gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

Bit of advice:

8.5 fronts with ET of 20. 195/40/16 tyre

9.5 rears with ET of 24. 215/4016 tyre

Will they fit on a VR6, fronts come with 25mm adaptors too

Thanks

Would appreciate advice;

7j Porsche d90s - 195/45/16s? or would a 205 width be better?

I have 8j rears, with 195/45s but they are quite stretched. I dont want to overstretch the front and have no grip!

Steve, yes they will be fine. Putting 195's on a 7j will give you less stretch. 205's will of course give you more grip as they are wider but it won't be night and day difference, you probably won't even notice.

Macdaddy, you will need your arches rolling 100% unless you are planning on running tractor height and most probably need to pull your arches as well to get them to fit. Rears may be close to the suspension struts so you will have to check on that.

Steve, yes they will be fine. Putting 195's on a 7j will give you less stretch. 205's will of course give you more grip as they are wider but it won't be night and day difference, you probably won't even notice.

Macdaddy, you will need your arches rolling 100% unless you are planning on running tractor height and most probably need to pull your arches as well to get them to fit. Rears may be close to the suspension struts so you will have to check on that.

Spot on thanks

Hi guys need your help / advice,

Ive got a vr6 with standard suspension and was wondering if i could fit 17" x 7.5" ET35 alloys without any issues? And would 205/40/17 tyres be best?

Bish :thumbleft:

Hi guys need your help / advice,

Ive got a vr6 with standard suspension and was wondering if i could fit 17" x 7.5" ET35 alloys without any issues? And would 205/40/17 tyres be best?

Bish :thumbleft:

No problems with that combination

Hi

Got the chance to buy some OZ saturn 16 inch ET37 wheels with 205/45/16 tyres on. Will they be ok with my 16v with eibach lowered springs? I am running with BMW E30 BBS wheels at the moment with 195/50/15 (not sure of offset) and with passengers and full load of fuel the rear arch hits the tyre on a severe bump on the road. Will the OZ give me a similar problem?

TIA

Hi guys need advice

Looking at some banded steels for my 16v

theyre G60 ones. 7.5J running 195-45 et 35

Just concerned if theyll foul on the struts on the rear

lowered 40mm

I have a doubt regarding wheel fitment in my VR. Want a flush look with no rubbing issues, limited only to fender rolling and lowered about 40mm, no coilovers. I still don't know if going with:

16x8 +20 all around or,

16x8 +20 front and 9 +15 rear or,

16x7.5 +35 front and 8 +20 rear.

Wheels I'm currently interested in are the ESM 002. If possible, recommend tire specs with wheel setup. Thanks in advance.

I doubt the 9's would fit without arch work, says ET33 all round, plus the adaptor thickness = ET21, gonna be pushing them right out

If your not to far away, ask for a trial fit :shrug:

Hi Folks, I have been offered a set of BBS RS 064, they are 5x112 and 7Jx15H2 ET37. Will these fit my VR6 Corrado without arch work? I know I can get adapters of 15mm and this would change the ET to 22. Or should I look into getting them re-drilled 5x100 and use spacers then?

Hiya just a quick 1 if seen some compomotive mo5s in 17x8 with an et 11 what are the chances of these fitting my 16 v ?

Cheers sean

I may aswell ask now this oost has been brought back up...., got a feeling I wont like the outcome, but will these fit

16x8j et25 front 215/40/16

16x9j et 20 rear 215/40/16..... but would 45's be better

Cheers for any replys.... hope to get one as want to order the (hopefull)

Oh and how will they sit? Flush at front little poke on back?

Thanks all

I'm currently getting my corrado ready for show season and running 16x7.5j borbet A's all round at the moment until i get the funds in summer for something different.

Is a 165/50/16 too much of a stretch to be running on these?

thanks

---------- Post added at 2:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:54 PM ----------

I'm currently getting my corrado ready for show season and running 16x7.5j borbet A's all round at the moment until i get the funds in summer for something different.

Is a 165/50/16 too much of a stretch to be running on these?

thanks

I've seen a set of Brock b1s for sale. 17x8.5 ET35. Would these fit my rado (Lowered 40mm on springs/standard shocks) and no arch work. I already have tyres Falken 205/40/17's so they would be running stretch. Cheers

hi all

I get new wheels for my vr

8,5 x16 et 28 at front

and

9 x16 et 22 on rear

car is lowered about 7-8 cm

rear arches R rolled

which tyre would U recomend for that set? 195/ 40 or 195/45 ?

I would go 205/45 that is still a bit of a stretch and a bit of give in the 45.

hi guys just brought some new rims their 17x7j but the offset is 42 was told 35 when i brought them but still they rub on the suspension and wont even go on the front what size spacers do i need to get the ideal so the wheels still go in the arch etc thanks ross ow and on a valver

hi guys just brought some new rims their 17x7j but the offset is 42 was told 35 when i brought them but still they rub on the suspension and wont even go on the front what size spacers do i need to get the ideal so the wheels still go in the arch etc thanks ross ow and on a valver

I'd go for 10-15mm spacers with the rims just being 7j, will fill out the arches more

ok thanks for the advice if i go that far out wont they rub on the outer arch sorry just quite confused because ive fitted the back rim to see how it sits and its quite close to the outer arch now probablly about 10mm between the wheel and the edge of the arch if that but it says the et is 41 on the rims

Hi all,

Got quite excited when i saw these on ebay as they have apparently been taken fron a VR, only he has now replied to say the offset of the wheels are ET24. Combine this with a 7.5 width rim i'm thinking these are surely too wide for the rado?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321110423997?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Am i being daft?

Hi all,

Got quite excited when i saw these on ebay as they have apparently been taken fron a VR, only he has now replied to say the offset of the wheels are ET24. Combine this with a 7.5 width rim i'm thinking these are surely too wide for the rado?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321110423997?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Am i being daft?

They should be fine