Rocket Ron

Brookland Breakfast Meet 15 May

Any Interest in this event. Maybe we could meet up at a Service Station on the A3 (Time to be arranged) and all arrive together. Ideas for Service Station close by would be welcome. If there is a group of us I would have to contact brooklands to let them know how many arriving.

Sunday morning Breakfast Club. This is your chance to meet up with like-minded vintage and classic vehicle enthusiasts to have breakfast, look at the exhibits in the Museum and admire the cars and motorbikes on show.

Breakfast is served in the Sunbeam Café from 8am - 9.30am and will include tea & coffee, sausage, bacon, scrambled egg, hash brown, tomatoes, beans, toast and butter. Museum exhibits are open from 10am.

Adults & Seniors £13, Children (3 - 12yrs) £6.50, BT Members £10, BT Members’ Children (3 - 12yrs) £5

All cars for the Breakfast are welcome to enter the Museum via the Campbell Gate off Brooklands Road.

All prices include breakfast and entry into the Museum. Pre-booking (especially if you are part of a group) is important .

The Museum is between Weybridge and Byfleet, just a few minutes from Junction 10 of the M25 and the A3 London to Portsmouth trunk road. Leave the A3 at the Painshill junction (A245) and follow the brown ‘Brooklands Museum’ signs.

Also posted on CCGB Forum

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/brooklands-breakfast-new-for-2011/

Mercedes World is also close by.

Ron White

Southern Area

I'm up for this. I live in weybridge and can recommend this museum and mercedes world. This museum will also be of interest in to anyone interested in aviation

Hi there,i live north of Portsmouth near A3 & would be able to attend.Any one else ?

Looks like this is on then thanks for your interest 3 of us so far, no one has replied on the CCGB site yet !!

More cars needed though

Have had a reply to my email from the organisers which is below.

Hi Ron, many thanks for your email. it would be good to have the Corrado club here in May – we can reserve a parking area for your cars if you could give me a rough idea of how many may come along.

Entry for Breakfast is from 8am, breakfast is served until 9:45, and the motoring village exhibits are open from 0930.

Entry price includes breakfast and Museum exhibits, and you can stay here all day until we close (5pm) if you want to.

Those who may not want to come for breakfast will be admitted from 10am…..

I hope this information may help and I look forward to hearing from you about the number of cars for reserved parking on the day

Kind regards

Donna

Donna Hopton

Events Manager

Brooklands Museum Trust Limited

Brooklands Road

Weybridge Surrey

KT13 0QN

Telephone: +44(0)1932 857381 Ext 253

Fax: +44(0)1932 855465

[email protected]

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

UPDATE:

The organisers have said there is no limit on numbers but have said as it is the UK National “Drive It Day” they may be busy, and they needed to know car numbers by 3:30 pm today (Fri 15th April) if we wanted to reserve an area….. unfortunately they cannot do discounts on the Breakfasts.

As a result of this I have put us down for 10 spaces

Attending

1. Rocket Ron

2. Harrier

3. djmac56

4. 16VG60

5. Dragon Green

6. Kris

7. Jamie 300

8. wy906

9. Carter711

10. jsc999

11. goozie

12. Philstrm250

13. Chazrad

Edited by Rocket Ron
Update list

Hi Ron,

I'm up for this, sounds like a good Sunday morning run out.

Thanks for your interest guys only 5 more needed.

Time and place to meet nearer the date. If anyone has any ideas where to meet let me know.

Ron White

One would have thought so, but so many folks down South just don't seem ever to be that bothered about Club days out. Great pity it is, we could have just as much of a laugh as the folks up North do, if only there was the interest. I can't understand it, Brooklands is a fantastic venue steeped in motoring and aviation history, and furthermore there is the Mercedes centre at the same location. What more could you want???!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am Interested, but the c is in a very tatty state, with a mixmatch of interiors, some rust and some horrible stickers that I still haven't taken off. So I don't want to be letting down the club :(

Jamie you would not be letting anyone down! The club is about sharing a common interest in the Corrado, irrespective of the cars condition. Many cars that you might now view as aspirational would likey as not have been nurtured back to this condition from a rather less pretty state. You should find nothing but encouragement from other Club members. I look forward to seeing you and your Corrado at Brooklands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with John and DJmac56. Jamie comealong would be great to see you shall I put you down. Lets get this one off the ground and show the Northern Crowd what we can do.

Any ideas where and time we can meet before we go in.

Edited by Rocket Ron

Nice to see support!

Yeah put me down! Perhaps you kind people could help me with some of troubles I'm having as well! Like MFA not working etc!

Sounds like a conversation to be had while mooching around exhibits or tucking into full English breakfast Jamie :-)

I will be coming round the M25 then the A3 !

I dont know the area, but will meet up, where ever is best for the majority.

Sounds like a conversation to be had while mooching around exhibits or tucking into full English breakfast Jamie :-)

If your coming would it be too cheeky to ask you to bring the interior with you? ;)

But yes, the thought of exhibits, merc's and and a good brekkie sounded too good! :D

Count me in! Be prepared to be bombarded with a bunch of newbie questions!

Any ideas of meeting place prior? FYI I’ll be traveling via A(M)23 / M25 / M3 but can meet up wherever.

Regards,

Kin

Ps, anyone interested in a set of BBS Solitude (they're all round not cracked, 5 x 100, legal tyres, odd brands)? It’d save me putting them up on ebay and arrange courier etc. I’ll even wrap them up in bubble wraps so it’ll keep your car’s interior clean.

Hi Ron, would like to join you guys if space is available, if not no probs we will be making the journey up any way.