Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

That's just phase one.

Phase two will be a plugin that tries to decipher Corrado_Sunderland.

good luck with that........

Yeah we've had a crack team of 7 men working round the clock on this since late October.

And we still don't even know what a flange-biscuit is.

Great work Andi, looks good. Just need to get used to the new layout.

I do think the Mods need to have their names in different colors like before so we can tell who's who

Oh and the spell check is fantastic as I cant spell to save my life :D

Oh and the spell check is fantastic as I cant spell to save my life :D

All very well but some Mods won't have anyhting to do now!

I don't think Toad's been de-loused since Christmas so that should keep the n00bie Mods quiet for a bit! :)

All very well but some Mods won't have anyhting to do now!

Would you be referring to one in particular :D

Good work Andi, just need time to get to know the new layout.

Have noticed when you click settings all previously subscribed threads have been reset, no real problem for me.

Also in settings it appears to show all existing 'read' messages as 'New Messages' so upon first glance it looks like you've got lots of new messages.

It's always a bit of a "mind job" when the forum changes styles or engines. I get so used to it looking a certain way that when it changes, I end up sitting baffled in front of my computer for a few seconds time I visit the forum! :)

Me again.....

I've got my avatar working.. but now noticed that I only show as being 'butterfly' in posts since the new forum. All my old posts show me as being 'guest' and there is no avatar.

Plus I have no pms in my inbox or sent items.... help!!!

Thank you again.

Edited by Butterfly
spelling error!

More subscribers needed now the software costs real money! C'mon folks dig deep, get that PayPal subscription created!!

Thanks, Matt! :)

Is there any way to look at what threads you've posted in? I know you can go to 'My Profile', 'View All Posts' but this just brings up what you've posted, not the threads.

Not quite in the same way as phpBB - but I think vB has an even better way, you just have to use it!

With phpBB, when you subscribed to threads, you HAD to receive emails, or you weren't subscribing to the thread.

With vB, you can subscribe to threads and decide which threads you receive an instant, daily, weekly email - or no email at all - yet you can view all these threads by clicking on Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads.

I intend to do a "Website tips" section with all this info in it when I've finished setting everything up, so watch this space!

Great job everybody. Love the new forum / look etc.

One quick concern..... show date of birth seems to be ON by default in most profiles......

With vB, you can subscribe to threads and decide which threads you receive an instant, daily, weekly email - or no email at all - yet you can view all these threads by clicking on Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads.

to add to that, it seems like you get subscribed to any thread you post in by default (or so it seems so far) so yes, what Andi says above seems to address the lack of a "your posts shown by thread not by post" button :)

Andi, is it me or can you not do quotes within a quote in the same way anymore?

One quick concern..... show date of birth seems to be ON by default in most profiles......

I know, not something I can mass-change, very annoyingly. Just clear your DoB year or select Hide from your Profile to remove.

Andi, is it me or can you not do quotes within a quote in the same way anymore?

Correct, because it looks messy! :)

You can multi-quote using the "+ button though. Rather neat...

Where will i find my Bookmarks ?

On the old site.. ahem!

That's a phpBB feature which could not be imported to vB.

There is full social bookmarking on this site though which syncs with deli.cio.us, Google, stumbleupon, etc...

Don't have time to read the whole 7 pages now but Private Messages aren't working. I can't do anything, its telling me I have overfilled folders that I have never seen before, I empty these folders of nothing and it still says I can't send anything because they are full.

Don't have time to read the whole 7 pages now but Private Messages aren't working. I can't do anything, its telling me I have overfilled folders that I have never seen before, I empty these folders of nothing and it still says I can't send anything because they are full.

You had 149 messages - well below the threshold, so not sure why it was being funny.

I've had to clear out all of your messages, apologies, but hopefully that will fix it.

If there's anything you need to refer to, you can get to the old site here: http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/

Could we get the strikethrough command activated for posts? Useful for crossing off sold items, mistakes etc.

What a stupid great idea!

;) Done, just for you! Just use 'strike' in [ ] brackets, as the other BB codes.

What a stupid great idea!

;) Done, just for you! Just use 'strike' in [ ] brackets, as the other BB codes.

Top man, always useful every now and then

Can't seem to turn on 'notify me of a reply to my thread' notifications, is there one?

All done in Quick Links -> Forum Subscriptions

or when replying to a thread, "Go Advanced" then you can choose from there.

Nearly had a heart attack when i logged in just now lol

thought someone had set up a site to try and get passwords

Nearly had a heart attack when i logged in just now lol

thought someone had set up a site to try and get passwords

Hullo! I am adminstrator of forum of Corrado! Good day! Please, provide bank details and 3-digit code for good health for your car!

Update:

• The ranks from the old software are back! Newbie / Regular / Enthusiast, etc!
  • Subscribers now automatically receive a special ⋆⋆ CF Donator ⋆⋆ status, as well as a 5,000 item PM box, plus the ability to upload 1,000 high res pictures in the Albums (instead of 100 medium res for normal users). Just a little way to say thanks - but more goodies to come. Suggestions?
  • Back using CloudFlare again for DNS caching. Hopefully the slowness issues are now resolved, and should make the site more responsive, as well as reducing load on the server and bandwidth.