Pat_McCrotch

What are your Corrado costs to date....

Well yes. For example I bought my 4mo in 2004 when it was 6 months old. I think I paid around £17k back then. It's worth around £3.5k now I guess. So in 7.5 years it has cost me £13.5k in depreciation alone. It is one of the reasons I bought a Corrado as a second car instead of changing the 4mo for something newer like an R32.

Imagine the loss just on depreciation on a new scirocco compared...
Exactly the reason why I don't mind spending on mine each year. I can justify my spending then.Brakes- £700 ishWheels- £350 Interior- £400Repairs and servicing- £5-700Offset by buying and selling parts like the old wheels and S3 seats. I can see spending getting bigger this coming year.

Mmmm three corrados, 6 sets of coilovers, one supercharger, one r32 engine, about 10 interiors, and about 30 sets of alloys, plus all sundries over 9 years.

not even going to start adding it all up lol

karl

Humn, I have enough spares left over to build another 16vg60 block, a roof full of random new old stock bits and a full set of early leather, a box file stacked full of VW receipts so frankly I don't want to know TBH.

It's a lot and that's just parts and next to no labour costs at all..

It's a lot and that's just parts and next to no labour costs at all..

Mine is similarly 90% parts and it must be easily be over 15k in the last 3 years! Dread to think how much it would of cost with labour rates!

not much on the last one, around 1k so far but it's my 5th one so I recon its about 50k since 2002 including car purchases. Only my first one cost me around 20k

on my 3rd one, so i reckon about 25k easlily on all 3 including purchases, bearing in mind on all 3 i replaced most parts with new items....worth it tho, much rather do that than buy a new car for 25k and 3 years later its worth 10!!

since buying mine last october from ive spent just under 3K (that does inc a new stage 4 charger though)and i would do it all again and probably will lol

CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN (FRONT):

Top mounts – Twice (VAG) - £60

Offside wishbone (VAG) - £75

Nearside wishbone – Twice (VAG) - £150

Lower Ball Joints (pair) (VAG)

ARB Drop links (VAG)

Track Rods + Ends (pair) - £110

Front wheel bearings (VAG)

Steering rack gaiters (VAG)

CHASSIS & DRIVETRAIN (REAR):

Powerflex rear axle bushes, + fixings - £60

Rear wheel bearings (VAG) - £40

SUSPENSION:

Weitec Ultra GT lowering kit (1st ) - £357

Pi lowering springs (2nd ) - £90

KW Variant 1 coil overs (3rd & current) - £570

Front Bumpstops & Covers (VAG)

Rear Bumpstops & Covers (VAG)

ENGINE:

Coolant Hose, Block to heater (VAG) - £55

Samco coolant hoses & Stainless clips - £240

Gruvenparts radiator neck - £40

Gruvenparts crack pipe - £70

Coil pack (Beru)- £75

HT leads (Beru)- £90

Radiator (VAG) - £188

Thermostat & Housing (VAG)

Magnex catback - £160

Clutch (VAG)- £340

Aux Water Pump (VAG)- £110

BRAKING SYSTEM:

Front nearside brake caliper 280mm (VAG) - £70

Front Caliper upgrade - 288mm (VAG) - £65

Front Discs & Pads - 288mm (Brembo) - £70

Rear Brake Caliper upgrade - Mk4 Golf (VAG) - £187

Rear Discs & Pads (Brembo) - £60

Goodridge Braided brake hoses all round (6no.) - £65

All brake pipes replaced

Handbrake cables (VAG)

MISC:

Audi TT wiper arms & Aero Wipers (VAG) - £105

Headlamp Protectors - £30

Headlamp Lens (VAG) - £30

FK De-badged front grill - £30

Leather Gear knob (VAG) - £25

Pedal Rubbers (VAG) - £13

Original Speedline Alloys refurbished

Offside Front Foglight (VAG) - £70

All exterior badges replaced

Set of wheel nut covers

Clear Side repeaters

Roof aerial gasket

Headlamp Switch & Wiring loom (VAG) - £60

Bonnet release cable (VAG)

Subframe bolts renewed (VAG)

BMC cda Air induction kit - £90

got loads of paperwork i need to sort out

I'm glad I'm not the only one who spends loads on the car!

£2500 in yr 1 excluding fuel, tax and insurance. Car looks standard excluding wheels.

