Alex_G60_Fanatic

Window Rollers - on hiatus due to c*ck up

Hi Alex - Mine arrived today all in one piece - postage date the 20th Dec. blooming royal mail what ever has gone wrong here is not your fault. If someone hasn't said so already I bet the feckers left the envelopes out in the rain of something!

Thanks again for sorting this - hope work sorts itself out.

Smudge

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Hi Alex - Mine arrived today all in one piece - postage date the 20th Dec. blooming royal mail what ever has gone wrong here is not your fault. If someone hasn't said so already I bet the feckers left the envelopes out in the rain of something!

Thanks again for sorting this - hope work sorts itself out.

Smudge

Hello,

I shattered mine today while reinstalling them on a new regulator (A1 electric) on my passenger door. How can I get a set?

One of my rollers escaped from the mech last week - found it in the bottom of the door and reinstalled it but it's incredibly squeaky now! There's copper anti-seize over everything so I assume someone's bodged it in the past. Anybody know what grease is correct for them? Would white lithium be ok? Will be stripping everything out of the doors for my respray soon so I can give it all a good clean then.

Stone

A wild stab , i need 2 rollers is there any left ?

Update i rang every dealer i could find , found some in southend 4 off bought all 4 lol

Edited by Nathan Harvey
Got sum !

Been posting on another thread but thanks to a pointer, found this one.

Are these rollers still available ? Really do need to shut the rattling up so it would be awesome.

I need 4 rollers, assuming that will be 2 sets ?

Please let me know as soon as you are able :)

Cheers.

Al.

Im also looking for 2 sets, 4 roller, enough to replace two doors,etc.....lol. Can i also be informed if these are still available please. :)

Might be worth getting another batch made if Alex could give us the details??

Probably be easier if someone paid for them outright, then folks could buy them as required, bit less stress all at once for whoever was orginising?

Edited by BILLCOR

sounds like the door window is about to smash if you close the door with the window open - are new rollers needed?

sounds like the door window is about to smash if you close the door with the window open - are new rollers needed?

If you're getting a loud rattle that sounds like metal on glass, then the arm's probably just popped off the roller. If it's rattling as you drive along with the window closed, drop it an inch - if it stops then that's what's happened. Get the door card off and press it back in :) Be aware they take quite a bit of force, but you're pressing on the metal bracket at the bottom of the window, not on the glass, so nothing to worry about. Give it some grease and put it back together again - it should last you quite a while. If not then you could try swapping the rollers around between locations which should keep you going until another group buy kicks off.

Stone

cheers for the advice stone :thumbleft:

tbh the window doesn't really rattle at all when I'm driving along! just I hideous noise if the door is closed with the window open. when the window is open i can easily move it an inch upwards by pulling up on it with my hands..

I'll have a look, and swapping over the rollers isn't a bad idea. cheers!

has anyone tried making their own new rollers using a lathe?

Edited by dingo

It would be awkward, there's an internal 'lip' which holds the ball on the end of the arm. Not impossible, just a pain.

I was thinking of 3D printing using the White Strong Flexible material from Shapeways but found four spares in a pair of windows I bought so didn't bother doing the CAD in the end :) Might be a sensible way to go in future as you don't have to worry about tooling costs or limited runs...

Stone

I could do with a set, the garage that replaced my door didn't use all the internals from my old one and now the window rattle is a pita!

anyone remember how much a pair of these were? I might have some in the garage that I could let go, Can't promise I do, how many could be there or how soon i'd find them though! :lol:

I could really use a set too. My passenger side window is driving me nuts after only being back on the road a day! I have to crack it open very slightly to stop it rattling like mad!

as a stopgap you could use a couple of layers of duct tape on the alloy frame where the wheels run to take out the slack. Just make sure its pressed down very well.