mr lobitos

in the 24v club ( gone but not forgotten)

12v gets better induction roar I'd say but the noise from a 24v's exhaust is amazing when stainlessed up!

totally agree with peebee,was disappointed with 24v roar even with bmc fitted, but at full chat with miltek fitted, lovely

firstly, car is running sweet (touch wood) only thing is on longer journeys when car reaches normal running temp when you slow down and stop at lights for example the oil pressure light flickers ,  plus when driving slow at low revs car can be jerky (not beef) is this to do with the drive by wire , any ideas cheers

firstly, car is running sweet (touch wood) only thing is on longer journeys when car reaches normal running temp when you slow down and stop at lights for example the oil pressure light flickers , plus when driving slow at low revs car can be jerky (not beef) is this to do with the drive by wire , any ideas cheers

You mean in 1st gear? Ye I get the same, drive by wire is so sensitive at that point! I wouldn't worry too much!

been hard at work on the old girl today (not the wife), she's been out with the girls today so had some me time on the corrado, and god have i enjoyed it, firstly sorted out most of loose ends under the bonnet

took out battery, wrapped all the wiring with fresh new binding, the give it a good clean, then gave the inner legs a good clean , refitted battery with new wrap around jacket for the winter (pinched off a subaru ) plus battery cover (thanks osv for part no. does look a lot smarter)

made bracket to keep washer reservoir secure after relocating for bmc,still can't work out were to get cold air feed to it, any ideas.

engine bay nice and clean now

engine001f.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

next inside,finally sorted out tunes fitted kenwood multichanger , new hertz door speakers and tweeters (in the doorcards) and replaced orginal dash tweeters with jbl speakers , i don't listen to music loud just like a nice clear ,crisp sound and this set up is just right

then fitted glove box supplied by matt 8v , what a job

finally, replaced all of the missing trim clips ( thanks dragon green for parts no.)

VERY SATISFYING DAY

engine002.jpg

engine003.jpg

Conversion looks great mate, have you thought of relocating the battery to the boot so you can get a cold air feed from the front

good thinking would certainly free up a lot of space, what work is involved it that, thanks

Edited by mr lobitos

Conversion looks great mate, have you thought of relocating the battery to the boot so you can get a cold air feed from the front

Yup battery in the boot frees up a load of space, there's a few pics of my engine bay flying about if you want to see what it looks like!

Edited by Peebee

Nice rado! And nice plates! Any attention from the cops from running those? I know you can get legal pressed plates but i thought they had to use a standard font/typeface.

thanks for comments, police around here are more interested in you being one or two miles over the limit have proper plates in boot just in case, peebee where would your engine bay pics be , cheers

Very neat install and love how clean it all is.

Advice for installing the battery in the boot, go to your local scrappy, find a bmw and take all the battery wiring out et voila! Think its Kev thats relocated his battery to under the rear arm rest, just need to fibreglass a cover to replace the existing foam and fits nice and snug!

All that's involved is fastening your battery clamps down somewhere in your boot and just running extended power leads to the boot, wires can be easily hidden under carpet, moulding etc...

Ill take a photo in the morning of the battery, sorry been to the cinema tonight, Super 8, not a classic! Anyway that's another thread. :)

thanks for taking time out to post them pics, peebee. swiftkid mentioned kev had relocated under rear armrest, whos kev ?

would like to find pics of this before i decide which direction to go, cheers

passed mot last week, couple of advisories, happy days

rear discs and pads badly corroded, fronts had already been changed to audi tt dinnerplates by previous owner, what would be peoples recommend upgrade for bigger brakes ? cheers

Edited by mr lobitos

You could use a MK4 Golf battery box for a neat boot mounted battery set up, diesels have larger boxes than petrols

IMGP3051.jpg

thought i'd change title to see if can get any answers, looking to uprate rear discs and pads after mot advisories, fronts have been changed to tt dinner plates, thanks for looking