jimpy66

Headlamp washers- who cares :-)

well- I want them... They're about as rare as Campaign models and there's not even a database of known ones :)

I would like to fit them but 1) getting them takes a bit of doing and 2) the optional ones are not v smart at all- look a little like a tacked on afterthought. SO- I've decided to take a bash at it. I'll take off bumper and investigate the possibilities. Either integrate 'pop-up' ones a la' TT's or use discreet low level ones. Anyone got thoughts? I need the large bottle (there's some around), the extra pump (does loom have wiring there for this?), tubing and choice of jet system.

On one hand I'm keen to keep the car OEM but on the other, the salty winter roads just love those flat headlamps and if we're honest- they aint too bright at the best of times 8)

Be glad to hear anyone's input and I will, of course, do a guide for them as I go along (though if you see ' late bumper wanted' you'll know how it went......)

I've bought a pump to do this, but not yet purchased the jets, I was intending to use old 911 jets, which are just small round bobbles. When wiring it up, the best way to do it is to relay it with the headlights so that you only get the lights squirted when you wash your screen and the lights are on. The wiring isn't in there for you but isn't exactly hard to do.

E36 jets are quite nice too.

Good point- thanks. What I haven't found out yet is how to delay the headlamp washers as done on most cars with them- a short blast of the windscreen washers doesn't start them, but a long blast brings on the headlamp washers. Anyone know? Alternative is to wire them to the spare switch position below the foglight switches, but prefer them auto as above

if these came standard on every corrado, the "in thing" to do would be to smooth them off.

Used to have some nice ones my old Punto GT.........before i smoothed them off :D

Dooh! :roll: That's just it guys- they DON'T have 'em- therefore I want them

Then, once I've fitted them, the next owner can smooth them off!- want to buy a Corrado?

Have been thinking aout trying to get some myself. Hadnt really thought too much about the relays, and the delay when using them. They do look good though.

IMGP0131-1.jpg

Were they an option from new?

Have been thinking aout trying to get some myself. Hadnt really thought too much about the relays, and the delay when using them. They do look good though.

IMGP0131-1.jpg

With a photo like that, even furry dice would look good!

IMGP0131-1.jpg

With a photo like that, even furry dice would look good!

Haha too true!

We had a Saab 900 back in 1984, that had washers AND wipers on the headlamps. Might be possible to retro-fit i guess?

IMGP0131-1.jpg

Yup. With a far larger washer tank.

I love them, I'd retro fit them to my car.

I had a mk2 scirocco (1983) that had them fitted.It might be easier to retro-fit them onto the C !

On a side note, i disconnected them after a couple of years, after a really bad frost, they kept leaking ! lol

So these are cool, but a rear window wiper should be removed and a rubber gromit put in the hole.

is this correct, if i wanted to be a part of the scene :confused4:

So these are cool, but a rear window wiper should be removed and a rubber gromit put in the hole.

is this correct, if i wanted to be a part of the scene :confused4:

You only need to see where you're going, not where you've been!!

nice one there!

Rear window washer outlet at the pump could be used for headlight washer jets.

I've got these on mine. Need an adjustment tho as shoots well over my garage 😊. I thort 7 litres of washer fluid was a bit over the top.

I have them on mine. I like the look, but they're a pain in the ass, especially if you put screenwash instead of plain water in the reservoir. Coats the bonnet with lovely suds everytime I squirt my windscreen, eventually cleaning all my expensive wax off. A retro-fit delay kit would be very nice.

In fact, mine weren't working at all and I liked that. But the guy that fixed my aircon noticed a kink in the water pipe feeding them and kindly fixed it for me when he was in there. Bar Steward! :)

Ian,

How much delivered?

Andrew

I think they retail for just over £40.00, so can do it for £25.00 delivered (Next working day courier) - Part Nr on the box is 3B7 955 681.

Ian.

I'm sure I looked for Porsche ones before as they would blend in nicely, but gave up. Something I'd like to do is fit the wiper schooshers to the wiper, ala Peugeot 406(?). I'm sure the wipers have it integrated, it's jsut a case of running the flexy up to them. Reduces the dry wipe on those days where there is loads of salt on a damp road.

Anyway Mr Jimpy, where've you been hiding?!