Would love to have the car respray but that could easily be another £2k!

Not this AGAIN!!

Personally, I don't feel the need to add up the cost of motoring. I can't unspend the money so it's not even worth a second thought.

It's all about life balance. If you have somewhere to live and can support your family etc, then spend what you like on the car, it's no one's business but your own.

Calm down Kev! I'm a facts and figures man as you know :D I suppose it's what you get out of it at the end of the day so the cost is irrelevant, just interesting to see.

Interestingly, I took my £1,000 Accord Type R (which I begrudge spending any money on and treat like crap) to Snetterton and it was giving cars 30x the price a hard time. The Honda feels alive on the track and not so good on the road. Whereas the Corrado is amazing on the road and with it's shocking brakes and soft suspension probably sheeeet on the track (in standard form).

So why does the Corrado get treated like a Queen, have no expense spared and not even get driven in the rain? There's just something about it that gets under my skin and the general respect it commands make it worth the investment. Without sounding big headed the enthusiam from people when you say you have a Corrado VR6 would probably be the same as if you told them you had a GT3-RS or R34 Nissan Skyline.

i think for most people they will be surprised by how little their cars have cost them, especially when outweighed against depreciation of newer cars.

i also think that when you factor in the cars also being my hobby as well as transport, where i've travelled, who i've met etc it's provided amazing value for money.

anyway.. better get to bed, going to buy another one in the morning!

The big difference for me between spending on this car and spending on another is that (so far) I enjoy spending on the Corrado as I see it getting better with every little step. As mentioned by others, it's a hobby not just a tool.

With other cars it's a chore spending money. For example the 4Mo had a couple of advisories on it's MOT this month. I'll get them done at some point. But with the Corrado I'd have already had it done. That may all change of course when I get faced with a big bill, of course.

I always pay by debit card, that way it softens the blow and I dont get to see the cash!

My accountant called me recently and said, 'who are TPS? You have an awful lot of receipts from them'!

I will tot it all up one day, when im sitting down...

Though the smile factor when you have been working till stupid o'clock in a cold garage/workshop, like doing OBD2 for e.g and turning the key for the first time was a moment of pure happiness which really is priceless. I was like Jim Carrey transforming into the Mask lol

......Whereas the Corrado is amazing on the road and with it's shocking brakes and soft suspension probably sheeeet on the track (in standard form).

It’s actually not so bad. I had loads of fun at Brands Hatch back in February. Sure it’s not as quick as the Focus STs and Mk5 Golf Gtis but I still had a great time. The front pads were smoking a bit towards the end of the day but apart from that it was flawless the whole day (about 108 laps of Indy circuit).

It was wearing old dampers (since then fitted new rear dampers) and ditchfinders at the front. The only upgrade was 288mm fronts and Jetex exhaust.

My car is in the workshop this week for a new heater matrix and a few things, if all goes well I should be going to Bedford track day at the end of October.

It was wearing old dampers (since then fitted new rear dampers) and ditchfinders at the front.

Ditchfinders - :bonk:- genuinely made me laugh out loud. Getting very funny looks from my staff now.

Bought this time last year, done 9000+ miles in it, haven't spent a penny other than fuel at an average of 38mpg :) I'm about to MOT it so I spose I should change the oil at the same time.

Calm down Kev! I'm a facts and figures man as you know :D I suppose it's what you get out of it at the end of the day so the cost is irrelevant, just interesting to see.

Interestingly, I took my £1,000 Accord Type R (which I begrudge spending any money on and treat like crap) to Snetterton and it was giving cars 30x the price a hard time. The Honda feels alive on the track and not so good on the road. Whereas the Corrado is amazing on the road and with it's shocking brakes and soft suspension probably sheeeet on the track (in standard form).

So why does the Corrado get treated like a Queen, have no expense spared and not even get driven in the rain? There's just something about it that gets under my skin and the general respect it commands make it worth the investment. Without sounding big headed the enthusiam from people when you say you have a Corrado VR6 would probably be the same as if you told them you had a GT3-RS or R34 Nissan Skyline.

I wasn't in the least bit het up mate, I just don't see the need for yet another "How much have you spent on your Corrado?" thread when we've been here at least 5 or 6 times already :D You like stats and figures, I like tidy forums :D