volksworld13

volksworld13 lemons transplant begins christmas eve!!

[strike:e5m5xn04]ive made a tough choice to let my nugget 16v with leather up for sale.it kills me to let this go.but a car has come up at work, which would be silly not to buy.

i may have a friend that is interested, but just trying to guage interest, the car is complete, i have a new engine to go in it, which i have spent a small fortune rebuilding, read this thread to see what has been done.i want this car to stay amongst the corrado community and get put back on the road, where she should be, with some work, this would make a lovely example.

included in the sale, nugget valver with leather 130k no tax no mot

spare engine ready to be installed 107k , new headgaket , head skimmed, cam chain also looks new, cam cover gasket water pump, cambelt,tensioner, new rear main seal.all gaskets and seals paid 300 quid on parts alone, rebuilding the engine.[/strike:e5m5xn04]

[strike:e5m5xn04]this would be bought as a project there is a couple of bits of rust that need treating, at the rear arched and battery tray, i have a spare battery tray and will be included, and also a great rad support ready for powder coating,which will be included viewing recommended[/strike:e5m5xn04]

[strike:e5m5xn04]please contact through the thread,and i will get back to you if your serious

the car does not drive due to big end faliure. will need low loadering or towing[/strike:e5m5xn04]

[strike:e5m5xn04]im after £1200 quid , i only want what i paid for it back. so im not making anything. it makes me sad , but the car has to go.[/strike:e5m5xn04]

[strike:e5m5xn04]ps mods do i move to the for sale thread, ?[/strike:e5m5xn04]

change of plan shes staying in the family, dads the new owner and will install the engine with my help.

nugget yellow 1.8 16v 120k on the clock, in need of some TLC

as some of you were aware i picked up a 1990 1.816v nugget about a month or so ago, non runner, traced the fault to big end bearings gon, swarf city in the engine oil. so decided to pick up another engine, i ideally didnt want to do this, as i wanted it as much orginal as possible, found an engine with 108k on the clock, just had a new cambelt and headgasket.

since ive had it, aftermarket alarm and immobiliser came straight out of it, replaced 2 switch blanks as they had been drilled, new gear knob, new leather handbrake handle and sleeve, new passenger wing , bought from a breaker, still has the pink back order sticker on the back, so must of been replaced before it went obsolete, in the same colour,also got a new slam panel, as this was quite rusty.still not fitted this yet.

the car has done 120k and has been sat for 4 years, needs some welding doing around the bottom of arches , and a small patch in the battery tray, other than that body work is sound, will need new brakes and pipes all round, nice project to chuck money at , as im aware these are quite hard to find in nugget yellow.

some pics ,to follow and will keep updating wen i get some time.

interior is in great shape, the leather is good, and hardly any wear on the drivers seat back, and bolster.

brand new genuine early gearknob and leather hand brake handle,$$$£££

yes , im not going to be modifying this at all.oem all the way, i would like to eventually replace the exhaust with a standard one if vw still make them,and sell the stainless one.

Just be very careful when you do get it on the road.

Yellow is difficult to see and someone might not stop in time!!!

Though seriously, nice job coming along. It's good to know that another one will be kept standard.

i will bare that in mind jud.! :shock: :shock:

too many nuggets get spoiled with too many mods, god i must be getting old!! :camp: :camp:

Nice to see this in safe hands Alex :salute:

I saw this when it was advertised without any replies to the thread, wish I had the spare money for it at the time :pale: You did good mate getting it.

I'll keep an eye out for your progress, good to see its going to be standard.

yeah as soon as i saw it advertised, i rung the chap up, and told him consider it sold, without even looking at it, i new i just had to buy it, the leather was one of the deal breakers, and the colour.!

YAY another NUGGET :-)

Looks great and very original - and not pale yellow which is definately a bonus!

dave

rust free slam panel ready for fitment , 108k motor arriving in 48hrs , will be cleaned parts renewed and fitted, could be running earlier than antisipated!! :D :DCIMG0437.JPG[/attachment:15z1ixqj]

today the 108k powerplant arrived, this will be the heart and lungs of the lemon, she will breath again!! :D :luvlove:CIMG0463.JPG[/attachment:1rpky7ix]

of course you will see it, i hope to take it to bristol volks fest next yr, but it should be running well before then, just wanna iron out all the creases when its on the road, and find what niggling problems i will have running wise.!

need to order some parts to list

new clutch

new cam cover gasket

new cambelt and tensioner

oil filter and plugs.

water pump

im just gunna replace what parts need general maintenance and replacment, just to be sure in my mind , it wont let me down .clean it all up, i think i will have it all up and running b4 christmas , fingers crossed, money and time permiting.

It's waaayyyyy to early to be planning this but... wouldn't it be great to get a few Nuggets together at Bristol VF

Fingers crossed all goes well for your plans and Kips repair

yeah thats the wing i replaced, as the old one was rotten, and it had fresh paint when i bought it, the car has been stood for four years, ive tryed a bit of t-cut and it comes up really well,the door and all will be machined polished to bring the shine up ,and then waxed to seal it, the colour should blend in fine. i see you got an keen eye for paint!! :lol: :grin: