krishen

Alfa Romeo SZ

I decided to go for a run yesterday evening at Hyde Park. The car park was full of usual range rovers, couple of phantoms, Maybachs, my Corrado :-) and then i spotted an Alfa. Never seen anything like it. Was an SZ which id never even heard of. i must say it looked striking. Didn't have my phone on me but it looks like this.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=alfa+romeo+sz&hl=en&prmd=ivns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=B9LYTYDNLoPNhAfL9ZCwBg&sqi=2&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1272&bih=622

Wouldn't mind getting my hands on one except it seems just over 1000 were made so not very likely.

Absolutely love these cars. Saw one the other day for the first time in ages. Looked into them on the net and they are very pricey!! Didn't realise they were that rare

there were two in bristol for years.. one round the corner from my house, parked on the street!

not seen either about for ages now though.

There is all ways one at Coleford Carnival of transport, looks like one hell of a nice car

there were two in bristol for years.. one round the corner from my house, parked on the street!

not seen either about for ages now though.

The one I saw was round the back of the tyre depot on Gypsy Patch Lane so maybe one of those

Yeah auto express apparently did some sort of comparison with the three of them ive yet to find a copy of the magazine though

I know a reasonable amount about them.

Designed by Alfa Romeo and built by Zagato - most people believe Zagato designed it but they had nothing to do with the styling

Based on a shortened 75 floorpan, rear 5 speed transaxle, 3 litre 12 valve engine (basically the same spec as the South Africa only Giugario GTV V6) produced 210bhp

Often referred to as Il Mostro (the monster) or its internal title ES30

Build quality was chronically poor, topped out at about 145mph but was a fabulously well balanced car

Just over 1000 produced all in LHD between 1989 and 1991, only official colour was red with tan leather

About 250 RZ roadsters were also produced between 1992 and 1994, in either black, red or yellow although I believe a couple were made in silver and white

The SZ was approx £50 when new, nice examples are now around the £25k

One of my all time favourite cars and close to the top of my "must own one day" list

Thats really odd, only the other day my cousin called me to tell me he had just parked up next to one.

I used to love them but seeing them in the flesh kind of underwhelms me a little now......always nice to see one though - so odd in so many repects.

Anyone ever play the old skool game called supercars

Is that the top trumps one? Only one i seem to remember was the Jag XJ220.

The interior is nice too, with stunning seats. The dash is a similar shape to the Corrado 8)

Was this the red one in one of the side streets off park lane, i've seen one there for years!

My friends brother owns an RZ fabulous looking car (in black) but rare as hell.

Was this the red one in one of the side streets off park lane, i've seen one there for years!

My friends brother owns an RZ fabulous looking car (in black) but rare as hell.

This was actually parked in Hyde Park car park. Not seen it around there before to be honest.