coullstar

Lucky number 7 - sold but 911 in its place

I got all excited when you said you were going 'all in'..... :lol:

Be very intrigued to see what you've gone for. I've been trying a few different cars lately myself, but nothing I've been completely convinced with enough to sell the 'rado.

Lol, that wont be for long though it will get wrecked. One of the main ideas was to give the RS4 a break for a couple of years and I can do some work on it but S2 is having a few little issues so its my main transport.

Its a Porsche 996 C4s that Ive gone for. I love the shape of them, they seem quite sought after and I prefer the interior on it to a 997. Its seems more Porsche like. Im very very lucky to be in a position to do it and may never again so I decided to just go for it whilst I can. 6 months down the line I may not have been in the same position.

Thing is none of the cars you've got or are moving on are gonna lose money.. 996's can't get any cheaper, and stuff like the RS4 must be only going one way right now so... has to be better than money in the bank!

Thing is none of the cars you've got or are moving on are gonna lose money.. 996's can't get any cheaper, and stuff like the RS4 must be only going one way right now so... has to be better than money in the bank!

Completely agree. Buying sensible and fun is key at the moment.

Love the 996, and I'm sure the C4S will be a great car. It's definitely on my 'to try' list as I attempt to make a decision on mine. Looking forward to seeing the pics mate

So had the 996 for a couple of weeks now but not had a lot of time to try it out. However I did drive it 500+ miles back home from picking it up in Bath. Its amazing, I love it and I can see why people get hooked on them. Its feels faster than I thought it would and sound lovely when you wind it up even with the std exhaust fitted. I might get a slightly louder exhaust fitted but otherwise nothing needs changed at all. It certainly feels special.

Couple of photos from the advert as I don't have good ones yet.

A Porsche 911 and an RS4... not a bad garage really mate. The 911 looks superb :)

Superb, nice colour and 4WD for the winter :o

The Blue Turbo they have is nice as well, but a bit pricey

It was from them yes. The turbo is about the going rate now. He actually warned me of them a little as he said there a nightmare to work on as everything is stuffed in.

C4s is 3.6 with about 320bhp. Fast enough with that.

Hey guys, Im still lurking on here. Little update on the C4s, not really used it that much for a number of reasons. Managed to swap out the front splitter for a turbo one and took the car for drive but starting leaking coolant. Its the offside rad so currently up on axle stands waiting for a new one to turn up. Took the opportunity to fit a low temp thermostat (helps with preventing bore scoring), the parts are relatively cheap for these and there actually quite easy to work on. My god they use a lot of coolant though.

Planning on using it a bit more so it also gave me a good opportunity to coat a lot of front/arches etc in Dinitrol.

IMG_1226_zpse7ir3jka.jpg

IMG_1227_zpsw2gaq6cb.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsjvmxxvip.jpg

IMG_1241_zps8w5au1dp.jpg

Good to see that 911 at least seems fairly DIYable. Looks like you've got some good roads for a car like that too. Would be pointless where I live!

Yeah have to admit I wouldn't like to have one of these in a busy area. It would be wasted. I realize how lucky I am with the roads we can go play on.