Jim Bowen

Corrado bolts kits on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volkswagen-Corrado-Overhaul-Bolt-Kit-VR6-G60-16V-/160594604235?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25642f30cb

seen this for sale, am quite interested in renewing things like this, and always handy to have bolts and stuff around the garage.

anyone on here bought a set off this guy? is there any reason not to?

alsothe seller appear to be a few miles from my house

Yeah, I noticed these when I was up an Yan's = seems a bit of a random selection to me and says nothing about the quality / tensile strength etc...

I honestly think you're better off using new VAG stuff for brakes / suspension as many of these are 10.9 and 12.9 bolts and also have flange heads etc

The smaller stuff I'd then just replace with stainless like the manifold allen bolts etc

Seems tempting to have direct replacement bolts but there are a few obvious questions I can think of...

1. Are the ones that need to be high tensile steel (bumper bolts etc. ) made from that or mild steel?
  2. how much are the same bolts from VAG? They can't be that expensive, I bought bumper bolts the other day and they where £2 each. most small M6 bolts are about 40p.

Also, if your wanting to just change the non-load baring bolts/nuts you can get non oem marine grade stainless steel for allot cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360228897167&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

whoops Super beat me too it! ^^

and yeah be carefull with brakes /suspension ones as ss isnt strong enough

Unless it's A4-80 grade stainless steel - identical corrosion resistance but with a higher tensile strength equivalent to that of 8.8 high tensile steel

Unless it's A4-80 grade stainless steel - identical corrosion resistance but with a higher tensile strength equivalent to that of 8.8 high tensile steel

Still not high enough...

Glad i never went down this route, just checking the ebay member and the feedbacks :lol:

item never arrived, did get money back after messed with for 3 weeks

Item never arrived, refund was made but very poor communication, disapointed

Seller had problems sourcing bolts but always kept in touch and full refund.

item was not received

Item never turned up and terrible customer service had to open case against him

never recived my item, but got my money back. ok

Looking at the eBay username, I think I know this guy - I met him at a show earlier this year. He seemed decent and honest enough, wonder what went wrong??