ben_wooduk

Corrado VR6 - K22 BRW

Anyone run a gamma 3 with an AUX input? There are plenty of connectors on eBay claiming to fit a gamma 3 but the connector doesn't look right at all, looks way too small!

I may have answered my own question, this looks like it would fit, not cheap though:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F392314764973

Any VR6 fuel tank experts here? Herritage are offering this at £22 + free delivery which really isn't bad!

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/1H0201650-fuel-tank-strap-kit.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw95D0BRBFEiwAcO1KDJxlb3rPb4MTBadayBZUXa6wYcmQmlHF2u-E4XZo5XaCjBeBsItyPRoCAfAQAvD_BwE

But whilst the description states this:

To fit
Mk2 Golf 84-92 Excluding Syncro model
Mk2 Jetta 84-92
Mk3 Golf 92-98 Excluding estate
Corrado 89-91 with a 55 Litre Tank

Lower down the page it states:

FOR VEHICLES

Product Vehicle Years
Jetta 1984 - 1992
Golf Mk2 1984 - 1992
Golf Mk3 1992 - 1998
Corrado 1989 - 1995
Vento 1992 - 1998

So i'm a bit confused! I know ebay offer stainless ones but i'm not sure how i feel about having something blingy on show, think i'd rather they be black.

I’d get the stainless ones and have them powder coated, they’re should look great forever as when the coating chips the rust wouldn’t get underneath and scab it. 

6 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

I’d get the stainless ones and have them powder coated, they’re should look great forever as when the coating chips the rust wouldn’t get underneath and scab it. 

Cheers, thats a fair point and makes more sense.

Do you know if its the 70 litre tank or 55 for a late rado? Seems to be 2 versions available. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vr6-GOLF-CORRADO-MIRROR-STAINLESS-STEEL-GOLF-TANK-STRAPS-70-litre/233515822387?hash=item365ea0ad33:g:srIAAOxy9tpSA0~7

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK2-MK3-GOLF-CORRADO-MIRROR-STAINLESS-STEEL-GOLF-TANK-STRAPS-55-litre/233545576683?hash=item366066b0eb:g:fk0AAOxy7S5SA0~-

70l for late

They're not blingy as they're only visible if you're under the car, I think chipped paint would eventually look a bit shabby

Edited by stuarttaylor37
Typo

i don’t think you’ve thought that through properly.
Cars are made of steel instead of stainless for cost reasons. If a car made of stainless steel received a nick to the paint it would just stay a nick but the car made of steel with the same nick in the paint would have it’s nick pretty quickly turn into a rust scab that eats away under the paint/coating, flaking it off and eating through the steel if left unchecked. 

It doesn't really need thinking about in my opinion 

Stainless straps that have been painted will eventually chip and mark

Then you have a painted finish with shiny bits poking through

It doesn't have to be rusty to look shabby

They would be blasted to remove the shine before coating. They only shine because they are polished and there isn’t much that would adhere to that.
But hey it’s a free world I ain’t going to insist or talk anybody into anything that’s a bad idea or they don’t want to do. 

Cheers for the help and comments all 👍👍

When i receive them I'll probably test fit anyway so I'll make a judgement on what they look like on the car. 

I'd like them to look reasonably standard fit, hence the black paint comment, in my head they would stand out a mile.....

Does anyone know if the white plastic tabs for the windscreen scuttle are still available?

I found a post from Redfox with part numbers but its 10 years old! 

In Etka on picture 158-00, they sit with a screw part no. N 013 969 4 plus washer and clip no. 811 807 577 C in each side, and 10 pieces of 535 853 832 A plus 10 pieces of dowels no. 535 853 837 along the trim, plus the usual clips in front. The sucures the trim far better than black sticky stuff I used to have.

Removing plastic windscreen trim - Exterior - The Corrado Forum (the-corrado.net)

I might just take a drive over to Stafford VW to the parts department (if they are open and letting people in) but i don't have a very good success rate, usually the response is always DISCONTINUED!

Not available from VW, any more  but a number of sellers on eBay have 3D printed them - do a search with the part number and they should pop up, otherwise I know some on here have bought some recently and should be along to let you know.

