cdem

Peterborough VAG Meet

Thanks to Sam indeed for organising this nice little event. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the good long(ish) run in my Mk1 from Cov to Peterborough (love that Peterboro' bypass road, wish Cov had something like that! Instead we have the dreaded inner ringroad with potholes galore - a no-go zone for my cars anyway :lol:), meeting new peeps, and the cars, of course. Well-deserved win for best mod, Sam :) Nice touch those prizes, actually !

No less than 2 G60 Rados in attendance (I am going to faint now :lol:) :)

My Mk1 won´t give me the Easter egg it won today :lol: Well, molten choc can be removed ... nah, managed to get it home in one piece, nice and solid still :)

Right, pics: Click Here!

Tempest

Looks like some nice cars, bit ****ed I missed it, bloody Corrado's and their tempermental ways

Hi Guys, what a brilliantday. Had my Birthday celebration on Friday so was a little green in the morning, but turned up at Sub11 at 10am to have the car oil and filter changed by James as I couldn't be bothered to do it myself this time just.

Slowly people started to turn up just after 11am, and that was such a relief as this would become a little embarrassing if no one turned up. But boy, I shouldn't have worried. We had over 24 cars turn up and as a bonus the weather for it was spot on!!

It was great meeting up with some familiar faces, but just as good seeing new ones. The selection of cars was just brilliant, I was pleasantly surprised on what the quality of gear we have in the local area.

The Easter egg competition went well, congrat's done to Tempest for getting the Best Car Choc' egg, well deserved! I feel a little bad to have received best modification especially after organising the whole thing but thank you very much for your votes. You'' be glad to know that the egg will be given to my girlfriend for her support leading up and on the day.

Cheers to Glyn who took the photo's of the day, Ive had a sneak peak and they look great. Once I get some copies Ill share them.

Once again, thankyou to James at Sub11 for opening up shop on his day off and allowing us to take up the space and to Chris for putting the poster together. But I must not forget to say thanks to all of you who turned up (and to those who tried to make it :grin:), you made it all worth while and I must apologise if I didnt get to speak to you properly, maybe next time I can relax a bit more?

I'm now off for a beer in this lovely weather, and will consider the possibility of another meet. Send in your ideas/suggestions and Ill put something together for either this year or next.

:cool:

Def organise another one sam! I might even make it next time! :)

shame your 160 miles away it looked quite a good day!

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

i say looked. sounded is more appropriate!

Im sure next time it will be bigger with more cars there!! Nice to see so many Corrados too!!

I did say to two guys that ill search for the door handle repair kit ive got...well i cant find it lol. If i do ill keep it in the car and bring it along to the next meet :)

Just to echo the thanks to Sam and the guys organising the event - first time I'd been to one and will def come again! Some impressive cars there and good fun to have a few prizes (although the only one I'd win at the moment would be the least modified Corrado I think - mine being the storm grey VR6 that has the ride height of a 4x4 but hopefully not for much longer!).

Good photos from Tempest too - I think that Glynn (the BMW traitor) was going to try and get his pics up on here to, so I'll give him a nudge next time I see him at work!

Cheers

Phil

Glyn has them but I wasnt in work to collect them off him. I may get them on Wednesday. Will get them uploaded asap. Sorry guys. Im suprised only Tempest and Glyn took photo's, I guess we were all too busy chatting and enjoying the weather lol

Need to crack on with sorting out another one. Was thinking the end of May but im not available on either of the saturdays at the end....how about a sunday??

Sorry for such a late thankyou for organising the sub11 meet was a cracking day. Thankyou!

Im joining a cliosport.net meeting june 12th at rutland water if anybodys interested? ive started a new thread about it but thought id post in here to generate some local interest.