robrado974

insurance is up soon !how much have the prices gone up ?

Mine actually came down by £3 this year (big savings, I know) and oddly enough managed to come down a bit more by INCREASING my milage limit?!?! Not sure how they've worked that one but more miles for less money can't be bad lol.

Greg

Best quote I've had so far for the VR, with all mods declared and 10,000 miles per year is £495. You wouldn't think I'm 30, have 9 years no claims and live in a low risk area and have never made any claims or got any points :|

my renewal quote came through the other day, last year 450 and this year 1650.....no claims or anything!!!

you can guess were they can shove it!

am i missing something !!!??!.. ive just been on the modified car ins sites ,no where near what i have been quoted , the highest one was over 9000 large !!!lol what planet are the donkey brains on ? think i will stick to perfomance direct .

edit i should have known better i remember a gezzer on a local forum bein quoted 10,000 large for a golf rally

Edited by robrado974

Just switched my insurance over from my Mk3 Golf to my G60, had to pay an additional £120 making it a total of £650 for the years insurance. Had quotes down to £501 though with 20000miles declared

my renewal quote came through the other day, last year 450 and this year 1650.....no claims or anything!!!

you can guess were they can shove it!

yeah but you have just changed the engine, or did you not declair that?

no one tried greenlight? i found them very cheap!

got my renewal through for the rado, £20 up from last year even though i have another years no claims??

brentacre no longer do forum discounts aswell for anyone wishing to know :(

green light want one years no claims . always had the vr on classic policy with which you cannot build any no claims . thanks for info though , regards rob

My insurance on the valver has gone up from £700ish to £1100 and no one can beat it, everyone else quotes 2k+.

This is on a 3k limited mileage policy and TPFT. I am only 22 but have 4 years ncb. I'm not going to insure the rado this year, sick of mental insurance premiums baring in mind the fact that i barely drive the thing.

In total over the last 4 years ive payed 7k in insurance premiums and thats all tpft, no accidents etc, i'm sick of it.

I was very lucky to get the same premium as last year, sounds like this isn't the norm then. Not trying to rub it into anyone on here, just stating so people know there is a possiblility of getting a deal.

I had a quote from another who were cheaper than the renewel and Brentacre matched last year to keep the business. They do need to see a written quote from someone else to play ball.

I'm with Greenlight and they were cheaper than anyone from the off.

I've been with Greenlight for about 3-4 years now and it hasn't really changed that much. Just awaiting the renewal very soon, watch this space.....

i`m with footman james, 3000mile policy with agreed valuation and including wheels ect.. £240 fully comp

Do Greenlight insure modified Corrado's ? 20vts ?

Yep I'm with greenlight and it's £470 for my 4 mo conversion Corrado, all mods accounted for!

Do Greenlight insure modified Corrado's ? 20vts ?

Yep mine has all mods declared for £430 fully comp.

Got my insurance quote from Brentacre,gone up £90 to £639 !!!

I will be ringing around tomorrow.

Put my details in compare the muskrat,only two companies will insure me,the cheapest was £8600, a clean licence,full no claims and 48 years old !

Insured mine with Peter James a few weeks ago £240 fully comp VR6, wheels, exhaust and springs declared.....includes full UK and European breakdown cover on a classic policy membership of CCGB required.

Just got my renewal through for this year, has gone down by about 15-20% and i haven't had to phone around yet to get it cheaper, am quite pleased

thats with admiral

My insurance is sorted !

Went with Greenlight,all mods declared,12k a year milage,agreed value,fully comp.....................................................

£469 thats £170 cheaper them brenacre !!

thanks guys