Sign in to follow this  
flusted

door handle differences

Hi

Im new to the corrado scene and ive just bought a gplate 16v.I lost my keys the otherday and had to break the door handle to get in :cry: Are all corrado doorhandles the same or am i right in thinkin they changed them on the later ones???Will passat ones fit???

Please help as my mot is about to run out and theyl fail it on the handle

PASSAT ONES CAN BE USED IF YOU USE THE MECHS ASWELL, there is lots of information on here try doing a search with passatANDhandles, also the later door handles will fit as ive seen the late vr6 type handles on a 91 g60,, bazgreener has done it on his, hope this helps, :roll:

By the way - most people I've heard of are using the passat *rear* handles for that de-locked look, but if you have success using the passat *front* handles (with locks), we'd all be interested to know that they fit. No-one can think of a reason they wouldn't, just that AFAIK no-one's tried it..

the passat locking handles aren't that much cheaper than a corrado one so it aint worth doing that if its a cost thing.

get the rears and the locks n fit um and screw out the white adjuster a couple of turns. test the lock. if it locks and you can still open the door screw it back in a fraction until this stops.

the passat locking handles aren't that much cheaper than a corrado one so it aint worth doing that if its a cost thing.

Ok, but I was under the impression that the passat handles don't die like the Corrado ones do. Maybe I'm wrong, but if they're going to last much longer (like the life of the car would be nice), then it's got to be worth paying the cash, if that's what it takes.

It's because the actuator arms on the Passat handles are longer than Corrado ones, hence requiring the passat latches aswell. Think of it this way....Passats actuator arms resemble a half clenched fore-finger, Corrado ones are almost a fully clenched fore-finger!

Passat handles will 'miss' Corrado latch lever but they will work-ish....just not as nice and smoothly as with the proper kit.

My advice is to just use blinkin Corrado ones.....with plenty of grease......and you'll not have a problem. Lockless handles are fine until the central locking fecks up....and then what do you do?

The differences in Corrado handles are nothing more than aesthetic....late ones have a ridge around the lock, early ones don't :D They are exactly the same internally.

K

The differences in Corrado handles are nothing more than aesthetic....late ones have a ridge around the lock, early ones don't :D They are exactly the same internally.

K

Thats wot i wanted to hear :D I ve sourced a late handle but needed to know if it will definatly fit

THANKS EVERYONE

thats why i got one with a ridge on and one without :)

Snap (until I fit the passat ones sat in my garage! ;) )