Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Parcel2go - AVOID!

Ok, so i know a few people on here have used/do use Parcel2go to send parts etc and have probably found them alright. But to be honest i cannot share those sentiments.

Kempy bought a set of wheels off me via the forum, after a load of hassle to get them delivered. DHL have gone and lost the wheels.

After phone call, after phone call, i was ensured by P2G that DHL were investigating where they were and will be in touch. A week later i did hear anything. I was then advised by P2G to make a claim and was emailed a form. I filled the form, sent them the original collection invoice and proof of value.

I later received an email stating the collection invoice was showing as 'failed collection', i responded stating that was impossible as thats the original collection invoice for when the wheels were picked up. It was dated the 8/11/10 same as the email i received confirming collection. 2 weeks later i have had no response to this email. Today i received another email stating as they had not received what they requested they are closing the claim down... WTF... thats the correct invoice, what more do they want me to do.

RInging them is pointless as you can guarantee you'll be on hold a good 10 mins at least and then the phone could ring as if someone is going to pick it up, but then im put back on hold. Live help is useless as they wont deal with claims and state to either ring or email "claims", which i have numerous times and had no response ever! :mad:

I just feel fobbed off by them and feel i'll never get any money from them, nor see those wheels again. :mad2:

I've searched the net and found review sites regarding P2G and there's lists of unhappy customers. Ive managed to find a few names to email on the who work for P2G to see if this can be taken further, im yet to get a response.

What else can i do? Trading standards, is it worth taking it to small claims?

I only sold the wheels for £65 posted and the postage was £30, but its the principle of the matter. Im going to return the money back to Kempy as he has been very patient with me, but im also missing a set of wheels. So i lose either way.

Not happy to be honest.

Any advice welcome, even better if someone out there works for P2G,or knows someone who does - doubtful but its worth a shot.

Please be cautious when using this company guys. I dont blame P2G for losing the wheels, but they havent done all they can to resolve the situation and from reading the review sites i am NOT alone.

Cheers

Gaz

Trading standards, definitely. That smells of very, very crooked business to me!

I emailed Trading Standards yesterday asking if they were able to help with such companies, again havent had a response yet.

I thought they were a good delivery company. I used to use Interparcel (with no problems i might add), until i found people on here used P2G so thought id give them a go.

Fingers crossed trading standards can help.

This has been going on for over 8 weeks. Granted there was the christmas period, but still.

I dont blame P2G for losing the wheels, but they havent done all they can to resolve the situation and from reading the review sites i am NOT alone.

To be honest, these companies run on the basis of everything going smoothly. The reason they're cheap is that they dont maintain much of a customer service function and when they're called upon they probably dont work very satisfactorily. Theoretically if you'd paid the DHL retail price then you'd be getting better service now, but as you didnt these are unfortunately just the potential drawbacks. I had a very similar issue with ParcelMonkey with something getting misdelivered and it took weeks to sort out but it did happen in the end.

Frankly, for the sake of £95 quid I would be spending that 10/20/30 mins on the phone and waiting to get through to someone. I dont think its a crooked business, its just a bare-bones operation and I cant imagine that its possible you'll get a more positive outcome from trading standards given the time that would take - someone just needs a bit of a kick to work on your problem which is all that a letter from trading standards would do (slowly).

Yeah i appreciate what youre saying. In the past i usually went directly to the couriers but as it was cheaper through such companies i used them instead. Interparcel has always been fine.

Sorry the £65 included the postage of 30.

Ive got through before on the phone though and just been fed a load of speil about DHL are investigating the matter and are awaiting them to update them. Ive rang DHL to ask whats going on and they just told me they've updated P2G and i should contact them. But then P2G said DHL havent sent them anything. THen i just went in circles.

heh... strange.

Got another email 2 days ago stating that becuase they hadnt received the manifest they requested (the same one they already had), they were closing the claim down. Well i responded with some strong words, along with a explanation as to why that is the correct manifest. Anyway, i think things are starting to progress... im now getting regular communication and a list of times the wheels were scanned. The last being the 7/1/11... so maybe they've actually found my wheels. P2G are still awaiting response from DHL.

Fingers crossed.

I've used parcels2go several times with no issues, so I had no need to lean on their customer support. They do state on their website that they're a small outfit that pass on their bulk buying prices to the consumer, and no doubt there's parcels going missing all the time that's just how it is out there, and maybe your case slipped through an (automated) gap that's now being rectified. Again, these things happen. I never got the impression from people like P2G that they're in it to scam your money (well that would be a short-lived business model, right?), so give them time and I'm sure they'll do what's necessary.

