Hi

I keep getting a message coming up when I'm on the site saying that the site is down. It comes from Cloudflare. It says that it can't offer me a saved page because it is not held in the cache. Normally I use Chrome, it happened just now and so I thought how about IE. Got straight on. Is there a mismatch between the forum and Chrome?

Anyone else getting this?

I get it frequently from my phone (android, so also on chrome). Very annoying.

Thanks for coming back to me. Had wondered if some setting was wrong or my wife had figured out how to time out the forum - LOL

It's a server side problem.. has bugger all to do with what operating system / browser / internet provider you have...! :)

Hey, just wanted to say this happens to me all the time (at least 2 times a day - thought I troll the forums like hundreds of times a day, so it's still a small percentage). Also I use 3 different PC's (including one at work - so this got to be be server related as Jim suggested)

It usually shows as ever loading page, then I'm seeing CloudFlare message about website being down - but if I try (from that message) the "live version of the site" it always loads fine straight away.

Not sure if it helps, but it just happened when I tried to upload some photos. I tweeted Andy but just thought I would mention it...Not sure if I should retry my uploads now?

Cloudfare comes into play when it thinks the server is unreachable.

We are having some network issues and I'm working with the hosting provider to solve it!

for the last 2 days ive been having issues getting on the site from multiple locations / differnt ISP's.. using the main url.

I can only get on using direct.thecorrado url...

Website Offline, No Cached Version Available

The website you are trying to access is currently offline. The most likely causes are the server is down for maintenance, there may be a network problem, or the site may be experiencing excessive load.

The site uses CloudFlare in order to help keep it online when the server is down by serving cached copies of pages where they are available. Unfortunately, a cached copy of the page you requested is not available, but you may be able to reach other cached pages on the site.

If you continue to receive this error after you believe the site is back online, you can retry a live version of the site.

Problem being, unless you know you can get in via direct.thecorrado.net you are loosing page views as people cannot get on...

one of the reasons I disabled it on vr6oc.com

Problem being, unless you know you can get in via direct.thecorrado.net you are loosing page views as people cannot get on...

one of the reasons I disabled it on vr6oc.com

As of last night, CloudFlare is now disabled - so let's see how the site runs without it...

Excellent.

I still found I had issues until I reverted my DNS NS back to the ones of my ISP, but will see how things go...

Excellent.

I still found I had issues until I reverted my DNS NS back to the ones of my ISP, but will see how things go...

Yup - I did think that might be the case. I'm going to look into it tonight to see if there's a 'live' DNS solution. The one thing about 123reg is that their DNS updates are rather slow... Used to love that with CloudFlare and OpenDNS, a new sub-domain was live (for me, at least) in less than a minute!

I might try this instead: http://www.incapsula.com/

Just for info. I usually use Chrome. If I get the problem, and then access with Explorer I get in immediately. If I go back to Chrome, then it will still not be working. Obviously that was before Andi made the last change, but may help figure what is up.

D

much better now, no problems logging in or getting stuck changing pages in a thread.

much better... might want to add a redirect for direct.thecorrado.com back to the main site if not already done for those who have it saved in their favouries...

is there any reason why tapatalk now doesnt worksice cloudflare has been disabled.

I just get a message that my failed log in attempts have been used up please wait 15 minutes..... no matter how long i wait i get the same message

I think that's down to the forum logging you out issue... Not sure how to clear cookies in tapatalk but I suspect deleting and reinstalling tapatalk would do the trick :) probably just a temp thing while DNS servers update etc...

Tapatalk issue should now be resolved.

The new Cloud DNS system was reporting everyone as one IP address, so when one person failed to log in, EVERYONE got the failure.. ;)

Real IPs are now being reported to vBulletin, so it should work fine now...

Let me know! :)

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

much better... might want to add a redirect for direct.thecorrado.com back to the main site if not already done for those who have it saved in their favouries...

I'll still keep it as a direct 'just in case' for now.

I needed it earlier to actually log into the Admin panel due the IP issue above.. lol!