Pat_McCrotch

Help get obsolete parts re-introduced via VW Classic Parts!

bumping this, always open to ideas of parts to get made.

Got a great rubber supplier for hoses and grommets if you can think of any to make.

yes awaiting a sample. Will probably give to Julian to fit here as the one i sent to copy came from his corrado

I have a new one for the list, am having trouble finding one new and vw told me they are discontinued now.

Camshaft trigger wheel for vr6. Part no: 021905163

I have a new one for the list, am having trouble finding one new and vw told me they are discontinued now.

Camshaft trigger wheel for vr6. Part no: 021905163

They are already being made by an aftermarket supplier who seems to be UK based, its just getting a sales contract in place with them/finding a supplier. They are Intermotor and their part number is PC317.

Hello, following this thread to bring back parts. I saw reference to 535837476 01C which I think is the off side (driver side) window slot (inside). Mine is split and not holding the door card so well anymore (if I have the right part). Any advice will be appreciated? Anywhere I can go or process I need to go through to bring back the part in question. May be a bit of a long shot. Thanks in advance.

Hello, following this thread to bring back parts. I saw reference to 535837476 01C which I think is the off side (driver side) window slot (inside). Mine is split and not holding the door card so well anymore (if I have the right part). Any advice will be appreciated? Anywhere I can go or process I need to go through to bring back the part in question. May be a bit of a long shot. Thanks in advance.

I have a few available mate

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

You do, brilliant. Let me know how best to proceed.

Drop me a pm

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Can I add another to the list.

Sebring alloy wheel caps.

Don't need to have Volkswagon printed on them just plain caps that finish the wheels.

People after crazy money for them.

Morning, they did go NLA but i just checked classic parts in Germany and they are showing in stock again, So have re instated the part and we will put some on order today

Morning, they did go NLA but i just checked classic parts in Germany and they are showing in stock again, So have re instated the part and we will put some on order today

what sort of price anne ?

Hi Anna - any chance VW Classic would ever do a run of late fog light and indicators? I know it's probably a tricky part to mold etc, but would be worthwhile as I'd say nearly all are cracked and there would be great interest. Preferably with hardened glass. Any of the options I've seen that involve swapping over lenses from other units tend not to give great results.

Cheers.

Hi Anna - any chance VW Classic would ever do a run of late fog light and indicators? I know it's probably a tricky part to mold etc, but would be worthwhile as I'd say nearly all are cracked and there would be great interest. Preferably with hardened glass. Any of the options I've seen that involve swapping over lenses from other units tend not to give great results.

Cheers.

Hi

We can always ask the question to classic parts. I am not sure we would, the issue for us and Corrado parts currently is the fact we have to manufacture such a large Minimum order quantity when manufacturing to make the tooling costs worth it. With Corrado obviously the market is alot smaller than mk2 Golf for doing this. If we do a smaller batch it puts the end cost up to cover our costs and then people moan we are really expensive. Its hard to find a balance for it.

Thanks Anna. It's worth asking them anyway I'd say just to see. I understand the problems with the small volume vs high cost for these parts, but I'd say the fog lights might be worth it as they are standard to all late Corrados both LHD and RHD, and nearly all cracked at this stage. I also think that at this point in the car's life the remaining owners of good condition cars would be prepared to pay a bit more for re-manufactured OEM quality parts than before. I'd certainly be willing to pay in the region of €200 a side, if the glass was hardened.

Hi

We can always ask the question to classic parts. I am not sure we would, the issue for us and Corrado parts currently is the fact we have to manufacture such a large Minimum order quantity when manufacturing to make the tooling costs worth it. With Corrado obviously the market is alot smaller than mk2 Golf for doing this. If we do a smaller batch it puts the end cost up to cover our costs and then people moan we are really expensive. Its hard to find a balance for it.

Edited by fendervg

+1. Would rather the parts be expensive than not at all. I'd pay through the nose for a passenger door slot seal!!

Thanks Anna. It's worth asking them anyway I'd say just to see. I understand the problems with the small volume vs high cost for these parts, but I'd say the fog lights might be worth it as they are standard to all late Corrados both LHD and RHD, and nearly all cracked at this stage. I also think that at this point in the car's life the remaining owners of good condition cars would be prepared to pay a bit more for re-manufactured OEM quality parts than before. I'd certainly be willing to pay in the region of €200 a aide, if the glass was hardened.

+1. Would rather the parts be expensive than not at all. I'd pay through the nose for a passenger door slot seal!!

Yeah I'd second that.

To be honest there's still Corrado's left in the USA, in parts of Europe and of course here in the UK, the later type fog lights would sell like HOT CAKES, nearly all Corrado owners need them. Especially the lenses.

Si