2 hours ago, fendervg said:

Not available from VW, any more  but a number of sellers on eBay have 3D printed them - do a search with the part number and they should pop up, otherwise I know some on here have bought some recently and should be along to let you know.

Cheers mate. Found them on eBay but Jesus £50 is a bit steep! Think I might have to join the windscreen fitter party and use a bit of silicon, or maybe registration plate tape!

2 hours ago, ben_wooduk said:

Brilliant cheers mate! How the hell did you find that??

I think I first spotted it on Facebook, corrado club France, also seen it advertised a few times on different Facebook pages 

Finally manged to get myself a set of 16" Speedlines but i never thought they would be brand new! Massive thanks to MJA for that one! After calling Speedline (who are situated in Telford just down the road) at midday, they were on my front door step the next morning! Quality service!

Properly chuffed with them, think slightly lower and a pair of slim spacers out back will make me a little happier though 🙂 My only gripe is with the centre caps, i'm not a fan. I don't like them being black rather than silver (which is obviously an easy fix) but it would be awesome if i could get some flush standard look centre caps like the originals. They are the same size but totally different fitment. I've been trying to convince myself to buy a 3d printer for a while now and i might just have found the reason! Someone has already scanned the original centre caps. here ; VW Corrado SpeedLine (VR6) center cap by hendrik6073 - Thingiverse

I'll just add it to the growing list of parts i have stacking up, i wish my garage was big enough to work in!

IMG_20210504_185524.jpg

26.jpg

IMG_20210505_131042.jpg

That....... looks...... EPIC! 

Mine are still piled up in the corner of my living room 😞

Best wheel for the Corrado hands down. Ok we're biased but it's true.

2 hours ago, MJA said:

That....... looks...... EPIC! 

Mine are still piled up in the corner of my living room 😞

Best wheel for the Corrado hands down. Ok we're biased but it's true.

🤣 Ha ha no arguements from me!! Proper happy with them, owe you big time for it!!

If we ever get to a show this year you need to be sporting your set too!!!

That would be good. My car is sitting in my garage without a fuel tank and front end at the moment. We will get there it's just one of my daily drivers has blown it's turbo so am working on that one when i get time. My projects are taking longer than expected - this white car was meant to be finished but wasn't happy with a few aspects post respray. 

Fre1e-9MdYGjiLRbUP3YamsH0OXUD5nQfW6qu98guHrtFdqFJl_onZ-wK4yXaB3cKJSgCn5imKMb8OYNT6o6siuUWvwywccPiw0e7X2FxVz3yfLQxPK1v8UiXGEbNioY_BI4YD8S-AYaFyIQJTDOuRR8R27wmxokMwouo88NnzDUSaPn7HVvjO6RGCpVaHmKBJ1nIkAj2DXQyPYlZJxqp_skMqna5j6LeZsgRee9FwMik4eDsszp8VlmJvqAGY-vbms8WLJBzVHuYS9apM8-Ot2KAzZjLTItDJAlRhps5iSPqYJF12G3P3ax7lMywBSmMeYtQZxd0Dt_O6FGzocQ8fcXfCNDQKFSIp5ssFGYQioX4hcmz7p7Aj3YFeVCSdxzxBNbkzfQLWsszvlcbha2NXYoHQ9606V0IDpK3i1TzBkRaVPJg8IndBKcvBXobytdSlT7qnoAzqK6vkED6Jb3QjgPCyjhBFWF1Ik9SQioNGCAf02xoZd-MrzIw0-1WCrroJ5o8Qsd6XRCdhPCTNvIFhPQ1vUE3Rfbf9Fer1gMNzlpFPsqxvrcJR-9vtHfhpE6Wthift3qvTvL0FyHlolt7kc-j0krsHZV9fCLVsdW-BBZLRNgVKDJkGoqLz9bMKigcZPXI1juKx8DuVIll7nKrAXkjOjj-Mx4nN3S2Dxq6aL93Vn4DR9FQLVz0WzubSJcwvu9fnZMIqnCWZ0QnOj130U_iA=w1010-h757-no?authuser=0

Are these the Speedline Type 2110 Challenge wheels from their website, or some other variation? They look really well, I'll bet you're chuffed!

Very nice alloys - always been more of Speedline fan then BBS= love the RuF Speedlines .  They have been owned by Ronal for sometime . 

Edited by Keyo