VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

I won the world championship in professional with the Buick special well pleased nice veyron as the prize :D

Well done bro!

Im annoyed as i cant play gt5 for 11 days due to my China trip...grrrr!!!!!! :mad2:

I won the world championship in professional with the Buick special well pleased nice veyron as the prize :D

Well done bro!

Im annoyed as i cant play gt5 for 11 days due to my China trip...grrrr!!!!!! :mad2:[/quote:1b9dvlo8]

I won it with my F430 and got gold in all bar one when the Mclaren F1 race spec fishtailed me on the last straight :censored:

Well done, that is tricky, only had a go at it after quite a bit too much to drink, managed bronze though. I now know what my next challenge is :D

Well done, that is tricky, only had a go at it after quite a bit too much to drink, managed bronze though. I now know what my next challenge is :D

Yeah i knackered up on the last corner of the first race came 3rd, nurbergring 5th (that was such a tough race with that car) then the last 3 races all 1st's so overall 1st

I put medium race tyres on it but it still spun up the inside wheel cornering maybe time for a LSD :D

try my track gaz and I'll give you a gift lol

Ok, how do i try your track?

I've only been on the track editor once and it was very basic, still fun. But was hoping there would be more to it.

yea i was hoping you would be able to actually draw out your own track rather than just make lumpy pre made tracks

download it from the community bit. click me and the the track near the bottom left

yea i was hoping you would be able to actually draw out your own track rather than just make lumpy pre made tracks

Yeah be able to make a track from scratch or at least put the sections of track together yourself instead of just upping or lowering complexity hmm....

Ryan, i'll give it a crack next time im on mate and save the replay :D

I've never owned a console because I've never liked anything other than driving games and it never seemed worth it just for them, but i just watched the epic advert in the 5th Gear break on channel 5 and i now reallllly want a PS3 and GT5... :shocked!:

I played this today for a good 4 hours and wasn't that impressed tbh, felt like good old gt4 but better looking and not as much fun?

I think I was dissapointed by the lack of premium cars as standard ones don't look that great... Either way does anyone who owns both GT5 and Forza 3 have time to knock up a quick comparison?

I played this today for a good 4 hours and wasn't that impressed tbh, felt like good old gt4 but better looking and not as much fun?

I think I was dissapointed by the lack of premium cars as standard ones don't look that great... Either way does anyone who owns both GT5 and Forza 3 have time to knock up a quick comparison?

I'm not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Forza to be honest! I'd struggle to write a back to back comparison.. but in a nutshell I don't like how the cars drive in GT5, the sound effects are worse, and the graphics only seem better in photo mode.

It's still an enjoyable game but too complex, pointlessly detailed in some areas whilst missing in others, etc. Forza was a good game, easy to get into, had LOADS of scope for tunability and customisation. All that stuff is in GT5 but under layers of pointless veneer. It feels like Polyphony just locked themselves in a room and got very carried away with certain things whilst completely ignoring what the competition were doing!

I'm not enjoying it as much as I enjoyed Forza to be honest! I'd struggle to write a back to back comparison.. but in a nutshell I don't like how the cars drive in GT5, the sound effects are worse, and the graphics only seem better in photo mode.

It's still an enjoyable game but too complex, pointlessly detailed in some areas whilst missing in others, etc. Forza was a good game, easy to get into, had LOADS of scope for tunability and customisation. All that stuff is in GT5 but under layers of pointless veneer. It feels like Polyphony just locked themselves in a room and got very carried away with certain things whilst completely ignoring what the competition were doing!

Thanks Jim thats pretty much how i feel after playing both games for a while...

Got an Xbox 360 and Forza 3 coming tommorow lol. Saved myself a packet too compared to buying a ps3 lol.

I still can't believe you can't do a brake upgrade in GT5 lol.

i think gt5 is better/more realistic in the way that the cars behave and the tracks are put together but i got to say it feels like its been rushed in parts!

ie, the career mode seems a bit short compared to forza, the online is turd compared to forza, there are no car classes so you are never racing cars similar, you cant customise your cars, no online leaderboard, its hard to tune the car because there is no specific tunin mode.

sayin that its still a crackin game with some intereting cars like my 1988 brown volvo 240 estate i just bought :nuts:

plus forza has the corrado and gt5 dont :(

for a game thats taken 6 years its hardly awesome! i kno ive had a winge already but since when arent brakes a common upgrade!!!

Having played both back to back for a while I can say that Forza 3 gets my vote.

I'm sad to say I bought my PS3 specifically for GT5 and I fear it may now find its way onto eBay.

I reckon there wil be a GT6 in a year or two or a tonne of online upgrades.

Look at when GT3 came out on PS2, it was hardly legendary, looked good but had naff all to it, then GT4 came out a while later and that game was long enough to see you through the rest of your PS2 ownership lol.

Same with the original GT tbh, was great but basic compared to GT2. In all fair honesty, all the GT's when released have been ahead of their times but this time unfortunately Forza has taken a sh*t and left a stain where you'd normally park your new copy of GT.

I'll wait for the next GT release on PS3 then buy both, should be cheap by then too and bug free.

Hope you're right Abdul!

Its good and im enjoying it, but cant see whats taken 6 years to make. Plus there's not enough cars. Just mainly variations on Jap cars.

Hope you're right Abdul!

Its good and im enjoying it, but cant see whats taken 6 years to make. Plus there's not enough cars. Just mainly variations on Jap cars.

I think thats why i like forza, you get a bit of everything. I can't believe they have 40 different skylines and no corrado! The tuning is somewhat of a joke aswell.

Well, we can always hope, i mean GT3 was crap and GT4, well i only packed it away a couple of days ago :luvlove: