dragon green

Now with new paint and leather

Looking good mate. Spoiler looks sweet.

I can't help but think that you need some bigger/wider wheels to finish it off though?

Edited by Abdul

like the spoiler mate

could you get a pic from the side with the spoiler down ? i'm guessing it follow the lines of the car better?

cheers

like the spoiler mate

could you get a pic from the side with the spoiler down ? i'm guessing it follow the lines of the car better?

cheers

5284f8bc-37d9-acd4.jpg

Trying to get a pic of my carbon fibre number plate surround,seems rather camera shy ! Or it's my ****e I-phone 4 !

5284e9e9-1a71-ea5b.jpg

Thanks spoonfed !

Who said it's de-badged ? lol

5284e9e9-1b33-06db.jpg

Did a round trip of 396 miles today ! (still got half a tank) you gotta love the diesel boxes.

Took the car back to TSR where I had the engine transplant done a few years back.Had a few running problems since the accident ! Turned out the ECU had reset itself back to "safe"mode .

Both maps installed,225 &270bhp, well happy again.

Just the traction control to sort,and I will be back were I was before the accident !

Just been reading through your "re-build and "re-spray" posts. Your car looks really well now and the subtle body mods whilst in the shop, make a cool car look even cooler.

Just been reading through your "re-build and "re-spray" posts. Your car looks really well now and the subtle body mods whilst in the shop, make a cool car look even cooler.

Thanks for the kind words,

I was trying to make it smoother,mainly so it was easier to wash ! lol

I feel like the cars testing me !

Took it in to have a front wheel bearing done this morning. On the way in, went to undo the drivers window,one of the cables snapped !

Left a note with my mechanic if he could have a look, picked it up on the way home from work,bearing done,and a new window regulator/motor fitted (VAG) £225 !!

I think I've finally defeated the electrical gremlins that were plaguing me since the respray.

Ouch! a bill you could have done without :( car really is looking good though on a plus note, you gotta be happy with it after what happened. Result indeed!

Ouch! a bill you could have done without :( car really is looking good though on a plus note, you gotta be happy with it after what happened. Result indeed!

I am more then happy, I look forward to going to work ! But coming home even more ! lol

I will be at the AGM on the 1st,

Probably working the door for the secret handshake !

Did a round trip of 396 miles today ! (still got half a tank) you gotta love the diesel boxes.

Took the car back to TSR where I had the engine transplant done a few years back.Had a few running problems since the accident ! Turned out the ECU had reset itself back to "safe"mode .

Both maps installed,225 &270bhp, well happy again.

Just the traction control to sort,and I will be back were I was before the accident !

great work on the repair front looking very nice and clean,out of intrest what gearbox are you using? what rpm do you have at say 70mph,cheers keep up the great work

I have a Mk3 golf diesel box, code CTN it's an O2a,so a straight fit. I also have a wavetrac fitted.

70mph reads about 2400rpm, there's a thread on here "best gear ratios for a G60" thats where I did all my research, Dannyboy on here has an even higher ratio one fitted then mine ! Top gear is really good for the mpg on motorways have a read of this/

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?p=748664

Edited by dragon green

Fitted Dave's short shifter kit today,well impressed,only used half a blade in the dremel !

It does really make a difference,everyone should have one !

My exhaust has started to rattle,it turns out,the baffle has come loose in the centre box !

F**IN Magnex,lifetime guarantee,no wonder they went bankrupt !

Still not sorted the Racelogic,Vince has looked at it,tested it,just need to book it in !

This arrived Saturday morning,

5284eef4-1e41-b398.jpg

Backlit gauges from Spoonfed,checkout the rev counter ! 20vt ! Backlit in green,with white illuminated needles,

Unlike the DDI backlits that you have to splice the wires into,I have taken the power from within !

Had a dry run on one of my spare instrument clusters,very pleased with how it's come out.

Backlits and needles all work on the dimmer,

You will have to take my word for it,as pics will be a few weeks coming ! lol

Found my rattle on the exhaust,the cat has decided its had enough !

Cars in at Stealth on the 1st May for the racelogic to be sorted.

Stay tuned in for more updates !

Up at Stealth yesterday, Vince has now sorted my Racelogic, one of the rear ABS sensors was giving a weak signal, but not weak enough to effect the ABS,

A new sensor was the order of the day,

Back to warp factor 7 !

Edited by dragon green

Hello & congrats on a fine looking car. i have a quick question if you dont mind: how did you prep the handles for paint? rub, fill, rub spray?

Hello & congrats on a fine looking car. i have a quick question if you dont mind: how did you prep the handles for paint? rub, fill, rub spray?

Sorry,the paint shop did them when it was resprayed,I don't know what kind of preparation was involved !

Left Stealth Yesterday afternoon and made my way down the M5 to Bridgewater. A night in the Travel lodge,

All bright eyed and bushy tailed for my next stage of the journey !

Five minutes later at TSR for a new cat and exhaust to be fitted.

528488a3-762b-bb5a.jpg

TIG welded the Cat

5284f89f-766c-645f.jpg

From the down pipe looking back, Cat and small silencer can be seen

52848b66-76bf-16cb.jpg

The all important tail pipe,looks flush,but when warm,extends by about an inch !

Note how dirty my st/st tank straps are !

Round trip back to my house of 465 miles,and I still have over a quarter a tank of petrol !

My Magnex will be up for sale as soon as I've cleaned it !

Looks good...Iam still on my original VR exhaust. Ive got a second hand stainless steal exhaust and sports cat to put on but not had the chance yet. Iam just worried that the lambda end maybe difficult to disconnect from the old cat on mine.