coullstar

Lucky number 7 - sold but 911 in its place

Weel wheels arrived yesterday, was all set to get tyres on today so took them out to check everything over.

As you can probably see from colour all is not right with one of them, will see what they say about that. Few other little things as well.

Are those the 16" Comps? Look awesome.

Are those the 16" Comps? Look awesome.

8x17, ET35. Same as the previous group buy. Yeah they are awesome and will work well as the car will be more track style focused. Techtonics exhaust and DS2500's going on tonight. Glad they are grey so its different from Goldie's car.

Good grief those wheels are the bomb..........!!! Wil look awesome in the dark grey on the silver car....post some pics ASAP!!

Thanks, yeah it should look good. Should get the wheels back tomorrow with tyres on. Managed to fit the exhaust tonight, god I forgot how much adjustment they need. Still not right but sounds good. Also finally managed to fit my Dave 16v short shift, nice improvement.

Did you manage to remove the back box and extend the pipe , wheels are amazing , if your going to the national day dont park next to me lol

Nope the hangers fell apart from the standard exhaust so had to remove the lot. Not going to national day, I have a trackday at Knockhill that day and hopefully some other fello Corrado owners will be there for a mini meet.

Thanks but it needs a lot if tidying up which will happen just not at the moment.

Performed well on track if it a little slow. Standard gearing is bollocks for the track to be honest and road tyres just cant cope with the weight. On a positive side the brakes ducts and DS2500's performed very well, didnt have any fade at all. Also the baffled sump seems to have helped with oil temp as even on a long stint in hot weather the max I saw was 126c and normally ran about 120c that is with standard oil cooling system. Compare that to last track day on a Novemeber day where it would go to 130c quite quickly.

Someone found a quick pick of me, I took out the drivers side headlight after this to help get some colder air to the air filter.

Really needs a 3.68FD and some trackday tyres on the standard wheels.

That pic looks ripe for the Corrado forum calendar to me, not that I'd ever hang such a thing on my wall :D

I can't believe you tracked it on those stupidly heavy wheels, but fair play :D You defo need the 3.68 if lugging those heavy boots around, lol.

You certianly notice a difference with them on but no more than any other 17's Ive had to be honest. I couldnt use my 15's as I still have tyres on from the last track day in Nov 2011 and they wouldnt have lasted. Defo needs some appropriate tyres as I was so slow in the corners compared to others because of that.

Most other cars were track dedicated or with silly power so I was a bit of a mobile chicance. There was a newish GTR that was unbelievably quick and sounded flippin amazing, still wouldnt have one though.

Those and the ZW1s were the heaviest 'feeling' wheels I put on the Corrado. It may be something to do with 8J as well! It does look very good on them though. Silver + dark wheels is a good match.

I wouldn't own a GTR either. I've seen quite a few videos of them now and they seem very noisy inside and quite bouncy over bumps? There was an Autocar youtube clip featuring a GTR vs Audi S6 or S4 avant and the GTR wasn't that much faster overall, but the Audi was in a different league for ride comfort, refinement and quality, which is more my bag these days!

Just realised over 2 years of ownership on this. I think thats a record for me. Nothings changed, still as is. Cant really be arsed spending any real money on it so it will be the same for a while I think and just get regular services/thrashes.

I heard Compomotive have gone bust so glad I bought these wheels with a spare now.

I heard Compomotive have gone bust so glad I bought these wheels with a spare now.

Not surprised by that in the slightest. Typical old school English company not keeping up with the times, expensive, slow to deliver and patchy quality.

Well had the car out on Saturday for the first time in a good while. Started first time no bother and took it for a blast. Still good fun.

Had my Audi on the dyno on Saturday after a map tweak and fitting some biggers intercoolers.

Results were VERY good. Basically 498bhp and 420ftlbs. Not too shabby.

A couple of vids for your enjoyment.

Decided to try and attack this thing over the winter with an aim to get something more track relaiable.

Ive got a pretty much full set of powerflex bushes sitting so will try and get as much as them on. Ordered some Federal 595 RSR tyres today as there was a good deal going (£250 delivered for 15's) so I'll probablty throw them on the Speedlines. If the compo's dont sell I'll probably put them on the Golf and put the RC's back on this for normal use.

I think clutch needs doing as well so will look at options for that. Aim is to still keep it usable so interior will stay as is but may look into a different drivers seat but its still supposed to be a budget car.

Love the audi mate its a beast , cool vids

Corrado is looking good in that pic aswell , i wouldnt have guessed that the wheels was heavy with the

Being motorstorty !

Makes me wonder if mine are heavy , whats the average guid for heavy / light wheels ?

I had some of those ducts aswell but decided against them do you see much difference with them ?

Iv toyed with the idea of loosing the rear seats and trying to save some weight but not sure the saving would be great enough

All 17's other than OZ's ultraleggrea are around 10kg. They are nice wheels but track tyres in 17's are bloomin expensive so I thought Id go for 15's and have some wheels in the same size for road/spares if I needed them. Its looks and drive fine on the 17's, its just that from a cost perspective 15's will be better for me.

Love the audi mate its a beast , cool vids

Corrado is looking good in that pic aswell , i wouldnt have guessed that the wheels was heavy with the

Being motorstorty !

Makes me wonder if mine are heavy , whats the average guid for heavy / light wheels ?

I had some of those ducts aswell but decided against them do you see much difference with them ?

Iv toyed with the idea of loosing the rear seats and trying to save some weight but not sure the saving would be great enough

Sorry missed this post. Regarding the air ducts to the wheels wells I think they worked well. I will look into a bracket and maybe run some piping directly to the behind the discs as well.

Compo's are around the same as most 17's so there not heavy in that respect. Decided to put them on the other halfs Mk4 4motion and get my RC's back as they are a lot lighter, tyres are less stretched and I could use them as road/wet track wheels/tyres.

Ive bought the plug in Schroth harnesses that were for sale and also the front strut brace. I'll look for a rear ARB as well.

Keeping interior as it is as I would still like to use the car without compromise if needed. Might get one of my spare steering wheels coated in alcantara.

Its now out to play as the Audi is tucked up ready to get the brakes done and rear ARB fitted that Ive had sitting about.

Edited by coullstar

Wee update as I decided to get this out after sitting for a month or so. Compomotives were sold. Bought some nice 16in TT wheels as I was needing tyres for the Speedlines and these wheels had excellent tyres. Track day plan is out the window as Im far to busy to even think about them this year plus there is a bambino on the way which is slightly more important.

I think Im going to replace the Techtonics exhaust with the OE exhaust as the car could soon be back on semi-daily duties and I want it as civilised as possible. Maye even go back to standard suspension! Using it all this week to see how I get on. Bodywork is getting a little tired but Im not spending money on that now so will just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt get any worse.

Looks fab on Mini comps bud. Is the techtonics really that loud? I understand they're supposed to be excellent.