fendervg

FYI Passat Centre Sunvisor

Just to let anyone whose interested that the grey Passat middle sunvisor is still available from VW Classic Parts in Wolfsburg. This is the clip on one, not the later 3B one that doesn't really fit and is made out of cheaper plastic.

Part# is 3A0 857 555 A77 and online ordering was easy, cost €27.26 and €7.00 shipping to Ireland with payment by bank transfer.

They look smart and suit the car. Got mine from a breakers for free :thumbleft:

My 98 Passat has it in as well if it helps someone to find a breaking Passat.

What does it clip to? Is it an OE fit or a bodge

The Passat visor is fixed to the Passat with fixing tabs into the headlining strip, we don't have those obviously so its a bodge job! Cut them off and super glued mine in place.

About half way down the page are a few pics and details- http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44255-My-Rado-VR6-Mystic-Blue.-Pleasure-and-Pain!/page14

i was only thinkin about this the other day and how i could do with one.

can you get them in black?

by 98' passat do you mean the new shape?

i was only thinkin about this the other day and how i could do with one.

can you get them in black?

by 98' passat do you mean the new shape?

Yeah '98 Passat will be the round roof Passat, pre-facelift

What does it clip to? Is it an OE fit or a bodge

Mine's fixed to the sunroof cover, that's how it was fixed to the Passat's cover when I got it from the breakers.

Available in grey or beige !

the 88-96 passat one (that is a proper fit to the passat and corrado sunroof motor cover) is probably obselete by now, I've had several out of old passats and they match the corrado sunvisors very well

lol: yes it is available - you can order direct from the classic parts centre, or if you have a nice dealer they will do it for you on the qt! FYI, the part number quoted is the visor that clips on to the sunroof switch/light trim with metal clips, i.e the 88-96 part mentioned above. The later ones don't look as nice and use a screw fixing. Trust me because I've ordered one from german ebay in the past, although only a few squid! It's a tight fit on the facelift cars and needs a bit of a wiggle and prod to flip past the mirror - stop at traffic lights to "deploy".

Do these fit the later corrado's ok? I ask as i managed to get one a while ago (for free) and it clipped on to the sunroof switch trim but i cant deploy it as it hits the rear view mirror.

The older sunvisors look and mount better, but need "help" to get past the mirror - the later ones are more plastic looking and need to be modded and glued but will deploy fine - six of one, half a dozen......typical Corrado stuff. You could always move the mirror and rebond it if feeling really adventurous.

Do these fit the later corrado's ok? I ask as i managed to get one a while ago (for free) and it clipped on to the sunroof switch trim but i cant deploy it as it hits the rear view mirror.

Mine fits a late C fine, I've fitted it to the headlining trim right next to the windscreen and it doesn't catch the rear view mirror at all. You can see how close it sits in the pics on my build thread link I posted up above.

The Passat visor is fixed to the Passat with fixing tabs into the headlining strip, we don't have those obviously so its a bodge job! Cut them off and super glued mine in place.

About half way down the page are a few pics and details- http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?44255-My-Rado-VR6-Mystic-Blue.-Pleasure-and-Pain!/page14

Should simply clip the the sunroof motor cover.. no glueing or bodging needed!

keeps the sun out of your eyes :p

I don't tend to sit in the middle of the car, and at 6ft3 the sun would have to be pretty damn low to be in my eyes ! :D

They're pretty handy for filling the gap over the rear view mirror especially when driving in mornings and evenings at times of the year when the sun is low in the sky. I've found it to be spot on, much better than the one in my mk4 which is too small.

If you're driving in town and need to see signs and traffic lights they also fold up well out of the way.

Or you could just only drive away from the sun :shrug: