24V Renshaw

Renshaw project (probably going to sell / swap)

Cheers. Yeah I am pleased with how it's sitting. Will be able to give it a proper drive tonight after its MOT today and see how it feels. So far it's very solid and tight but that is as much as I have tested...

Jay

What a transformation really from what you bought... absolutely fantastic.

Good luck with the MOT and well done on the quick turn around of the work. Feel free to call round and finish mine any time you like.

All the best, James

Just spoken to the garage and it's passed! Woohoo!! Will find out tonight if there are any advisories etc. but he didn't mention any.

Think I will have to take it for a spin to see how it drives tonight!

Chuffed :)

Jay

Well what can I say!! The car is simply amazing to drive.

Took it out this evening and the ride is firm but tight and with a little more tweaking off the damping it should be just right.

Handling is just sublime. The grip from the contis is amazing even though it was a touch damp. The feedback through the wheel is immense and the chassis just feels so tight and stable.

Brakes bite hard and feel a lot more positive. The short shifter and engine mounts makes a noticeable difference to the sharpness of gear changes.

In contrast when you are not "having some" the car feels smooth and quiet, with just a hint of firmness and stiffer ride.

Drive to work in the morning will tell me more as it will be the bumps and corners I know.

Will measure the arch height tomorrow too for those that are interested.

Cheers

Jay

Having followed you from the M56 into Wilmslow and under the Manchester airport runway bridges on the way home tonight (yeah, it was me in the dirty silver B5 Passat estate that waved at you as you turned off!) I can confirm that this car LOOKS and SOUNDS spot on! 8)

It sits just right and looks completely planted around the corners...

Good work Jay, brightened up my evening somewhat seeing a nice Corrado on the road, even more so when I recognised the plate and realised it was yours! 8)

LOL, ah that was you Henny!

Did notice the debadged grille and thought it must be a dubber! If I had known it was you I would have stopped for a chat. Glad you like it.

Was frustrated I couldn't have a bit more fun, but that's rush hour traffic and 50 limits :)

Absolutely loving driving it as my daily as it stands out amongst all the BMWs, Audis and the like.

Would love to see it on the road from someone else's perspective :)

I will keep my eyes peeled for you.

Jay

Looks really good Jay, and well sorted. Perfect wheels for yout car. VW should make these today, as it would be a propper car in their line up. Good work.

Cheers,

Redfox.

Cheers. Had a good long drive in it today and can honestly say I have not had as much fun on the road for a long time.

So glad I came back to the fold and it's the perfect daily for me :)

Jay

For anyone who is interested, this is the difference between an early VR6 and a late VR6 spring top seat.

The blue one on the right is the earlier type.

aabfd86c.jpg

The standard early one is also much taller, but these are 15mm lowered versions, so are only a few mm taller.

f34d53a2.jpg

Jay

Thanks. It threw me at first as I didn't realise there were different ones.

Trying to add all the pics I have as I was too busy doing it all last week to post them all up.

Nice new lower ball joints and new lock nut plates...

0cdb3740.jpg

Jay

Good stuff, love reading the feedback. What tyre pressure did you settle for? How is the ride at steady speeds on poor urban roads etc, did you get chance to measure the ride height now that its had chance to settle.

Not measured the ride height yet chap, but will do soon.

Not 100% happy with the damping yet as it feels a bit over damped as I may have wound them up a bit too much.

I have 30 psi in the front and 28 in the rear, which I have always found a good compromise.

Jay

Made a cheeky little OEM purchase this afternoon...

b9a1dacd.jpg

Hoping to fit a nice black BBS Badge in the centre to match the wheels.....

Jay

Since replacing all the running gear I can now hear any slight squeeks and rattles in the car and I have been getting an annoying tap randomly in the passenger rear 1/4 area of the car. So I investigated a bit and found the lower pin on the rear seat squab had come unscrewed and was resting in the clip, with the seat not attached.

I don't think the rear seat has ever been out and I reckon over 17 years of the rear seat being tipped forward then backward it has unscrewed itself over time.

So screwed it back in nice and tight and the tap has gone :)

de8f0245.jpg

Also finally got round to measuring the wheel centre to arch height for those that wanted to know (Gareth) and its 308mm on the front amd 310mm on the rear. Identical both sides too which is nice :)

Jay

Edited by 24V Renshaw

Jay, going right back to the beginning of your thread I'm looking at the 4th photo (rear of the car) It looks lob sided to the right. Was there a problem with the car, or is it just the way the photo was taken?

No I think that was just dodgy camera work :)

To be honest though the state of some of the bushes etc I have replaced I was surprised how well it did sit.

Jay

Nothing worse than rattles and taps. I've lost count of the amount of times I've asked Jo to drive my car through the village with me crawling about the car whilst holding and pulling door cards / trim etc.

I used to get bemused looks by the villagers. Now they just laugh.

By the way, who refurbed your wheels ?

Nothing worse than rattles and taps. I've lost count of the amount of times I've asked Jo to drive my car through the village with me crawling about the car whilst holding and pulling door cards / trim etc.

I used to get bemused looks by the villagers. Now they just laugh.

By the way, who refurbed your wheels ?

powder coaters up near me... same as my solitudes.