Rocket Ron

Brookland Breakfast Meet 15 May

Hi

I live in Havant will meet you at about 6 30 ish in the lay by just before QE Country Park I'm in a Moonlight Blue VR will then be meeting up with John at Monor Weald Service Station Milford which according to google maps is 30 ish miles away 40 min drive or quicker.

If there are anybody else your welcome

Edited by Rocket Ron
update

Hi Charlie, John,

Is this the lay-by mentioned?

I can meet you there 7.15-7.30am. I’ll be driving L-reg Ice Grey Violet VR6 with BBS wheels.

5702998789_67fff50a8e_z.jpg

Whist we have all southerners’ attention; could anyone recommend me somewhere for wheel alignment? Preferably in Sussex but would be happy to travel to Hampshire / Kent / Surrey.

Regards,

Kin

Ps, I have 4 x BBS solitudes for sale if anyone is interested. Cheers.

Kin , all,

Yup, that's the lay-by. It'll be a squeeze to get us all in I reckon, but I'm sure we'll cope!

We will be departing at 7.30am sharp, so if you're late just catch us up!!

Charlie

Hi Ron and Daren, I will be coming up the A3 so will meet you both at the layby just before QE Country Park at 6.30. I'm in a Mystic Blue Storm, looking forward to meeting you guys and everyone else 2moro. Cheers Phil

I literally live round the corner (as Kris knows) so won't be heading to the rendezvous point, but would love to arrive with everyone. Ron / anyone else please would you call me on 07793763764 when nearby and I'll come right round. Cheers, Mark

Hi there guys, Sorry I couldn't make it today, got called late last night to work morning shift after staff shortages I originally said no I've got no other commitments but then he said that the sports centre can't open!

Hopefully catch up with some fellow C'ers soon!

Absolutely fab morning had by all attending this Southern Area meet, kindly organised by Ron, at the Historic Brooklands circuit. We were warmly greeted by the Brooklands staff, and made to feel very welcome. The Corrado turnout was great, and we made quite an impressive display. We could not have hoped for better weather, which made the early start all the more worthwhile. The breakfast was very well received and served In the Clubhouse Cafe, very full English! After we were able to tour the exhibits both motoring and aviation before 1130 depart home in time for lunch and medals.569634ca-ce69-bab5.jpg569634ca-ce9c-8c3e.jpg

All that is left of the Brooklands Historic Circuit. We made the prerequisit pilgrimage up the near vertical banked corner, where once supreme endurance racers like the Napier Railton thundered around at awesome speed.

569634ca-cfb2-0b6c.jpg

Found some pretty impressive axle stands!

569634ca-d021-876a.jpg

Barnes-Wallace's bouncing bomb of Dambusters fame.

569634ca-d09b-b647.jpg

Some Merlin powered majic.

569634ca-d0de-3107.jpg

Wellington bomber under reconstuction post recovery from the bottom of Loch Ness back in 1985.

Will leave the Corrado pics for others to post up. Well done Ron, and thanks to all the guys who went to making this a great Sothern area Corrado Club Meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 16VG60

It was a good meeting; thanks Ron for organizing this. Very good turn-out and breakfast was good too!

Apologies if I got your names wrong / have forgotten some of the names….

On the way back I might have been sapped by traffic police on M23; it was a hand-held device and I was going 95-ish….. Saw it late so can’t complain. Damn it!

5722676920_6accd4f622_z.jpg

Regards,

Kin

Hard lines Kin - but it's understandable after seeing all those sports cars I guess!

Thanks to Ron for arranging this - Brooklands is a great venue with lots to see, and the fact that there were so many other interesting marques there made it different to other VAG only meets.

Breakfast included the best sausage I've eaten all year, so a big thumbs up from me.

It was great to meet some new Corrado fans - at least 9 of you I hadn't met before. Hope to see you again at Stonor or Brands Hatch!

Mark

P1000826.JPG

P1000827.JPG

P1000828.JPG

P1000829.JPG

P1000831.JPG

P1000833.JPG

P1000834.JPG

P1000839.JPG

P1000842.JPG

P1000843.JPG

P1000844.JPG

P1000847.JPG

P1000856.JPG

P1000858.JPG

P1000863.JPG

P1000867-1.JPG

I concur with the comments of others here: It was a great trip out on a super day so well done, Ron. It kicked off with a gentle convoy of 6 cars travelling a couple of junctions around the M25 (Reigate to A3) to be met by very enthusiastic staff at Brooklands. It was nice to meet some new faces and visit a venue I've never been to before, steeped in real motorsport and aviation heritage. Oh, and a great cooked breakfast too!

See some of you at Stoner next month.

Charlie

It was good to talk to fellow VR6 owners yesterday, it's something that doesn't happen often! The convoy along the M25 was cool too!

I'd like to give a massive thanks to everybody that looked over my car when I noticed that it had lost all it's coolant without any sign of leakage in the engine bay.

The bottle Ron gave me came in very useful as I had to refill about 6 times on the way home, thanks!

A new matrix has been ordered at the cost of £140 and I'm going to have the rear bushings, discs and pads changed whilst it's in the workshop.

It was interesting to hear about Charlie's engine and it has inspired me to keep my Corrado forever (I was going to anyway!) and get it turbo'd one day instead of selling up for a faster car. You just can't beat a fast Corrado!

Here's an old thread I made about those BBS Pininfarinas I was talking to djmac about, I can't wait to (wear out my current tyres so I can) get them on my car.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?47959-Can-anyone-shed-any-light-on-these-16-quot-BBS-wheels-Pics&highlight=pininfarina

^^ The convey was cool! Glad you made it home ok! I’ll need to do my heater matrix at some point too…..

A big thanks to ron for organising a great day,

was nice to finally meet a few of you guys and see the a nice group of c's all together.

Once again cheers ron.

Thanks Ron for organising this,was good to meet other Corrado owners,having a good chat,exceptional breakfast and the cruise along the M25 was cool !

Thanks again for attending guys much appreciated meeting up with some familiar and new faces. Could not of wished for a better day company and Corrado chat was also good. Even the breakfast was great.

I agree our welcome by the organiser was great, will send our thanks for the arrangements. Maybe next year we could even have a VW Corrado day with even more members attending would be a great sight in front of the club house.

If anyone has some more ideas for a meet later in the year (August maybe) at a sensible time meeting up for lunch then maybe a drive on their favorite route. Suggestions would be welcome.

Also I am putting together something about our get together at Brooklands and have it published in the CCGB Sprinter with a few pics, because they are short of material. If those who attended could jot something down and email me I could collate them all into one. I would appreciate it my email is [email protected]

Tip if your Matrix goes just disconnect the hoses to it and link together to by pass it until renewed.

I even managed a trip to the Mecedes World site very impressive especialy the Formula 1 car broken down into separate components and suspended from the roof by wires.

I'd like to insert some photos but having probs what am I doing wrong.

See some of you at Stoner.

Ron White

Edited by Rocket Ron
update