Toohottotrot

Great new tool off ebay!

Bought this off ebay this week and finally got chance to give it a test run this evening, brilliant piece of kit. Lifts either end of the car or whole car flat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48927[/ATTACH]

That's awesome!

It is that! Haven't got space for a two post lift at the min so this is next best thing. They also do a "spit" for major rebuild.

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

search for cjautos on ebay.......I bid £325 and they accepted!

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

have you a link ?

Don't bid on the auction ones, make an offer on the buy it now. People are paying £450 in the auction......silly buggers!

that is a great bit of kit, would it slide under a lowered car easy enough, and does it run along the chasis rails then?

My car is low, didn't realise how low till I tried the trolley jack. Had to buy the ultra low one from Machine mart to fit under! The lifting frame slid under with help from the trolley jack under the front subframe on one side. So yep no probs.

Oh and it's adjustable for width so chassis rails or sill area or both.

Nice always wanted one of these, would make getting the car in the air a sinch. One think i hate about working on the car is getting the car in the air and onto axle stands.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Got a link or actual search words, you cant search for sellers.

good find , just what i need for when winter comes and she goes into hibernation . And all the underside work can be sorted .

you can search CJ Autos on google... they have a decent website.

Clearly it works, but does lifting the whole car of the forward part of the sill not worry anyone? How are you supposed to know its fine to do?

Clearly it works, but does lifting the whole car of the forward part of the sill not worry anyone? How are you supposed to know its fine to do?

I question the use of the sills if the engine end is lifted off the wheels, particularly with a VR6. Sills aren't designed for lifting. Even the standard front jacking points are weak for the Corrado at the front points. The floor pan distorts and the doors can loose alignment.

Add a bit of hidden rusting over 20ish years and some may encounter problems.

It would be better for a lifting tool to lift by the tyres/wheels or known chassis points already discussed on here in the past. They do a rachet lift ramp set but that won't clear a lowered Corrado and only just clears a late "spaceship" 1995 suspension height.

Here's the ebay link for one on a buy it now. Keep watching and they list some at £348 + postage. Or try £325 on this one, as I said they accepted my offer. Group buy may also work, I spoke to them on the phone and they were nice people.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mobile-lift-ramp-tilter-restoration-ramp-jig-car-roller-/230634663792?pt=UK_Lifting_Moving_Equipment&hash=item35b2e5af70

I totally agree that you need to be careful where you lift the car, I took the weight very slowly at first and checked the door gaps. That said it does spread the load over a wide area.

Here's a link to someone else selling them at £360 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOBILE-TILTING-CAR-LIFT-RAMP-NEW-/260841155664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cbb582c50

Edited by Toohottotrot

I like to live dangerously! There were a few bags of silica gel in the wrapping, the ones that say "Do not Eat".........I tasted a little!

Edited by Toohottotrot

Can you lock the tilt? ie if you tilt it back and then get under the front, can the car suddenly tilt forward again by accident?

The guy in the video is not using it as per the instructions! Instructions state when lifting the front move the lift as far forward to the front wheels as possible, in this situation it will not tilt. There is a locking pin, I haven't had chance to check this out further....yet! They do say to use axle stands in conjunction with this for safety.

You would be a fool not to though!

Would be good to know if it can be locked to prevent it tilting. It's a bit unnerving watching that demo with the car seesawing back and forth at, apparently, it's own whim - particularly when being dropped back down...

Mark

Interesting, I have been looking at getting some kind of lifting system for my garage, as i no longer have a pit now i have moved. The price is good for this system but like a few have mentioned i am a bit concerned about lifting on the sills and to be honest it looks slightly unsafe to me.

A system i have been looking at getting is this http://www.levo-artis.com/index.html

More expensive but has more possibilities, i.e mot style jacking beam would be brilliant!