And if you're a big man when they DO sort it out you'll write a glowing reference on this here thread and change the title to give them fair dues! :)

we use P2G quite a lot and on occasions there have been issues,worst being a handler in a bad mood with no respect wrecking a set of wheels but customers complain about carriage costs otherwise so its a no win situation.

They can be slow to respond to any problems though and I think its at basis in the hope that due to the value of some items some people will just give up

I sold a set of rotas several years ago and sent them via parcel2go. They never arrived and i spent a month tracking them down to a warehouse where they had somehow been forgotten about!! Arseholes!

P2G are just an agent. If a shipper loses your stuff, it's the shipper's fault, though it's up to P2G to chase the parcel on your behalf.

This is is, i havent ever blames P2G for losing them, like Matt says, they're just a broker, not a courier. Also the condition the packaging was in one of the times they came back. The wheels had been trodden on and ripped the card.

My displeasure is with them getting it sorted. THey were posted at the beginning of Nov and i made the claim towards the end of Nov. They just dont seem to care about getting them found and sorting this mess out. They dont ring you back when they say they will either.

Wish i'd have stuck with Interparcel, sent various sets of wheels with them and other packages, not had one single problem with them. I would have used DHL via Interparcel also.

I guess you never know what level of service you'll get from these people until you need to chase up a problem. Sending stuff and things never going wrong doesn't test anything out..

It really is amazing just how unreliable couriers are though. I mean, how hard is it, really, to pick up an item at point a and drive it via your national network of agents to point b, without kicking it, standing on it, throwing it against a wall, or generally abusing it?

Call me communist if you like, but it's the kind of task that it strikes me should be provided by one national shipping agent, then every van on the street would be YOUR shipper, and there would be no duplication of effort (or duplication of journeys). I think I would call it the "Royal Mail". I wonder if it would catch on?

I've been using p2g for a few years now and never had a parcel go missing.. I've always had the item dispatched through home delivery network though, not dhl. Hdn are great, i pay for a service which will collect between 7&7 but then phone the local depot in the morning and they give an exact collection time. Once the driver dropped a parcel to me after work as I wasn't going to be in when his round came through my way!

I used parcel monkey to send wheels/tyres to the highlands and thier service was also good.

I posted 50 odd sets of cams out to people on here via Parcel 2 Go and had no issues. Regular updates, good tracking and happy customers at the other end :D

I normally swerve cheapy courier services but since they collected the parcels from my work, it was very convenient.

Thing is peeps, it's well known that some unscrupulous postal / courier staff 'take a liking' to certain packages and ooops, it goes missing :? Fancy that. They do the necessary paperwork and the items appear on ebay a week later.

Be vigilant. Do your best to disguise what it is you're posting and package it well. And for god's sake if it's a high value item, please, please use RM Special Delivery! Saving a few quid often costs you more in the long run if you skimp on the courier quality, but I wouldn't expect a major player like DHL to 'lose' a set of wheels for pity's sake. Some f'cker at DHL obviously pinched them.

I will totally agree, avoid P2G!!

I had to take these guys through the small claims court proceedure over a package that completely went missing, no record of it whatsoever! I won and got full recompence but its a hassle you dont need.

I certainly wouldnt ever use them again!

About a week after posting the wheels, i posted a 6 branch manifold to 8vmatt, but this time used HDN and the parcel got there on time and with out it going missing. So seems to be a flaw with DHL... which i have used before and had no issues.

P2G did email me saying they'd found the wheels and then i received an email a few days later which came across as they werent sure if the wheels had been found :lol:

Ryan - oh the irony! :lol:

Jimmie - thats good to know, because i will be taking it to claims court if necessary. Were you requested to turn up to court?

Jimmie - thats good to know, because i will be taking it to claims court if necessary. Were you requested to turn up to court?

Nope, I started proceedings and was fully expecting to have to attend court but they accepted liability. I assume this was because the court fees would have been more expensive than the compensation.

Good luck fella.

Ben

Well had another email to today, stating that "We are now in a postion to make a payment for the claim" - Good stuff. :D

But i'll believe it once i get the cheque in my hand!!!

Well well, P2G pleasantly suprise me, got the cheque in the post this morning. So happy that ive at least got my money back.

But i dont think i'll be using them again tbh. I'll stick with interparcel or go direct to the couriers.