onestep

Right who is doing stonor park 5/6/11

I still can't get access to the members only section. I registered two days ago, paid my subscription by Paypal, and it says my application has not yet been approved, so I can't register for Stoner. This is pretty frustrating.

Charlie you should put your car in the S&S, parked next to James if I might suggest :)

Charlie you should put your car in the S&S, parked next to James if I might suggest :)

Or me :)

Hmm, I don't think so. Its some way short of show and shine standard at the moment. My paint is in an awful state. At the very least I need the front end respraying. Its got serious gravel/stone chip rash! which I pretty much given up touching in. No, its for cleaning up (because I like to see it clean) but also for driving at the moment (once I finished running it in again) then maybe late next year, I'll get it resprayed. For me a place on the club stand would be perfect.

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow at the AGM...

Yep but if you are registering as a new member you have to pay subs? - It wouldn't allow me to re-register as it could not find any record of my username or e-mail.

That's fine, as the admin will check who you are and ascertain whether you're already a member or not.

I'll be there early as I am also bringing up a van load of mainly Corrado parts to sell off in the autojumble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stand full with the following VIPs :)

Matthew C

Julian C

Chris S

robert s

paul K

Dave D

John M

Ronald W

Eric C (dunno this shady character, but he will be looking for Mk1 Scirocco bonnets )

Dave D

Tempest

I'll be there... what time is everyone planning to get there for the club stand?

its 110 mile journey for me - realy debating going but is it realy worth that journey for a day out?

Eric C (dunno this shady character, but he will be looking for Mk1 Scirocco bonnets )

Clearly you forgot Eric.. car shows these days don't actually sell any CAR parts. If you want some t-shirts, coffee, sweets, air freshners, and other such unrelated tat you're in business. Forget about bits for cars though!

so wanted to come to this today, but had a right dodgy curry last night, so did not want to chance the trip, and good job i didnt set out as been on the bog all day :-(

Very enjoyable day out, not quite classic Stonor, as the weather was ok but not the sun bathed Park we have come to expect. Thankfully we only experienced very light rain. The Club stand had a very full showing, and was great to meet you all and trade stories. Thanks to all those who organized the stand, Eric Dave Kip, the Corrado numbers may be in decline but we made a good show for all to enjoy. Personally I had a profitable day too, as the Caddy full of mainly Corrado parts sold well. The journey home however was a farce!! The diversion round Henley town centre took us down every road in the place! When finally out of Henley the motorway was littered with accidents, roadworks and the inevitable grid lock. Thanks Charlie, not either of our top ten drives, but good to however to have a quality wingman.

Thanks everyone for turning up to this, despite the dodgy weather forecast. Coming up from 2cc's place in the early morning, we got hit by a torrential rainfall somewhere along the M4 before Swindon, so set about cleaning our Rados upon arrival in an initially sunny Stonor.

The rain soon(ish) appeared but fortunately not more than drizzle. The way back oop norf to Coventry was throwing more serious rain at my Rado around Oxford, till finally in Coventry the sun almost tried to get through the clouds !

Washed Rado, sitting nice and clean in its home again.

Clearly you forgot Eric.. car shows these days don't actually sell any CAR parts. If you want some t-shirts, coffee, sweets, air freshners, and other such unrelated tat you're in business. Forget about bits for cars though!

You would have been pleasantly surprised, actually! There were a few good watercooled stands selling useful things!

Didn't have time to even wander around the concourse section.

Tempest

Very enjoyable day out, not quite classic Stonor, as the weather was ok but not the sun bathed Park we have come to expect. Thankfully we only experienced very light rain. The Club stand had a very full showing, and was great to meet you all and trade stories. Thanks to all those who organized the stand, Eric Dave Kip, the Corrado numbers may be in decline but we made a good show for all to enjoy. Personally I had a profitable day too, as the Caddy full of mainly Corrado parts sold well. The journey home however was a farce!! The diversion round Henley town centre took us down every road in the place! When finally out of Henley the motorway was littered with accidents, roadworks and the inevitable grid lock. Thanks Charlie, not either of our top ten drives, but good to however to have a quality wingman.

John, I followed you off at Jct 10 then came back along the A25, which probably no quicker was at least flowing all the time. Like you say, not one of the best drives home I've ever had; it took me 3hrs 20 mins to get home (70 miles)! I was rather hoping we'd have had a chance to open the taps up a bit so I could see how quick your car is. Another time, I hope.

In all other respects though, a great day. Nice to meet Jay, and catch up with Dave, Steve, Eric, Chris Stevens, Kip and Chris Gaskell as well as some of the Scirocco guys, like Sean. Weather held and there were some lovely looking cars on show, as well as some really nice people to chat to. I do love the atmosphere at that show: really relaxed and fun, and idiots are generally conspicuous by their absence, unlike at some shows. There did seem to be fewer people at Stoner this year though and the visitor car park was nearly empty by 3pm: I wonder if it was due to the weather forecast or the financial climate? The club stand did look good and we had a good catch up. Quite a bit of passing interest in the cars too.

Not sure what my next show will be, but hope you all have a good time.

so wanted to come to this today, but had a right dodgy curry last night, so did not want to chance the trip, and good job i didnt set out as been on the bog all day :-(

Just what we want to here Karl haha

Pics on the CCGB website, under the events galleries :) Produced, edited and "beautified" by CrazyDave :lol:

Tempest