £1750 to spray two wings a bonnet and a couple of patches on the roof from me :(

Go on... I'm sitting down...