skinnyman9000

*BREAKING* 1990 Tornado red 1.8 16V

Unfortunately the time has come to break my beloved corrado. Due to the deterioration of the paintwork it is now worth several times more in parts then it is in one piece. Eventually the entire car will be broken, but I am trying to do it in stages so that I don’t end up with a house/garage full of parts, so please be patient. If there is anything in particular that you want right away then let me know, if it’s not too difficult I can take it off the car early.

Details of said car:

1990 Tornado red (pink) 1.8 16V, engine on 132k, rebuilt by Midland VW at 118k.

First come, first serve

I have a lot of parts to sell, and no doubt I’ll have a lot of people to deal with at once, so im going to have to do things on a first come, first serve basis, BUT, I can’t hold parts forever. So please do not get it touch and ask me to save something for 3-4wks. Once someone ‘dibs’ a part I will give them 48hrs to arrange payment/contact me, if I have not received payment/contact from the buyer within 48hrs then the item will be offered to the next interested buyer.

Postage/packaging

I will post whatever items I can, but the buyer must be willing to pay for the level of postage they want, so insurance/recorded delivery will be at the buyer’s discretion. Also, for some items the buyer will have to be patient whilst I find suitable packaging materials, I won’t have boxes to hand for everything. Also, due to now having an A4 Avant I will be able to deliver some items/meet half way, but this will be at a charge of 40p/mile, to take into account the time/fuel taken to deliver the item. Collection in person is also an option.

Right, first thing to go is the interior. It’s a standard black/dark grey earlier interior, with the exception of the front seats (as per the picture). Everything is in very good/good condition. I can provide photos of everything if required, but most of the parts are self explanatory. I have never broken a car before or sold this many parts, so if any of the prices are a bit off then please let me know and I’ll adjust accordingly (as long as you’re not just trying to get a cheaper price!)

Front seats - £60

DSC00155.jpg

Rear seats - £20

Door cards - SOLD

Early audioscape door pods - SOLD

Parcel shelf (no holes) - SOLD

Sunvisors (pair) - £15 SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

A pillars (pair) - SOLD

B pillars (pair) - £10

C pillars (pair) - £10

Fusebox cover tray - £5

Drivers under tray - £5

Passenger under tray - £15

Parcel shelf supports - SOLD

Headlight switch - £10

Heated rear window switch - £8

Fog light switch - £8

Grab handles - SOLD

Rear parcel shelf support speakers - £10

IMG_0415.jpg

If there is anything else from the interior people want then let me know. Also, let me know if anyone wants photos.

Here are some more items for the list:

420amp battery, cost £99 from Halfords in April 2008. £20, collection only.

Starter motor, bought Feb 2009 (receipt to prove), covered around 5k, cost £75, after £30

IMG_0428.jpg

Alternator, 90amp. Cost £135. Havent got the receipt but when I get photos up you’ll see it’s covered around 5k. SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

IMG_0427.jpg

Headlights - Reflectors in good condition, passed last MOT ok. Front brackets have been snapped in the past and plastic welded back together. Will get photos over the weekend. Includes some phillips superbright bulbs. All clips etc are present, one of the top clips broke but has been plastic welded and is fine. £60

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

Front fogs - SOLD

Standard grill - £10

16V grill badge - £10

Passenger door handle - £20

Drivers door handle - £20

Dash speaker grills - £10 pair

Airbox with metering head - £20

I'll try to get photos of everything i can over the weekend guys!!

Edited by skinnyman9000
Items sold

Hi mate, how bad is the paintwork? Specifically the wings and bonnet...

Also is that £10 posted for the headlight switch? If so ill take that for sure.

The bonnet and right wing are knackered, will need a respray, the paint is cracked and badly faded. But the left wing was resprayed about 18 months ago, so is pretty much perfect.

Im hoping to get the doors, bonnet and tailgate off over the weekend.

Prices are + P&P, but postage on the switches will be like £1 anyway

Edited by skinnyman9000

Parcel shelf (no holes) - £20

I'll take this.. let me know postage cost.. should be £6 if done with parcel2go.

Are the straps unbroken?

I'll take the parcel shelf supports.

How much would you want with the lower half of the airbox, and the passenger side under seat 'loop' handle and working heater slider panel, all posted to london?

(i don't need the speakers in the parcel shelf supports, so shouldn't be too heavy)

Thanks,

Kunaal

I'll have the grab handles on the doorcards if they are indeed for an early model. Oh and how much for the window switches too?

