gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

Cheers - I probably sound like a jessie worrying about such a small stretch compared to what some guys are running!

Cheers - I probably sound like a jessie worrying about such a small stretch compared to what some guys are running!

It makes sense to check but 205s are the perfect size for those wheels, no stretch just a nice fit

205/50/16 Tyres - Advice please

I have set of Azev C's 7.5j x 16 after checking tyre calculator was planning on putting on 215/40/16 as nearest match to overall std size. A local garage has a set of 205/50/16 's i can have at a steal. can anyone advise for or against giving them a try.

Trying to decide if to fit a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1’s to my vr. The wheels are 8x17 and ET38 with no tyres on them yet so would probably go for 205/40 17’s. I’m just a little concerned about possible arch rubbing and suspension clearance. The vr is lowered approx. 30-35mm on coilovers for info and also might be being used for transporting 4 people around quite a few times in the near future.

Any info / opinions about fitment would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi,

I'm looking at getting some BBS split rims, which seem to be most widely available from the mk3 / mk4 golf but are in two sizes - either R16x6.5j ET43 or R16x7j ET43.

I'm running on 30mm drop with Koni TAs / H&R springs and am guessing that either will fit with 205/45/16 but can anyone confirm this before I actually buy either of these sizes?

Cheers

Phil

Thanks although slightly confused - current speedlines are 205/50/15 R15x6.5J ET43 so thought the 205/45/16 R16x6.5J ET43 would be ok or doesn't it work like this? Thought that this would keep the extremities of the tyre in the same place within the arch? Was less sure about the 7j.....

Hi,

I'm looking at getting some BBS split rims, which seem to be most widely available from the mk3 / mk4 golf but are in two sizes - either R16x6.5j ET43 or R16x7j ET43.

I'm running on 30mm drop with Koni TAs / H&R springs and am guessing that either will fit with 205/45/16 but can anyone confirm this before I actually buy either of these sizes?

Cheers

Phil

both wil fit but you will need at least 10mm spacers

Hi folks new boy in town I have just got a vr6 lhd corrado and would like to get some new wheels. fund some 17 x 8 et20 would this work with some arch work please can someone help thanks andy

Just a quick one...

Front: 17x7.5 ET19 with 205/40's

Rear: 17x8.5 ET21 with 205/40's

Can anyone see any issues?

first I would like to say thanks for responding to our questions. Im looking to get a set of bbs rs's redrilled for my vr6.

specs:

16x7.5 et35

16x8.5 et35

Im at the point where I know I might rub on the inside or wont clear break up front. Just dont know what size spacer will make this set work perfect. I dont really want to run spacers, should I wait for a set thats between 20-30+ or will these work. thanks.

will this work? will it clear breaks, suspension? anyone have pictures of this set up on a corrado? thanks

bbs rs

tire 205/40/16

16x7.5 et35

16x8.5 et35

will this work? will it clear breaks, suspension? anyone have pictures of this set up on a corrado? thanks

bbs rs

tire 205/40/16

16x7.5 et35

16x8.5 et35

Tyres should be 45's, have a look here >> http://www.willtheyfit.com/

I am looking at a set of 7x17s, ET40 for my 16v. I reckon they'll be too near the suspension ect.

Does anyone know if they'll be ok? The car's lowered about 40mm.