Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

The search is all screwed up... Looks like a script error.

Ok, that should be fixed...

Looks fine here.

Clear your browser cache.

It's all wrong now... the whole forum looks wrong. tried deleting the cach...

Ok, seems fine in Firefox and Chrome, but IE throws a wobbley.

Settings changed and should all be fine again. (Proof that IE is crap, as it can't handle Javascript and CSS properly!)

Just thought i would mention it, not sure if its browser related or anything (Firefox V3.5.3)

In the thread titled 'Joke thread', there are reportedly 6 pages to view with 51 posts. But when you click 'last page' or 'page 6', it takes you to page 5 and displays the message 'posts 41-50'.

Page six cannot be viewed and also post 51 cannot be viewed.

(reporting defects, wish i got paid for that.....o wait, i do :D)

Edited by yacobwood
adding screen print

Just thought i would mention it, not sure if its browser related or anything (Firefox V3.5.3)

In the thread titled 'Joke thread', there are reportedly 6 pages to view with 51 posts. But when you click 'last page' or 'page 6', it takes you to page 5 and displays the message 'posts 41-50'.

Page six cannot be viewed and also post 51 cannot be viewed.

(reporting defects, wish i got paid for that.....o wait, i do :D)

There is no post 51.....

(doo doo doo doo...)

So, I have no idea.. I see 50 pages here and proper pagination.

Browser cache wiped and it's still rum buggered for me. I'm on IE8. Is also rum fecked on Firefox 3.6.9 :D

Then your ISP has cached the borked CSS then. You'll have to wait for it clear.

Use http://direct.the-corrado.net/forum.php for now.

I'm sorry to say this, as I used to really enjoy reading this forum, but this is easily the worst forum software I've used. I know you guys support the forum technically and financially, but its so non user-friendly that I leave after 2-3minutes of browsing.

There isn't enough whitespace and you are presented with so much text that its just overwhelming. The icons are confusing; if they actually represent things, then its not intuitive in the slightest. There isn't enough contrast between heading links and descriptions in the thread listing pages, which means you really have concentrate and can't just scan read them.

I cant see the problem with the new forum i hardly ever use my computer any more and constantly on the i phone i havent had a problem with it the whats new is just the same as new posts and to look through the threads you have commented on its straight through quik links it cant be much simpler than that

Im not one to be bothered about how much space there is between text and what fancy colour the border is writing comes up and you read it and when theres no more left you click next page surley thats it !! I find scrolling downbthe right hand side good asweal as you dont have to open new posts you can see whats hapning from the home page

Shurley a few changes to how its laid out and a few different coulours and pages cant be that bad that you have to leave after 2 mins

Not having a dig i just cant seebthe problem thats all

Each to their own, I guess.

For me it was a pleasure to browse the old forum and now it feels like a chore. Oh well!

I can see what some peoples gripes are with the new software, but having spent countless hours in the past moderating this forum I can see the benefits and most of them are from an Admin point of view which in turn means that it'll benefit the users. I know it's been about for a few weeks but I would suggest more time is needed for the guys to tweek the forum and for users to get used to it. The forum hasn't ever seen such a big change, and big changes take time to bed in.

Well done fella's :camp:

Cheers Dave, that's exactly the point I've been trying to get across.

We hit a bit of a glass ceiling under php BB and the logical step in order to add much more functionality, such as the classifieds system, was vB. Well I presume that was Andi's thinking anyway!

Does anybody find the new posts section is updated too often? Every time i go to it there are only 4 or 5 new posts. Any chance this can be refreshed / cleared down less often? =/