Meth – Headlight switch will be £11 posted

Terry – The under dash fusebox cover tray is £5+ P&P

Dragon – Sorry bud, this is a sunroof model

Baron – One strap is fine, the other is broken. I’m at the footy tonight but I’ll check with parcel2go tomorrow night about postage and I’ll get this down as low as I can.

Fuzzer – Yeah the seats are pretty good. They’ve faded slightly since that photo, but for £80 I’d still say they’re a good bargain.

Pumbaa – You’ve got first dibs on the shelf supports. I ideally want to sell the airbox complete, and the seat hoop will need to go with the seats too. But the heater slider panel is £15. I’ll check postage prices once ive got the parts off the car tomorrow, but would imagine around £5.

Abdul – Interior is all early model. Both grab handles and window switches will be £20.

I am hoping to have the following items removed this weekend:

Bonnet

Wings

Doors

Tailgate

Bumpers

Headlights

Fogs

Rear lights

Inc post for £20? We are talking about the same grab handles yeah? As in the ones you yank to shut the door lol. Sorry but i've had confusion over this before!!

Make it £22 inc postage, i know it doesnt seem much difference but im anal with stuff like that.

You're after the grab handles, not the actual pull handles that open the door?

Ok, i'll still take the shelf supports.

Would have thought you'd want to sell the airbox in 2 halves, with the upper going with the metering head. It makes it so much easier for you to take apart and easier for the buyer of the metering head to assemble on his car.

Could you give me a price on the shelf supports and airbox (whole or half) delivered to London? Oh, and the rear number plate light too.

I'll pass on the heater slider panel.

Thanks,

Kunaal

Can you get some photos of the wings and bonnett - would like first dibs on these please mate.

What would you be after for these?

Pumbaa - Thats a good point. Shelf supports are yours, and i'll get a postage price for these and the lower airbox unit tomorrow for you.

Meth - Photos of the wings and bonnet might have to wait until Saturday if thats ok, once i get them off the car and into natural light. I wont be wanting much for them due to their condition, i'd say £20 each for the bonnet and wing that needs attention, and probably £50 for the one with fresh paint (paint cost me £150). Do you still want the headlight switch?

Yes, still want the switch please mate.

Sounds good to me, if you could get some pictures up ill form a decision on saturday once ive seen them :) Would appreciate first dibs please.

If the wings and bonnet are of use to me then ill collect them and the switch, if not ill just paypal you for the switch on saturday :)

Right.

All parts requested so far are off the car, prices inc postage are as follows:

Terry – Fusebox under tray cover is £8 delivered by 1st class

Bristol – Parcel shelf is £26 delivered via parcel2go

Abdul – Grab handles and window switches are £22 delivered by 1st class

Pumbaa – Do you want the speakers & grills with the shelf supports, or literally just the supports? Or supports and grills minus speakers? lower airbox, rear number plate light. Anyway, everything you’re after (with speakers) is £8.50 1st class or £7 standard parcels. Or (without speakers) £6.50 1st class or £4.50 standard parcels. Plus £25 for the parts.

If you want to pay via paypal my email address is [email protected], if you want to pay via bank balance transfer then PM me for my details.

Fingers crossed I’ll be adding more parts to the list tomorrow night.

Great, i'll take the bits without speakers but with grills thanks and by standard parcels. I'll pop £29.50 in your paypal and PM you my address. Can you send the rear light unit with its rubber seal too.

Thanks,

Kunaal

Hello, I need the handbrake lever, with or without gaiter I don't mind. I'll also take the A pillar trims if there still available? I also need the little strip of trim with plastic clips that goes across the inside of the top of boot near the headlining. I can send a pic of what it is if this helps? Do you still have the bumper grill and tow hook cover that sit in the bottom of the front bumper?

Cheers

Simon

Farrell - Are you after the handbrake lever covers? Or the actual metal handbrake lever? If its the actual lever i cant let that go just yet as im still wheeling the car in and out of the garage to take parts off. The A pillars have been sold, sorry. The rear plastic interior trim across the boot, the front bumper grills and the tow hook cover will be £20 plus P&P. I'll have the parts off the car over the weekend (hopefully) and i'll be able to get postage prices then.

Kenyon - Someone else has enquired about the doorpods, so they have first dibs. If they drop out then you're next on the list.

To the people who have paid for items, i'll try to get them out over the weekend, im struggling to find packaging materials at the minute.

Also, i've added more items to the front page!!

Hiya, looking for a passenger door, bare door only as I need it for a respray the condition not too bothered as long as it is rust free. Would like the number plate light from the tailgate too?

Regards

Got a rust free passenger door in good condition for £25, collection or delivery as stated in the original post. Will come without handle and mirror, but with glass.

Tailgate light has been sold.