Sign in to follow this  
Storm

Bumpers

If I fit VR6 bumpers front and rear to my G60, will they stick Out?, has onyone done this? Any pic appreciated.

Cheers.

if your G60 has a ___----___ shaped bonnet, then it already should have the same bumpers as a VR6.

If your G60 has a ----___---- shaped bonnet, then VR6 bumpers will still fit, but you'll need the VR6 fogs and indicators unless you want to modify it to get the earlier ones to fit... 8)

All 'rado bumpers are the same width, it's just a trim line and the mounts for the indicators/fogs that changed.... 8)

sorry, bit of a newbie question i know, but whats with the ___----___ and ----___----? I get that its obviously something to with the shape, but in reality, what is the difference? :oops:

It's the profile of the bonnet ....

the first one has a hump in the bonnet and the second one has a recessed centre bit.

I'll try and find some pics.

Edit - pic attached of late bonnet - on the early bonnet, the red circled bit is recessed rather than raisd.

The bumpers won't show it up much... It's the wings / bonnet gap that'd show it up if you swapped one, but not the other... :|

If you have the earlier bumpers, you've got the earlier fogs/indicators at the front which won't fit without modification into the later bumpers... IIRC (I've never done it myself!) It's not a difficult mod to do though...

the bumpers wont stick out at all its the arches that are 5mm wider the the early cars only differance is the fogs/indicators and the swage line in hte bumpers is very slightly differn't on the later bumpers...

I wish I would of patiented the ---___---, ___---___ description :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

It's one of the best and most useful ASCII descriptions I've ever come across! 8)

I'll start crediting you for your "art" if you like... :wink: :lol: