Sign in to follow this  
Zonda_

Bentley manuals

I want to buy one of these to find out details of my Corrado 2.0l 16v engine. Where can I buy them? I've looked on Amazon but the closest I can find is one for the Golf.

I want to buy one of these to find out details of my Corrado 2.0l 16v engine. Where can I buy them? I've looked on Amazon but the closest I can find is one for the Golf.

AFAIK Bentley manual only covers the US market models........so G60 and 2.8 VR6 then :wink:

and i think the Lindsey Porter manual doesnt cover the later 2.0 16v engine either :roll: .......

The bentley manual DOES only cover the g60 and american VR6 engined cars... :?

IIRC the passat also used the 2.0 16V engine so try and get hold of a haynes for a Passat (91 to 96 IIRC) which should detail the full rebuild of a 2.0 16V engine in it... My pink passat manual was invaluable when I put a KR 16v into a MKI golf... 8)

So far all the work i've done on my 2.016v has been either through the Forum or through my old Mk2 golf Haynes manual and also the knowledge that i encountered whilst working on my Mk2 16v as i believe that the engines in both cars are very similar. So if i were you i'd try and get hold of the haynes manual for the golf 3 or passat as the 2.016v engines in them from memory are almost identical to that of the one in the Corrado.

Zonda,

The 9A 16V in the Corrado is the same as the 35i Passat, the MK3 Golf motor is different. Information on the engine is very rare. I got some stuff from direct from a girl at Haynes. She photocopied, what I now know was the official VW manual. I bought one at great expense off ebay a bit back. :cry:

I have been meaning to scan it but haven't got around to it yet. :roll:

Most of the info you can get on the KR would probably do you. The injection and ignition is quite different though.

For instance, it is not possible to alter the tickover speed of a 9A. The idle screw should be wound right in.

If you have a specific question I could read up for you. PM and I'll post it for everyone to read.

Gavin