Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

Hi all, and welcome to THE Corrado Forum 2.0 :)

What's happened?!?! I hear you cry. Well, we've changed forum software from phpBB (a free forum bit of kit, nice, but a bit lacking in features now) to vBulletin - a very comprehensive forum / site software suite that will allow us to give users a much greater experience (but sadly, isn't free!).

One of the cons of this process is that, I'm sorry to say, your Avatars have been lost (please don't cry) but also you had to reset your password. This is due to the software not being able to copy the encrypted passwords from phpBB to vB. It's done pretty much everything else though.

There are a couple of 'faults' at the moment which Dom (dinkus) and I are working on:

• The banner - yeah, work in progress!
  • Attachments from the old software aren't being shown inline of posts
  • Smilies from the old software not correctly copied

There's a couple of other quirks too - if you had a font size change in your post or signature - it's gone a bit crazy now! You'll have to change that manually.

But, to the pros - this is where this software will help the CF community become great:

• Blogs! You can create your own Blog - perfect for Builds, How-Tos
  • Reputation - don't recognise someone by their username, or are you new to the site yourself? With this, other members can vote up or down your reputation - making you a saint, or a sinner, of the forum
  • Coming Soon: Front Page site. A news portal highlighting great threads, VW news, and anything and everything that will interest users
  • Coming Soon: Facebook Connect - login using just your Facebook ID, and 'Like' posts, threads, pictures, plus have links posted on your FB wall to share to your friends outside of the CF community

plus much much more in the background which makes this site so much better for the Moderators and Users.

So, have a look around, have a play - and please feel free to post back any issues you may have in this thread.

Thanks!

• Like 1

plus much much more in the background which makes this site so much better for the Moderators and Users.

um, speaking of Mod capabilities Andi, are there any?! :)

um, speaking of Mod capabilities Andi, are there any?! :)

You should have "Moderation Tools" in the bottom right... I hope.. lol

Hey Andi,

Nice upgrade mate, LOVE the new forum. Have to say the Twitter updates were fab, a very nice touch!

Ollie.

You should have "Moderation Tools" in the bottom right... I hope.. lol

not that i can immediately see yet!

Sorry me again.

Have all old threads been copied over? I can't find my members thread. Found it after seeing Corozins post about setting thread categories or what ever...

Edited by Butterfly

Tapatalk no longer works.

I know - lemme get it working properly in normal browsers first ;)

Looks great Andi, thanks for putting in all that effort, was good watching the updates on Twitter.

Long live The Corrado Forum!

Looks good Andi, i like it.

Are the "your posts" & "new post" buttons coming back, i found them handy especially the "your posts" button. :D

Edited by Critical_Mass
felt like it

Andi, this looks pretty good stuff, so well done. Can you enlightne me on how to re install my avatar. I've looked in 'settings' but I can't find the screen and /or button on which I can do it.

Rgds

Charlie

Andi, this looks pretty good stuff, so well done. Can you enlightne me on how to re install my avatar. I've looked in 'settings' but I can't find the screen and /or button on which I can do it.

Forum Actions -> Edit Profile -> Edit Avatar (on the left hand side, half way down)

I hate new design, I loved the old one. Am I alone ??

You'll get used to it mate. Though i got use to the avatars been on the right >>>> They're back on the left again now.

You'll get used to it mate. Though i got use to the avatars been on the right >>>> They're back on the left again now.

The "old" forum went through three iterations I can remember and they soon became familiar. :)

Yeh, will do, but what;s the point to change something what was perfect ?? ,my personal opinion

Yeh, will do, but what;s the point to change something what was perfect ?? ,my personal opinion

Everything changes with love?